Unforgettable Fire - Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
intropage.jpg

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004357FCE09CBD?artistid=1378874&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52

In other news... it appears as if UF has gone out and gotten themselves a new manager.
uf_paulmcg.bmp

Kelly & I would love to be there, but it just wouldn't be the same without someone for he & Doozer to get in a fight with, anyway. :sad: :lmao:

Hope all those who are able to attend have a stupendous time! :up: :cool:

:grumpy:

ugh if it's 35$....... and starts around 11:30

b/c I have to have an extra 12$ for a car service from where i get off on the subway....the bus supposed to run all night 1X hour after 1:30AM but one time I got there after 1:30 I waited ? 90+ mins seem not to run. I ended up taking a CS.

I have to ask the bus drivers over next few days....

It's too long etc to walk (I would only do it under extraordinary circumstances (good or bad).

I can see UF later in the Spring... though i certainly would like to be there Fri.

Coming up from D.C. to see the boys with my NY friends .... hope I can buy tickets at BB's day of show ...I don't want to pay Ticketmaster surcharges:down:

hope everyone going tomorrow has a great time! if you're up near the stage, watch out for stage divers :|

yeah....i should know! :anrgy:
i thought of that [from last year :yuck:] last night, cari!

picked my tix about 6Pm.... now i have a few hours to pass the time...
(too far to go all the way back home :lol:)

sorry most of you won't be there!:hug:

:applaud::applaud:
*Thanks*, guys for another great show!

Ha!!! they had extra surprises for the St Patrick's Day @ BBK's :D

A pipes & drum band ( ?Knights of Columbus) who came up first.
A belly dancer for "Mysterious Ways"!] She sure shook it! and had these great gold wings she first stepped out ( to hide herself )
and......
so sweet :heart: a marriage proposal on stage during All I want is You (? friends of Tony/Bono) !!

UF rocked out as usual... esp NYD!, Gloria!, SBS!, IWF! Ultraviolet!, BD!, Elevation! and Electric Co.!
(and the "brick in the Wall"addition ) ( isn't there a song by PF on the same album called "Run Like Hell??? some riff reminded re of that, too)

my only complaint....... about the show.. and sorry Mickster.......gotta have serious disagreement here....NLOTH is one of their best...... EVAH!!!!

.....and having been at the shows in NJ......I can tell you there were a hell of a lot of fans cheering, singing and dancing to the No Line songs (so there!) :wink:

And i didn't actually hear (your answer) as to who the (whaaaa?, ONLY) one of you is who likes NLOTH.......

SO....... just so you know ahead of time..... UF fan.... .
....who also wants to hear NLOTH songs will be disappointed on them seemingly not doing them any more :tsk::(:tsk: (UNLESS it was only this BBK show omission).
And too bad, too, because ....
UF did great :applaud: versions on them last year!

carri :hug: good to see you! Nice to meet your bud....Elizabeth? Hope you got the the station easily!
Looking forward to your photos!!!! :D

See you guys.... ? in May.....Canal Room? or something like that!

In the meantime Go Well ! :wave:

Thanks guys!! I had lots of fun letting loose :) As Dazz said, the Pipe and drum players were awesome, confetti was fun and your belly dancer was great!

Coming up from D.C. to see the boys with my NY friends .... hope I can buy tickets at BB's day of show ...I don't want to pay Ticketmaster surcharges:down:

I hope you & your friends had a blast buzzkill!

There are still tickets available. I just checked.

Laura, did you end up not going? I didn't see you.

My pics didn't really come out thaaaat great, but here are a few...

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

:wave: Hey Cari. I wanted to go, but I already had other plans. Next show I'm going to definitly come to.

my only complaint....... about the show.. and sorry Mickster.......gotta have serious disagreement here....NLOTH is one of their best...... EVAH!!!!

.....and having been at the shows in NJ......I can tell you there were a hell of a lot of fans cheering, singing and dancing to the No Line songs (so there!) :wink:

And i didn't actually hear (your answer) as to who the (whaaaa?, ONLY) one of you is who likes NLOTH.......

SO....... just so you know ahead of time..... UF fan.... .
....who also wants to hear NLOTH songs will be disappointed on them seemingly not doing them any more :tsk::(:tsk: (UNLESS it was only this BBK show omission).
And too bad, too, because ....
UF did great :applaud: versions on them last year!

always an issue with tribute acts... the balance between the non-fan, the casual fan and the hardcore fan... and trying to match that balance.

the non-fans will only get into the hits, the casual fans will appreciate the popular non-hits (your ultraviolets, your kites, etc. etc.), and the hardcore's want B-sides.

it's a tough line to straddle. the casual & non-fans usually make up the majority of the crowd, but the hardcore's are the ones who give you real cred. within the u2 fan community it's self.

I think that it is a good thing if they do play some songs from NLOTH. But I can't imagine that anyone expects a U2 tribute to play 6-8 NLOTH songs in a set.

I love NLOTH. But I am also one that loves when the older less played tune or b-side gets played.

But in the end, the band has to 'feel' the song or otherwise they will hate playing it and it will show.

That goes for the real U2 as well as any tribute.

it's a tough line to straddle. the casual & non-fans usually make up the majority of the crowd, but the hardcore's are the ones who give you real cred. within the u2 fan community it's self.

def true!

no diff really from the cheering, dissapointments (and bickering*ducks* :wink:) that goes on here in INTERLAND over eachU2 tour's Set list!

I think that it is a good thing if they do play some songs from NLOTH. But I can't imagine that anyone expects a U2 tribute to play 6-8 NLOTH songs in a set.

I love NLOTH. But I am also one that loves when the older less played tune or b-side gets played.

But in the end, the band has to 'feel' the song or otherwise they will hate playing it and it will show.

That goes for the real U2 as well as any tribute.

don't get me wrong I agree with you !

Last BBK's (and Canal <summer>) '09 they did 3 - 4 ........ :hmm: Magnificent/Breath/ Boots and possibly NLOTH a nice amount

what I was trying to say in my end comments was also

they played and sang the NLOTH songs Sooo WELL I certainly couldn't tell they (in general) were NOT really into it !

Which is a sort of a different type of skill (visually capturing the spirit of the songs) in addition to the skill of being able to recreate then in Music and Voice.

OH and yes I love that I get to hear UF play U2 songs THAT U2 don't play often or not anymore (until.... they do <if so> again) because UF does do them so well.

And thanks for the vid!

I hear ya. :wave:

def true!

no diff really from the cheering, dissapointments (and bickering*ducks* :wink:) that goes on here in INTERLAND over eachU2 tour's Set list!

don't get me wrong I agree with you !

Last BBK's (and Canal <summer>) '09 they did 3 - 4 ........ :hmm: Magnificent/Breath/ Boots and possibly NLOTH a nice amount

what I was trying to say in my end comments was also

they played and sang the NLOTH songs Sooo WELL I certainly couldn't tell they (in general) were NOT really into it !

Which is a sort of a different type of skill (visually capturing the spirit of the songs) in addition to the skill of being able to recreate then in Music and Voice.

OH and yes I love that I get to hear UF play U2 songs THAT U2 don't play often or not anymore (until.... they do <if so> again) because UF does do them so well.

And thanks for the vid!

maybe my ugly face broke your camera :) Well maybe the new songs will make it back in the lineup for Canal.

M

Back
Top Bottom