Unforgettable Fire - June 27 - Saloon, NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not going to be able to make it but I have a plan B. My son and I are going to see UF play the next night in NJ. :) Shorter drive and I might be bringing some neighbors. I'm sacrificing a night out with the girls but I'll just be patient it will come some day.

I'm not going to be able to make it but I have a plan B. My son and I are going to see UF play the next night in NJ. :) Shorter drive and I might be bringing some neighbors. I'm sacrificing a night out with the girls but I'll just be patient it will come some day.

sorry you cant go kat, but im glad you have a plan b :) that is going to be fun!

oh, and fyi, july 18 (or whenever that friday is) i may be headed to baltimore with some friends to catch a carbon leaf show at power plant. nothing is set in stone, but if we do go you are more than welcomed to join us! cl is based in richmond, but play all over the tristate area so you may have heard of them. anyway, hopefully we can get together for some gelati and good ol virginia music! ill keep you posted.

You can start warming up with the mischief next week :sexywink:

Warm?? Sake?? Or, uh, are we doing Chinese?? (Persistent bugger, aren't I?) It will be my last night in NYC, by the way, so my last opportunity to see Mick and the gang. Heading to the great state of Texas where an old friend doth live for a while.

Mia, you think you have a travelling bug? Oh the stories I could tell! Oi vay!

I hope you do come to Baltimore. In fact that day is the first day of my long needed VACATION. :hyper: That would be a great way to kick it off.

Warm?? Sake?? Or, uh, are we doing Chinese?? (Persistent bugger, aren't I?) It will be my last night in NYC, by the way, so my last opportunity to see Mick and the gang. Heading to the great state of Texas where an old friend doth live for a while.

Mia, you think you have a travelling bug? Oh the stories I could tell! Oi vay!

aww, i didn't realize it was your last night in the city! so this is the final gig in your farewell tour this time, eh? we'll have to give you a proper sendoff ;)

I hope you do come to Baltimore. In fact that day is the first day of my long needed VACATION. :hyper: That would be a great way to kick it off.

sweet!!! again, not really set in stone. i'm *hoping* by then my financial aid will be in (should've been before i started school, dontcha think?) if not, i'm sending them a 4 year supply of "Act Right" juice. if it is, i might be able to make it. i'll definitely let you know!

Hi guys,

Well, we have 2 contractors and a furniture delivery that weekend, so Paul really can't come....but I should know for sure if I can make it this afternoon. Is there still space for me in the hotel? I would just be staying on the Friday night if I do come.

Hi guys,

Well, we have 2 contractors and a furniture delivery that weekend, so Paul really can't come....but I should know for sure if I can make it this afternoon. Is there still space for me in the hotel? I would just be staying on the Friday night if I do come.

you betcha, girl!!! just let me know. are you sure you don't wanna stay on saturday with us too? we've nothing etched in stone, but odds are it will be fun and awesome.

Mia if it helps and you need a place to stay just let me know. That might help you save some money. :hug: I hope you will be able to make it.

Last edited:
you betcha, girl!!! just let me know. are you sure you don't wanna stay on saturday with us too? we've nothing etched in stone, but odds are it will be fun and awesome.

OK, it's looking like I'm gonna make it! :hyper: I'm not sure yet if it will be just Fri or Fri/Sat, but Fri for sure. I will just take the bus in. Hopefully it will be easy to figure out how to get to the hotel from the bus depot! Woooohoooo!

:yippie:

Holla!
whee.gif

What time does your bus arrive? Perhaps we can meet up and drop our stuff off at the hotel together. Or, if you're getting there before we do, I can give them your name so you can check in. It's really easy to get to actually, I can get you directions if we can't meet up beforehand.

Dear Friday,
Please get here now.
kthxbye,
Mia

Mia if it helps and you need a place to stay just let me know. That might help you save some money. :hug: I hope you will be able to make it.
thanks, Kat. you're awesome :hug:

i had a dream last night that Friday was already here!!!! p.s. we all had an amazing night. i also wore turquoise glitter eyeshadow :hmm: :huh:

who was your alter ego???? :wink:

Awww, Cari and Mia! I can't wait to see you both! xoxoxoxoxo :love:

Friday definitely can't come soon enough. I am about to leave for a work retreat for three solid days (talking 7am to 11pm of all my colleagues all the time!) :huh:

I haven't booked my bus yet actually, because I wanted to find out what time you guys were arriving, checking in, etc. I am pretty sure that I have Friday off, so I am pretty flexible. Just let me know what works for you!

I should be getting into Penn Sta around 6:25 and Mia's bus arrives at Penn Sta at 7...not sure what time Kelly's train gets to Grand Central. I'm guessing you'll be arriving at Port Authority?

I'll wait for Mia and........and then I don't know what......:reject:

well... i know we'll head to the hotel for check in, do a quick spruce-up and head on out to dinner. what i don't know yet is if we're meeting up with Kelly or just meeting at the hotel.

sorry. i'm useless. :|

Jess!!! Cari is spot on about arrival times. Which bus are you taking? Vamoose is super awesome, we used it last time. It picks up in Bethesda and drops you off at Penn. Vamoose daily bus service between New York NY, Arlington VA & Bethesda MD

If we arrive at the same time we can probably just take a cab to the hotel together. With the lot of us it'll be the same price as the subway but probably faster. Can you PM me your mobile? I don't think we exchanged numbers last time we hung out.

Not useless at all, Cari! That was most helpful.

I was going to go on the Greyhound from DC that gets in at 6:20, but maybe I should go from Bethesda instead! It's much closer to home.

Now I am just trying to figure out if I am going to go to the ballet on Saturday (ABT is doing La Bayadere, one of my faves), since our hotel is 1 mile away from Lincoln Center!! :hmm:

I'm so happy for everyone. :hug: You are all going to have a great time. I hope one day in the future I get released from my cage so I can have a girls night out.

Mia I'm just waiting on that bonus check that nobody knows about....it isn't here yet but it is already burning a hole in my pocket. Then I'm free....to have a night out. :reject:

Hiiiiiiii, i'm alive!!!

I have been without cable since last thursday, which means no phone, no tv and no internet. Damn the people changing the roof... :madwife:

Jess, if you want to get there earlier i can meet you any time after 4pm. I'm leaving work at 1pm, so i just need to get home, shower and go back to the train station, which is literally across the street... And you should definitely spend saturday with us AND i would'd loooove to go to the ballet with you if you decide to go (i've never been before)!! :flirt:

Really? You want to come with??!! Yeayyy!!! OK!!! :hyper: We need to figure out if we want to order our tix in advance, how much you want to spend, etc.

Here is what is on...I love this ballet (La Bayadere):
Welcome to AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE: ABT

I was thinking of going to the 2pm show and then having dinner with the rest of the group afterwards (I think it gets out around 4:30 or 5).

Ticket info:
http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/season/single/reserve.aspx?perf=9800

What do you think? Anyone else want to come? Classical ballet isn't for everyone, but it IS ABT and we are RIGHT next to Lincoln Center! :D

Also, what time is everyone leaving on Sunday? I want be home mid-late afternoon so I can have dinner with poor Paul who is so sad he is missing this trip. :(

But it IS a girls' weekend after all! :sexywink:

I'm up for ballet too! I've never been, and I love trying out new (to me) things. Where would be a good place to sit? I think I can afford up to "Dress Circle" seating. Oooh! Does this mean we get to dress up???

I think my chariot carries me away at 9am on Sunday :(

well.... i've never been to the ballet......so i suppose you can count me in too.

my chariot departs at 8am. I have to head back home to catch a "party bus" to head to upstate NY for my cousins grad party. my family is relatively large, so on occasion, we rent a party bus for family get togethers. :lol: it's rather humorous.

Back
Top Bottom