U2 in 3D at Connecticut Maritime Aquarium IMAX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astralzzzz

Babyface
For those who live close to Southwestern Connecticut..

Anyone interested in getting some people to when it is released? Norwalk is about 35 min away from NYC, 1 hour away from northern Jersey, and within about 2 hours from anywhere in CT.

Maybe we can meet at a bar beforehand.

I just wanted to put this out there so we can start to think about it.

If your interested, just reply. Maybe we can get a group discount : )

Thanks,
Chris
(cschneider101@yahoo.com)

when is it? I can't find when the imax movie is being played. did I miss it? I mean the one at the aquarium in CT

Last edited:
Angel,

According to Wikipedia it will be released in 3rd Quarter of 2007. The article at the end of this message.

Angel, where do you live? I live near New Haven. Shoot me an email sometime and tell me about yourself!! :)

-Christopher from Connecticut

U2 3D is an upcoming 3-D film featuring performances from U2's Vertigo Tour concerts in Latin America. The film will be released in the third quarter of 2007, exclusively to 3D theaters, such as IMAX, and will be the first live-action film to be shot, edited, and shown entirely in 3-D.[1] A 56-minute preview of the film debuted at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival on May 13, 2007, and featured nine of the 15 songs that will be appearing in the final film.[2]

Shot at seven different shows in early 2006 with nine pairs of Sony CineAlta 3-D cameras, the film's production featured the first-ever 3-D multicamera live shoot.[3] Producer 3ality Digital Entertainment claimed that the film's shoot involved the largest number of 3-D cameras ever used for a single project.[3] The final film will run 80 minutes minutes in length, featuring 15 songs taken from over 700 hours of footage.[4]

The songs "Vertigo" and "The Fly" are featured in the film's trailer, which was released alongside Disney's Meet the Robinsons, the only other 3-D film released in theaters this year.[5] Footage of the band's performance of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" from the film has been released to media sources.[1]

The Variety magazine article cited doesn't mention IMAX. The RealD website lists five 3D theaters in CT, but none are the IMAX.

Back
Top Bottom