U2 Shindig in the Motor City-All Interested Look Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Dates Work Best For You For The Michigan Gathering?

• November 8th - 10th

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • November 15th - 17th

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I Can Make Either Date; No Preference

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I Can't Make Either Date

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Motor City Followers of U2-Up for A Party?

This was discussed a while back, from a thread of mine when I first joined.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50813

I know we've got quite a few members from Michigan, as seen from that thread. And everyone seemed up for a U2 party of some sort....so, question is, where and when should we plan for one?

Please post all ideas here!

:)

Well, I have 3-day weekends this semester, so this fall would be good! Not sure what I'll be up to or where I'll be next year (possibly Virginia!!). I'd love to make something happen sometime though for us Michiganders (and anybody else who wants to join us!). :)

Come on, Michiganders! We need people to at least show some interest before we actually start the planning! :)

:laugh: hi I'm from Oakland county MI area and would loove to meet up with other U2 ppl's as I signed up for the U2 "meetup" but it never got off the ground cuz no one else signed up!:rant:
so yeah, I'm interested... weekends are always good for me as I work full time durin the day and go to school at nite...maybe we could meet at a central location to everyone?? like at a restaraunt or somethin??
Chris :D
oh yeah, these smilies are adorable!!:wave:

being from the heart of "The Heart of it All" (in the States), I am very game. April, I heartily enjoy this idea and would love one last roadtrip of the summer. The prob Bob is that I'd have to jump fast cause I'd wanna do it before schooling starts, which for me is Sept 7th. Lemme know. U2 fans are great company so it'd definitely rule/kick/be awesome.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!! I wanna meet wannabe and give him a big :hug: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hmm....

Too bad I don't live by Grand Rapids anymore. I could have been the chaperone.

*raises hand slowly*

:wave: Can I maybe come??? :reject:

I'm not from Michigan, but i'd sure love to meet you guys! I'm always up for a mini vacation, and I haven't yet seen Michigan....I may be interested in flying up to meet you all!!

I totally wanna meet BC and LMPA(and anybody else of course!)....and i've already met Stories and LivLUv and ultraviolet(whom also live there)

*bribes everyone with Bono posters*

Tiff

Yay!! We can tell Pirate Jokes!!!!

*wants to have a beer with BC*

I have a feeling you and I would get along SWIMMINGLY :laugh: :D

Hows Nov 8-10??? (Fri-Sun) I got no plans for November other than Thanksgiving....

Just a start....Seeing as how I prob wouldn't be able to plan much LOCATION wise...

:shrug:

THIS should be FUN. :dance: Meeting INterferencers is what life is all about. :up: ESP the queen of them all......BC

(I can't believe I might also meet an evil handmaiden--I'm so not worthy....:sexywink:)

I'm definitely plannin' on helpin'...we can have a nice gathering...if people would just show some more interest! :crack:

I think some people might start receiving private messages from me...and April knows what happens if you don't reply to my private messages....................

___
:wave: My father and I will show up at your house.

Later in the fall sounds like a wonderful idea. I will be off from Thanksgiving to New Years for winter break, so that would be ample time.

I have the next three days off work so I am thrilled to travel, if need be.

Meeting Interferencers is fun.

Bonochick said:
I think some people might start receiving private messages from me...and April knows what happens if you don't reply to my private messages....................
[/SIZE]

*cowers in fear of BC*
Sorry, it's been kinda hectic - moving into the dorms tomorrow.
Anyway, I'd love to meet with alla you'se...mid-november sounds good!
I'm sure I could drag the other Interferencers from around here (Grand Rapids, by the way) too! :wink:
I don't know the Detroit area very well, so I'm afraid I won't be much help in planning, but let me know if there is anything I can do!

Any weekend (sat-sun, possbibly fri) sounds great for me, although I'll say straight up I can't afford anything more than $100, cost will be my deciding factor. And can we get Jen (wertsie) in on this? We just met her today for the first time and she got a U2 tattoo!! so cool!

Cost is going to be a factor with me, too, even though I live so close.

I think with so much of us in the same state, maybe some of us can get hotel rooms, while others can travel on home and the like?

I'm so bad at planning things, youse guys. :D

If anyone has any ideas, please PM Bonochick or myself.

Thanks!

Woo hoo! I am definitely up for this. I'm also not very familiar with the Detroit area, but I would love to meet up with everyone! :happy:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
OK, so far we're thinking later on in the fall, as in November.

wertsie, other MI interferencers, still out there? Just as a thought, those members from Ohio are welcome as well. :)

*peers out into audience

you got something against Indiana people just south of the border? :sad:

*comes stumbling in late*

sorry....hectic.....college....dorm....

anyway, i'm up for it....and maybe this time i'll even tell my parents the truth :uhoh: ..heehee....i do have classes on fridays until about 4:30 so we'd have to leave then....but other than that i'm sure i can come...woo! sounds like a blast!

bc, please don't kill me.....pweeeeeeeeeze....:sexywink:

Okay...I have an idea to toss out...

I live in Saginaw (about 2 hours from Detroit). If you people would want to get hotel rooms in Saginaw, we could meet together at my house and hang out (play games, eat, watch U2 videos, etc.). I already talked to my dad, and he said it was fine if you guys wanted to hang out here (we do have basement in pretty nice shape). Our house isn't huge, but you guys are welcome to hang out at it. Otherwise, if we didn't have somebody's house to hang out at, we'd have to either go out somewhere (and most likely drop chunks of money) or cram into a hotel room. We could still go out and do stuff as a group (go out to eat or whatever), but my house could kind of be a home base gathering ground.

I had talked about this with April, and she thought it sounded good. As for the rest of you though...

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Anybody else have any other ideas?

Yes, April...since you are co-hosting, you may sleep at my house. :)

For the rest of you folks...there are lots of places in the area to stay! I'd love to have all of you stay at my house the whole weekend, but we don't have enough room for people to sleep (or enough hot water for showers...;) ).

Bonochick said:
Okay...I have an idea to toss out...

I live in Saginaw (about 2 hours from Detroit). If you people would want to get hotel rooms in Saginaw, we could meet together at my house and hang out (play games, eat, watch U2 videos, etc.). I already talked to my dad, and he said it was fine if you guys wanted to hang out here (we do have basement in pretty nice shape). Our house isn't huge, but you guys are welcome to hang out at it. Otherwise, if we didn't have somebody's house to hang out at, we'd have to either go out somewhere (and most likely drop chunks of money) or cram into a hotel room. We could still go out and do stuff as a group (go out to eat or whatever), but my house could kind of be a home base gathering ground.

I had talked about this with April, and she thought it sounded good. As for the rest of you though...

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Anybody else have any other ideas?

Sounds OK to me, Laura, if you're out there, could you drive?

Back
Top Bottom