U2 GTA November 8th Gathering in Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello Mr. BAW,

We of Elevation Canada are in fact discussing what we might do for this very special event at this very moment. We have a few interesting ideas buzzing around our heads to discuss... We should be ready to announce what we're going to do at the start of next week. So stay tuned and we'll be getting right back to you. :)

Regards

Mick

Hi all,

Elevation has covered every major era of U2's 25 year career. We
want a special show for November 8th but ALAS! We are stumped! Please help us decide what to do.

Options:

1. One full length set replicating an authentic concert
and setlist from a U2 tour (War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua
Tree, Lovetown, Zoo Tv, Zooropa, Popmart or Elevation) You
can provide us with a specific show if you wish (i.e.
ELEVATION TOUR, 3rd leg Hamilton, October 13, 2001)

2. Two shorter sets: New songs incorporated into two of
your favourite eras: War, Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum, Zoo
Tv, Popmart or Elevation. Please list the eras and new songs
you would like to hear.

We want to know so email us at: contact@u2tributeband.com with your choices and any other ideas you might have!! And tell us the reason(s) for your choice!

We will take all ideas very seriously. Also, I know the organizing committee is hard at work planning the event, so stay tuned for updates from them - I am sure there are lots of surprises in store!!

Cheers,

Brady
:wave: :wave: :wave:

The planning committee has a meeting this Thursday so we should have some information for everyone in the next week or so.

I am also going to work on a group discount at a hotel which is central to all festivitie's. I will keep everyone posted about that.

Set list for Nov 8th!!

Hey everybody!!

We would like to thank all of the people who flooded our inbox with their
ideas/requests!!!

We have come to a decision - based on your ideas + what we want to do (hey -
we are U2 fans too ya know!!)

On November 8th, 2003 - Elevation will be performing the famous show "The
Last Night of The Joshua Tree", Tempe Arizona - December 20, 1987 (also used
for the colour portion of Rattle and Hum)

Look at the setlist!:
-----------------------
Main Set:

Where the Streets Have No Name, I Will Follow, Trip Through Your Wires, I
Still Haven't Found, MLK, One Tree Hill, Gloria, Exit, In God's Country,
Helter Skelter, Help, Bad, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still,
Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Pride

Encore(s): With or Without You, Mothers of the Disappeared, People Get Ready,
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), 40

Of course it wouldn't be an Elevation show without a surprise so expect
another song thrown in for good measure....

...and also expect some announcements from the organizers later this week
(they are meeting on Thursday night....)

Depending on a few factors, we may be doing a short "teaser" 1990's-2000 set
before the main Joshua Tree set but this will all be confirmed at a later
date...

Thanks again to everyone for their support...

Cheers,

Kevin "Electrical" Strom

%*#(

When my 20th high school reunion committee picked the date, I knew there was somewhere else I should be. But of course that was back in July, and now the invitations have all gone out with my name on the committee page...no backing out now!

At least Elevation did not choose Brady's suggestion of 10/13/01 the emotional show from Hamilton...then I might have to contemplate the unthinkable...well, I'll just miss another fantastic GTA extravaganza...I really do feel like an outsider now.

I'm just really ticked!!!!:mad::angry::banghead::rant:

Mr. BAW said:
Jesse - what's your travel status as of now???

I'm still checking around but everthing seems to get higher week by week. still lookin'.

:)

i'm gonna do my airfare thru hotwire and gonna call the hotels listed on hotels.com in Downtown toronto cuz most likely the hotel will offer better rates than hotels.com cuz it happened in vegas where the site charged $30 more than the hotel.

or is there a way i could bunk with anyone??? if i can help it... i don't want to be on my own in a foreign city i never been to, lol, i don't know what to expect after i heard diamond got in a hockey fan brawl. i wonder if maybe one of you TOer's like mrs/mr edge, guaca, Ali, etc wouldn't mind bein a guide or somethin to get to an from the show on sat an show me around TO if you don't mind :) . i'll only be there fri 7th - sun 9th

Last edited:
Re: Set list for Nov 8th!!

ElvtnEdge said:
Hey everybody!!

"The
Last Night of The Joshua Tree", Tempe Arizona - December 20, 1987 (also used
for the colour portion of Rattle and Hum)

Look at the setlist!:
-----------------------
Main Set:

Where the Streets Have No Name, I Will Follow, Trip Through Your Wires, I
Still Haven't Found, MLK, One Tree Hill, Gloria, Exit, In God's Country,
Helter Skelter, Help, Bad, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still,
Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Pride

Encore(s): With or Without You, Mothers of the Disappeared, People Get Ready,
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), 40

i was just at the venue, Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe ARIZONA!! the other day for ASU College Football :) Makes me think of the guys everytime i go there for a game. i can just imagine the Rattle and hum video shooting taking place 16 yrs ago. i live about 1 mile from thie place.

i know its off topic but just a random thought

jesseu2 said:

i'm gonna do my airfare thru hotwire and gonna call the hotels listed on hotels.com in Downtown toronto cuz most likely the hotel will offer better rates than hotels.com cuz it happened in vegas where the site charged $30 more than the hotel.

or is there a way i could bunk with anyone??? if i can help it... i don't want to be on my own in a foreign city i never been to, lol, i don't know what to expect after i heard diamond got in a hockey fan brawl. i wonder if maybe one of you TOer's like mrs/mr edge, guaca, Ali, etc wouldn't mind bein a guide or somethin to get to an from the show on sat an show me around TO if you don't mind :) . i'll only be there fri 7th - sun 9th

Hi Jesse :wave:
Don't worry about not knowing your way around. We are working on a full weekend of festivities and by the end of the weekend you will be a full fledged Torontonian. The GTA would never leave anyone to wander the streets of Toronto alone.

