Unforgettable Fire @ Canal Room (NYC)- Saturday October 4th (w/ opener - Coldplayers)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks UF for an AMAZING night!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Please :drool: Acrobat :drool: Hold Me Thrill Me :drool:

Headache.... niiiiiice work on the screen!! :up: :drool:

Mick, i'm happy to report, that with one taste and one accidental swig, i did not go blind from the mickshine.....tho i did feel the burn for a long while afterwords.

kassandra, did u get my txt & message?

Thanks UF for an AMAZING night!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Please :drool: Acrobat :drool: Hold Me Thrill Me :drool:

Headache.... niiiiiice work on the screen!! :up: :drool:

Mick, i'm happy to report, that with one taste and one accidental swig, i did not go blind from the mickshine.....tho i did feel the burn for a long while afterwords.

kassandra, did u get my txt & message?

No I didn't my cellphone went dead and I forgto to bring my charger :angry:
I was there last night though waaaaaaaaaaaay in the back, by the soundboard. There was no way I could squeeze my way up. Where were you guys?

Loved the show, definetly going to catch them again.....................when is that? :D

Fantastic show as always! :love:

I died and went to heaven after the 90s overload of Hold Me Thrill Me, Discotheque and Even Better! :combust: UF, you guys play all the songs the fans really want! :hug: And stuff like Acrobat that U2 simply doesn't play for some reason! Excellent pick for Vertigo snippet in Zeppelin's How Many More Times! I'll give you all I've got to give....... rings, peaaaaaaarls and alllllll! :rockon: :wink: Oh and working Please into SBS was :up::up:

The show seemed shorter than usual for some reason. Maybe it was cos there were 2 bands or maybe it just seemed that way but wasn't. The Coldplayers were excellent too! I'm so glad I caught all the right songs that I'd been wanting to hear... Lost, Viva La Vida, Scientist, Clocks etc. even though I came in late. The guy does looks quite a bit like Chris Martin too! :wink:

Tony, hope your foot heals very soon and you're once again crawling like a cat on stage and doing all the other cheesetastic Bono-isms! ;) No I love your stage personas and looking forward to seeing you all again! Thanks for a great night out! :)

Oh and ladies of the HLB™, it was ridiculous fun to party with you folks again! Mia, it was great to meet your friend Shanna! For a while I was concerned if she was enjoying the show as much as us loonies were... :lol: but it seems like she did! Looking forward to doing this again.. at the Saloon maybe? Maybe kaf will show up too! I've got to ready up my frying pan before then! :drool:

Alright, I await the Unforgettable afterparty pics! :whistle:

No I didn't my cellphone went dead and I forgto to bring my charger :angry:
I was there last night though waaaaaaaaaaaay in the back, by the soundboard. There was no way I could squeeze my way up. Where were you guys?

Loved the show, definetly going to catch them again.....................when is that? :D

buuumer! we were looking fwd to meeting you! i'm glad you made it though and glad you loved the show!!

we got there just as coldplayers started their 2nd set and were leaning against the soundboard. towards the end of their set we squeeeezed our way up and took our places in front. proceeded to shake our little tail feathers as per usge for the rest of the night.

we will def need to try and meet up for another show.

Well, we must have just been standing near each other til you left! We were dancing back there.

We got in at the end of Coldplayers set, they were verrrrrrrrrrry loud! OUCH!

Sorry it didn't work out, next time for sure!

Glad you girls had a good time. I've since contracted my wife's cold :doh:

I started feeling it at the lighting console last night...blah. Oh well. 'Twas a good show, and yes, a touch shorter than usual (leave 'em wanting more, as they say). Oh, and the Coldplayers were an absolute PLEASURE to work with! Good kids and good musicians.

What Cari and Zoots said!!! I'm soooooo glad you guys are back!!! It was way too long without some UF awesomeness...

:heart: :larry: :edge: :bono: :adam: :heart:

Here some pics:

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Great pics, Kelly!! I'm so glad you remembered your camera. My battery ran out, so I only got to take pics of the pre-show antics. I'll post them after class today.

Headache, I thought the projected images added a nice touch. Vertigo was awesome! Well done.

Zoots - Shanna had a blast, she was at the canal room show when we went in May. I've successfully turned her into a U2 fan, though she's not quite at superfan status yet. She's def a UF superfan though :wink:

Dee - thanks for coming out for dinner! It was great to see you again. I hope we can meet up again soon.

HLB - it is always awesome when we get together. Mad props to Cari for driving into the city and her sweet PARALLEL PARKING job!!! HOLLA!

The Mickster - Thanks for everything! You're the man :bow: Also, I think you should patent the Mickshine. Apparently that paired with the hot pepper was the cure for my cold. ;) I hope you liked the Keith's and cupcakes!

Definitely looking forward to seeing you guys again! Perhaps Andy can be an opener? He puts on quite a show!

woohoo! my 1st class let out early! let the pic parade begin!!!!

i like to drink and dance while baking...especially at 12am on a friday night
l_d60f9bf8f09a49a7af82bf91b122d8b2.jpg

the guinness cupcakes...before glazing
l_178290c3f2f04ff68cba1aea269496c3.jpg

the finished product!
l_795dab44fb54461da2f00733dc6e9d9c.jpg

after we picked up Shanna we had mangoritas at Chevy's
l_2bac1c4bbc014a43871ec8d9b95cb867.jpg

and Shanna and Cari posed for a commercial
l_1c16c70096834cc197921c28450109bb.jpg

then we went home to get sexified
l_af2ae17f94df468882808d749340a477.jpg

we then hit the city for a lovely sushi dinner.

i washed my food down with some nice warm sake
l_4018550a229d4a6c8ca00ba205bd4df7.jpg

and we paid Kelly for her "services"
l_a33c0df4e0304a94a666d286e482d6ca.jpg

Shanna showed off her gangsta dolla bling
l_841ec01956474c9e9f48facee29c550f.jpg

i got paid for wearing my sexyboots
l_9e5e2aeef7674961a9c235888bc7a3c2.jpg

dissatisfied, Cari wanted a refund
l_1de7c92b6b1246daa1272298d9a47c81.jpg

then i was feeling dangerous, so i took 2 bites of Mick's hot pepper
l_185a839db00e445f89fee27fff9b014a.jpg

Shanna and I at the canal room
l_1891a1576f8a40da9b379c535a274aed.jpg

um...that's not water in that bottle...
l_d8bcb6b19e8640baadd76516d61b3df6.jpg

and...this is unfortunately my only "band" shot. i think that's Eddie and Craig
l_0e0c1a210c0b4b2b968a197177e69fb9.jpg

:applaud:
yay, pics! :giggle:
:lol: I didn't know you'd frosted the Guinness Cupcakes!

Great to see you all-- mia, cari, kelly & shanna, and hang out a while! :hug:S

and the mickster :)lol: toting & hawking the bag of Hot Peppers grown by ______? i forgot who <at the other (band's) table> ), george, tony & :lol:(War Pig) Andy.

Glad to hear you were "ripping it up" (muscially) on stage, per usual.

Hopefully I'll see you all and more Interland pals at The Saloon in Nov!

:hmm: Acrobat ?.............. :hyper::drool:.....:grumpy:

:wink:

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom