U23D gathering in Dallas!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's amazing is that this show is one of the 3 in Texas and only one of maybe 10-15 in all the nation until February... In many places they won't even get this show.. so we should see as many as we can ;)

According to Yahoo! Movies its already made a Million Bucks.. nice to hear...

Re: This Friday

poppedtart said:
So Friday El Fenix at what time? The 9:30 Showing then is a go?

I live in Dallas, but am not sure how to change my profile to show this...

I need to know...will you be there so I can add you to the headcount for dinner because I need to call to reserve a table again.

And dinner at 6pm.

Show starts at 9pm...make sure you get your tickets online before you go.

So are you in?

poppedtart said:
What's amazing is that this show is one of the 3 in Texas and only one of maybe 10-15 in all the nation until February... In many places they won't even get this show.. so we should see as many as we can ;)

According to Yahoo! Movies its already made a Million Bucks.. nice to hear...

Yep. And they can thank us fans for helping. I have never gone to a movie theater to see a movie more than once, much less 3 times. This is a whole new record for me!

Amazing that this film is mostly word of mouth. I've only heard it announced on 102.1, and a review on Channel 8...that's it!

got my ticket tonite too!
will be at dinner.
hopefully i'll be hungry this time :lol:

Allegra said:

You were so far down on the end I didn't even notice.

What did Rono think of the food this time?

Just curious...

And I already have you down. :wink:

actually he didn't eat anything.
just beer. :lol:
i only had a cheese enchilada and some rice.
we'd been out to eat for a late lunch that day at house of blues when we picked up tickets for they might be giants.
house of blues has great food btw!
we were totally stuffed!
but it was really, really good!

:hmm: i wonder if vertigo usa or any of the other tribute bands would be interested in performing at house of blues?

might be worth looking into for the future!

ABEL said:

actually he didn't eat anything.
just beer. :lol:
i only had a cheese enchilada and some rice.
we'd been out to eat for a late lunch that day at house of blues when we picked up tickets for they might be giants.
house of blues has great food btw!
we were totally stuffed!
but it was really, really good!

:hmm: i wonder if vertigo usa or any of the other tribute bands would be interested in performing at house of blues?

might be worth looking into for the future!

Did he try the El Fenix food at all or what? What was "really, really good?" El Fenix or the HOB or both? Be clear woman!

And I've been working with Greg trying to get them into the HOB for months now. No word yet, but he says his manager is working on it.

Vertigo USA has played at a few other HOB so they just might get in and play there.

Allegra said:

Did he try the El Fenix food at all or what? What was "really, really good?" El Fenix or the HOB or both? Be clear woman!

And I've been working with Greg trying to get them into the HOB for months now. No word yet, but he says his manager is working on it.

Vertigo USA has played at a few other HOB so they just might get in and play there.

ehm, he didn't eat anything meant he didn't eat anything at el fenix. hob was really really good. i mentioned really really good when i was talking about hob. i said he didn't eat anything and i didn't eat much cuz we ate a late lunch at hob. :shrug: :tongue:

ABEL said:

ehm, he didn't eat anything meant he didn't eat anything at el fenix. hob was really really good. i mentioned really really good when i was talking about hob. i said he didn't eat anything and i didn't eat much cuz we ate a late lunch at hob. :shrug: :tongue:

Whatever!

Now the boy has never tried real Tex-Mex because you filled up at HOB.

Boo on you!

:shame:

See you tonight!

Re: I am in

poppedtart said:
See you tongiht at El Fenix

Hey it was great meeting you. Hopefully we'll see you at the Vertigo (USA) show.

And Abel, thanks a lot for asking about the posters! It's huge and fantastic! Now I just have to figure out where to hang it up.

I told you what my son said, but yeah I will find out what his friends think. At the show we saw tonite my son was amazed at the varying ages of the people watching the show. I told him the concerts are like that....celebrities, athletes, common folk, families, singles, married folk, all walks of life, young people, older people.....he's just amazed.

Carek1230 said:
I told you what my son said, but yeah I will find out what his friends think. At the show we saw tonite my son was amazed at the varying ages of the people watching the show. I told him the concerts are like that....celebrities, athletes, common folk, families, singles, married folk, all walks of life, young people, older people.....he's just amazed.

Again...very very cool.

I love it when I see or hear or read about a new U2 fan breaking from their cocoon.

:wink:

Allegra said:

Again...very very cool.

I love it when I see or hear or read about a new U2 fan breaking from their cocoon.

:wink:

so you'll be there when we go see it again this friday right? :lmao: :hyper:

Allegra said:

Oh, I don't know yet.

I'll have to ask again.

Besides, I just checked the web site, and there's nothing for Friday yet.

ehm it's there, i just looked on the cinemark website. :shrug: :scratch:
https://www.cinemark.com/buy_ticket...l+Rd.&addr2=&city=Dallas&title=U2+-+3D+-+IMAX
we asked on friday how long it would be showing, they said probably a couple more weeks.
and when the manager gave me the posters i said thanks and see you next week. :lol:

you should drag your hubby along this time :wink:

Last edited:
ABEL said:

ehm it's there, i just looked on the cinemark website. :shrug: :scratch:
https://www.cinemark.com/buy_ticket...l+Rd.&addr2=&city=Dallas&title=U2+-+3D+-+IMAX
we asked on friday how long it would be showing, they said probably a couple more weeks.
and when the manager gave me the posters i said thanks and see you next week. :lol:

you should drag your hubby along this time :wink:

First of all, I know what I saw. It wasn't listed last night, but it's listed tonight. I know how they operate. They wait till the last minute to post it. Also if you had been online last night in here you would have noticed that. :p

So yeah, I saw it listed a few minutes ago. Haven't bought any tickets yet. Still need to talk to the hubby again and the baby sitter next door. :wink:

And the word "probably" is not a definite yes.

I'm very surprised it's still in the theater without any advertising on it at all. What a shame. Maybe they are waiting until it hits the regular 3D theaters to actually run some ads.

Weird.

they probably update the website on a weekly basis on mondays.
i never understood the whole no advertising thing either.

Our theatre in San Diego snuck in an added showing without prior advertising. That's how I saw it the 2nd time. They advertised showings at 12, 5, 9:30 and 11:30 and after we saw it at 5 I noted on the sign there was a 7pm showing so I saw it again! Can't trust them theatre folks I'm telling ya :ohmy:

Hey Allegra if the hubby goes lemme know what he thinks of it!

Carek1230 said:
Our theatre in San Diego snuck in an added showing without prior advertising. That's how I saw it the 2nd time. They advertised showings at 12, 5, 9:30 and 11:30 and after we saw it at 5 I noted on the sign there was a 7pm showing so I saw it again! Can't trust them theatre folks I'm telling ya :ohmy:

Hey Allegra if the hubby goes lemme know what he thinks of it!

Jared....go?

He never attends my U2 outings.

He thinks U2 is a good band and all, but he doesn't feel the need to go.

I mean I'll ask, but I'm 99.9% sure he will not.

yeah but this is U23D, completely different :wink:

btw are those of us who are going still planning on going out to eat at el fenix for dinner at 6pm? i've got one friend, and one co-worker and her mom coming, and possibly one more co-worker and his wife coming so i just need to let them know if there's a certain time we're meeing up.

Back
Top Bottom