U2 Texans - Help Support the ONE Campaign This Weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hey Everyone,

First, let me wish everyone here well over the next few days as Texas gets a visit from Rita. I hope that the weather won't seriously do any harm. Let us all know how things turn out in your area.

I wanted to get back to all of you who are in Dallas about the booth for the ONE Campaign that we all chipped in for at our gathering at Trinity Hall on 13 August. The booth has been secured and will be waiting for volunteers to show up to staff it on October 1, 2005 at Lee Park.

For those of you who are a bit fuzzy on the details, here is a link to the AIDS Walk website:

http://www.aidslifewalk.org/

They are asking those who will be setting up the booth to be at Lee Park about 6:30 am on October 1. I will be there for sure and welcome any help that I can get to get things organized.
I will be having some info about ONE from DATA (like fact sheets) and petitions.

Right now, I would like to get some idea of who thinks that they can show up that day to help in some way. You can either help staff the booth and give out ONE info, help sign people up for ONE or walk on behalf of ONE in the AIDS Walk. However you would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

So think about what you would like to do to show support for ONE in the month of the arrival of the Vertigo tour in Texas. You are free to bring your cameras and take as many pics of the day that you would like.

Let's show Bono and U2 that Texans have BIG HEARTS - especially for the world's poorest people.

Take very good care. Hope to hear from some of our Dallas area people soon. Blessings not just for those who kneel.

ONE,
debbie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a message that I sent to our U2Texas yahoo group that decided that we wanted to do something to help continue spreading the message of ONE here in Texas and to begin the month that the Vertigo tour finally hits Texas (with MORE POWER THAN ANY HURRICANE) on a positive note.

But simply - we need people to show up this Saturday and participate however you can.

You can help staff the info booth. You can walk around and sign people up on ONE petitions.

Or you can simply join the Walk and walk on behalf of ONE. (Make your own banners and t-shirts if you want.)

We just want people to know the ONE HAS COME TO DALLAS to stay!

I'll have all the sign uo sheets, info sheets and white bands that we'll need.

We just want YOU to join ONE and help the world's poorest people!

Hope to hear from some of you soon. Thank you very much for your concern and willingness to do what you can to help MAKE POVERTY HISTORY in our lifetimes.

Let's make U2 proud to come to Texas! :up:

Hope to see some of those who will be supporting the One Campaign at the Vertigo concert come out this Saturday and support ONE before the B-man hits Dallas!

I think that he would appreciate your time and effort for ONE.;)

ONE last bump - the AIDS Walk is tomorrow!

We'd love to have as many supporters of ONE to show up.

And then you can take your pics to the Dallas concert and show them to others.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Thanks, Carek1230, I'm glad that you appreciate all the personal effort that I put into my volunteering for ONE in Texas.

Bono personally thanked me this past may for all that I do and he did it again this past Tues. night at MSG! :wink:

Check this out:

'For any of you that are fed up with me going on and on about this stuff,' explains Bono, getting into his stride on Africa and global poverty. 'Its going to get worse. By the next election we’ll have 5 million signed up. We won't be going around with a paper cup anymore. We’ll have your voice and we’ll use it.
'In the 60’s there was the civil rights movement and in the 70’s anti-apartheid. This is our struggle: equality at a global level. There will be a vaccine for AIDS. And one day it will look ridiculous - this waste of human life.'

As a glorious version of One comes to a climax, slipping into Ol' Man River, the southern states that have suffered from Katrina are remembered. 'It's in the worst of time we see the best of America and

I’m proud to say that the volunteers from the ONE campaign have been in Texas and Louisiana and Missisippi. This is a great country, because it’s a great idea. You gotta hold on to that idea!'

(and we all know who is the longest ONE volunteer in Texas - smile)

PLEASE follow Bono's advice and join the ONE Campaign of Texas this Sunday at the Austin AIDS Walk.

THANK YOU BONO!

Always ONE, debbie

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom