U2 Minnesota Pre-Show Meetup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GopherMacPhisto

Acrobat
WHO: Any fine folks here on Interference, as well as any other hangers-on.

WHAT: U2 Pre-Show meetup and Party

WHERE: Leaning Tower of Pizza
2501 University Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414

University | Leaning Tower

This is also right across the street from the Days Inn that many of the GA aficionados will be staying in.

WHEN: Friday, July 22, 2010. I think someone will be there by 6, so it'll go from there until either they close down or everyone goes home.

WHY: It's U2 coming to the Twin Cities! It's also the first concert held at the New Brickhouse, but that's incidental to the fact that it's U2!

Perfect. Although we've discussed it in the Minneapolis thread, they really get buried in there, so best to have a new thread. If I'd posted my Celtic Crossings in the Chicago thread no one would have seen it and it ended up being epic. Still my favourite fan gathering to date. Hope that's OK Sicy... just works better in here as it really is a gathering. Thanks babe :)

I'll be there!

I might let my parents tag along for a while, but only if they promise not to dance on the tables. ;)

Actually, if they come, they might be a bit overwhelmed by all the crazy U2 people. But hey, I'm giving them the full U2 experience!

I'll be there!

I might let my parents tag along for a while, but only if they promise not to dance on the tables. ;)

Actually, if they come, they might be a bit overwhelmed by all the crazy U2 people. But hey, I'm giving them the full U2 experience!

You haven't lived until you've seen your father-in-law accept a shot from Dan Good at the Hideout in Toronto during the U2 after-party. My husband brought him to the GA line in Toronto as well, he loved it. We really are something to see, it's pretty cool :)

Please tell me this restaurant place is air conditioned.

Maybe we can have the party in their walk-in freezer?

:crack:

GA Lineup??

When is everyone lining up for the GA? I know the line officially starts around 6am but is anyone camping? Just curious :wave:

GA line up.....first time!!!!

Can anyone please help??? This is my first U2 show doing the whole GA thing. I usually get the reserved seats for a show but, I am not getting any younger and I feel like this is my last chance to try and see them up close. :hyper: I'll be at the show in Minneapolis this Saturday. I can't get to the GA line until 12-12:30 or so. Does anyone know if I would still be able to get a good spot near the stage?? Or at least near the outer circle walkway?? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. :applaud:

Here's where general show stuff is being discussed:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...2-prairie-homecoming-companion-211091-60.html

No discussion of the line yet. I would assume the line will be started at least the day before, because that's apparently the way the hardcore roll these days. (Meh.)

But yeah, if you roll in Saturday afternoon, I bet you could easily get 2-3 heads back from the front row or the outer rail.

:)

And yeah, Green Bay represent! :rockon:

Nice meeting a bunch of you in MPLS last night. You made us feel very welcome! Hope everyone has a great show tonight and we don't see too much more rain.
-- Kat (K2) & Ben (supportive hubby)

Back
Top Bottom