U2 Shindig in the Motor City-All Interested Look Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Dates Work Best For You For The Michigan Gathering?

• November 8th - 10th

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • November 15th - 17th

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I Can Make Either Date; No Preference

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I Can't Make Either Date

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Aw, man, I want to go to this. Anyone want to swing by Chicago on their way to BC's house? :help:

ACTually gina :D

i'se gonna ask you if you wanted to do that!

we shall discuss in detail at a future time.

but now that i'm not being mental i'm coming. no matter WHAT!

I think I should be able to make either date... I only have one class on Fridays, so it won't be a problem unless I have to teach or something. Which won't happen, so yeah.
I'm good at this coherent thing, huh? :p

Yeah dude, i tried that for Chicago. and believe me if they don't do it for Chicagee they wont do it there!!! ;)

Honestly, from previous experience, we don't even NEED any activities planned....We'll just be automatically entertained witheach other.

And the way this is looking, there is gonna be a MASSIVE crowd...looks to me so far like around 20 people....so realistically we may end up grouping off to go do stuff, just because all being in a crowd that big all weekend will be difficult(not because we all don't love each other, but you know....:scream: )

All i know is that the night ALWAYS ends in some fun U2 watching and drooling...Santiago, anyone??? :sick: :laugh:

*imagines 20 pleba-like gals walking down the streets of Detroit*...Those poor innocent civilians.....:tsk: :lol:

I'm with Ali Rose. I don't think we necessarily need to plan anything specific, but if anyone does have some good ideas, bring them on!

Yes, if we are going to have a larger group like that, going off to do different activities might be best. Those over 21 could go out for drinks somewhere, and the rest of the under 21 crowd (myself included) could entertain ourselves other ways. :)

The Date Is Set!

Okay, everybody...the date has been official set for November 15th - 17th!

Now...we need a confirmation of who is going! I'm asking that everybody RSVP by Saturday, September 21st (a week from tomorrow). Please send a PM to me including your real name (because I am embarrassed to say I do not know a lot of your real names! :eek: ) and your age. I will be passing this information on to April and Ali Rose. Ali is going to be in charge of making hotel arrangements, so she will need this information. Also, if you plan on rooming with somebody, please specify their name(s). If you need a roommate, let us know that as well. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please add those to the PM as well.

Hope to be hearing from you soon! :wave:

Re: The Date Is Set!

um, sure, that date sounds fine. I'm done w/ class at 3:30 on fridays, so I can go as long as I can find a ride......

one more thing, Tiff, if yer in charge of hotel stuff, could you please ask if they have VCR's in the rooms, so if I should have to um....you know...again, I'll know ahead of time and have the right tools prepared. :sexywink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
one more thing, Tiff, if yer in charge of hotel stuff, could you please ask if they have VCR's in the rooms, so if I should have to um....you know...again, I'll know ahead of time and have the right tools prepared. :sexywink:

:lol: :lol: :laugh: We have to have VCRs, right?!

um...that sounds fine but i do have class til 4:20 on fridays...and i don't have a ride...but if ellen can steal a car i'm set. we'll make sure by saturday, but sounds like fun!

Yes , VCRs = IMPORTANT!!! I'll do my best...
I sure as heck don't know how to rig a kit kat wrapper connection into the back of a hotel TV like you LIES!!! LOL

:sad: Aw ... I just found out about this, and I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. :(

*Makes mental note to spend less time in PLEBA and more time surfing other forums*

erised said:
:sad: Aw ... I just found out about this, and I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. :(

*Makes mental note to spend less time in PLEBA and more time surfing other forums*

Don't worry...I'm sure we will have other gatherings, even if just a few of us! :hug:

is this thing still a thing? haven't heard much lately......I'm still good to go if someone can pick me up *onmykneesbegging* :bow:

Yep, it's still a go!

So far, this is who we know of who is going:

- Myself
- Bonochick
- Ali Rose
- wertsie
- wannabe
- ~LadyLemon~
- Kristie (*possibly)
- Ultraviolet Light
- LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

These are the names of those confirmed! Please, if you are still coming, PM myself, Ali Rose, or Bonochick and let us know.

:)

(Pardon my edit, April, but you had left a name off the list! :D)

*tis 'k!

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
is this thing still a thing? haven't heard much lately......I'm still good to go if someone can pick me up *onmykneesbegging* :bow:

I can probably pick you up since I think I'll be sorta going in that direction anyway! Are Ellen and Laura going?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Yep, it's still a go!

So far, this is who we know of who is going:

- Myself
- Bonochick
- Ali Rose
- wertsie
- wannabe
- ~LadyLemon~
- Kristie (*possibly)

you can add me and Ellen (Ultraviolet Light) to that list, thanx to Jen!!! :up:

Last edited:
Saginaw is a couple hours north of Detroit.

Plans? Well......we're open for suggestions. Nothin' is set in stone yet. ;)

Back
Top Bottom