Also, Diamond got into the 'hockey fan brawl' in the suburbs of Toronto, and that was a very freak event. I have lived here my whole life and have never been part of, and rarely seen a random violent act like that. :huh:

I forgot to mention.

We are looking into getting a discounted rate at a hotel in Toronto. Hopefully we will have that info. for you soon.

If you decide to book your own hotel, then I would suggest something along Bloor, Yonge, or University. That way you will be on the subway line. Anything by the airport is very, very far from downtown Toronto and you will end up needing to rent a car. There are shuttle buses that run from the airport to downtown for only $25 CAD.

Hey Jesse,

don't be put off by the thought of Diamond's unfortunate incident. As I understand it (I think he posted about it either here or on the U2_GTA site at the time) he attempted to interject himself into someone else's fight in an effort to calm things down. Blessed are the peacemakers and all that, and I applaud the sentiment, but unfortunately, as happens all too often in these circumstances, all he succeeded in doing was diverting the wrath of the participants onto himself... hence the Diamond incident. I don't want you to think that this sort of thing happens in Toronto all the time, because it very definitely doesn't, Toronto must be the best-behaved big city I have ever lived in/near, and I have lived in many. Anyway, I and everyone else in the U2_GTA will do our absolute best to make sure that you and anyone else who attends will have a good time, away from mad hockey fans - so pack your bags, buy your air ticket and we'll see you in November!

Regards

Mick

Sounds like it's going to be one HELL of a show! :up:

OK, I was looking at airfares online tonight and I think I found a pretty good deal on Orbitz. It's for Friday to Sunday evening. Is there any word on the hotels yet, spinny? I just wonder who I could room with for the weekend... :hmm:

I NEED a vacation, and this looks like the perfect opportunity for one! :wave:

spinninghead77 said:
I forgot to mention.

We are looking into getting a discounted rate at a hotel in Toronto. Hopefully we will have that info. for you soon.

If you decide to book your own hotel, then I would suggest something along Bloor, Yonge, or University. That way you will be on the subway line. Anything by the airport is very, very far from downtown Toronto and you will end up needing to rent a car. There are shuttle buses that run from the airport to downtown for only $25 CAD.

thank you, spinninghead :)

is this a good address:

Quality Hotel Bloor Street
280 Bloor St. W.
Toronto ON Ca M5S 1V8

Is bloor close to where the action is or where the guys play?

thanks mick, i feel better now.

Jesse, that's perfect! The Elevation show will be only a few subway stops from there, and everything else that we are working on will also be along the subway line!

That's a very central location in Toronto!

jesseu2 said:

thank you, spinninghead :)

is this a good address:

Quality Hotel Bloor Street
280 Bloor St. W.
Toronto ON Ca M5S 1V8

Is bloor close to where the action is or where the guys play?

thanks mick, i feel better now.

Hey Jesse:wave:

that is a great location and super safe....I used to live 2 blocks from there....AND there is a Swiss Chalet Chicken Restaurant only a 2 minute walk away!!! U2 ate there on the Popmart tour...

Looking forward to seeing you again! :)

cheers,

Brady :)

Hey Jesse not to worry, the incident happend with Diamond only because he didn't have a hockey jersey on. You can borrow one of mine if ya want, then nobody will touch ya.

Hmmmm come to think of it the smell would kill'em first, ever seen the Molson Canadian commercial with the guy walking down the street and the hockey bag smell is killing birds?

just kidding its not that bad!!!

You're totally safe here, besides the Swiss Chalet guy would come defend any friend of Brady's, after all he is their best customer!

Kevin

EXIT is opening.....

Found this on U2_GTA Yahoo group..

Date: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:28 am
Subject: Special Announcement - EXIT to Play U2GTA 2nd Anniversary Party NOV 8th !!!!!!!!!!!!!

To All:

Its with great pleasure that I announce this awesome
news!!!

EXIT from Los Angeles, CA has decided to come to the
great white north to spread the gospel that is EXIT.
They have accepted our invitation to be our special
guests for this fun filled weekend. We are more than
delighted and excited to welcome EXIT for the first
time to Toronto.

EXIT will perform as part of our Saturday nite
festivities and will open for ELEVATION (CDA) on
Saturday NOV 8th.

This weekend is truly turning into an international
event. So I hope u all will come and checkout Nikki,
Affa, Captive and Pam these feckin' girls can rock!!

Please Stay Tuned for more fun and exciting
announcements for our 2nd anniversary party
celebrations...

For those that don't know...
EXIT is electrifying, elevating, enrapturing! After
starting their career as an all-female Tribute to U2,
EXIT is now writing bold and blazing original
material. It did not take much time for these girls to
capture an incredible amount of attention around the
world. For more info...
www.exit-band.com or checkout the EXIT yahoo group...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EXIT-US/

For more info on ELEVATION (CDA)..
www.u2tributeband.com

for those coming from out of town...we will have
special hotel rates for beautiful downtown
toronto...more info soon.

THANKS everybody...stay tuned for more special announcements..

=====
Sam B
Founder, U2GTA
www.u2gta.ca
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/U2_GTA/
Please check out...
ELEVATION (Canada) - A Tribute to U2! www.u2tributeband.com
OCTOBER - A Celebration of U2! www.october.ca
EXIT - www.exit-band.com

i have never seen em!! o my god what a kickass night this will be.

LOL Jesse, you guys are too quick ;)

We have a special announcement of the ALL weekend festivities coming up very soon!!

Stay tuned...it will be announced in a new thread...

Soulnation, because most of the events of the weekend are going to be at bars unfortunatly they can't be all ages, however, there will be at lease one event that is...

As well, for any of you American's that aren't 21, but are over 19 then get ready for this.... drinking age in Ontario is only 19.

Back
Top Bottom