U2-3D in Los Angeles fan list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not in Hollywood or Universal :(

Don't know what day we'll make it to the show. Weeknights on the 405. Or a Friday for that matter. :sigh: Maybe Saturday afternoon/evening... :hmm: We'll see :shrug:

Hey :wave: I may just join in here if you guys don't mind. Depends on what the general consensus ends up being (where, when etc) do to a commute from SD.

I also discovered yesterday pre sale tickets ($12 adult) can be purchased and show times are already posted for the following places in San Diego that will be playing U23D:

UltraStar Mission Valley Cinema
7510 Hazard Center Dr. #100

UltraStar Poway Creekside Plaza 10
13475 Poway Rd- Poway

UltraStar La Costa 6 (760-599-8221)
6941 El Camino Real-Carlsbad

The times were pretty much same: 10am, noon, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8:15pm, 10:30pm

Just thought I would jump right in and share that.

RedrocksU2 said:
I can't wait!:wink:

Just because San Diego is way closer to your home doesn't mean you can abandon all your LA-area friends.

:madspit:

J/K I'm lucky The Bridge is like 20 minutes from my work (maybe less). It would have been nice to have it play in Ontario, though, and only have to drive five minutes to see U2.

carek, how were you able to find all that information about those theaters in SD? i was hoping to do the same to find some theaters in OC, but i cannot find ANYTHING on u23d.
that's really cool that those theaters are playing them, because honestly, i freaked out when i went to www.u23dmovie.com and saw that there were only two locations listed for ca: sacramento and LA. the fact that you have found some SD theaters gives me hope that there might be some OC theaters as well.

also, i'm kinda friggin out because The Bridge website for the LA theater has the opening date for U23D to be feb.15.
O.O
http://www.thebridgecinema.com/guide/details_mov.asp?mov=62585&l=7801
i really don't know what's going on with that. i was clicking around all over the website to see if i could buy presale tickets, but this is the only place they even mention u23d throughout the entire site.....sadness.

I just googled U2 3D showing San Diego and it came up with the UltraStar site. :shrug:

Maybe you might have to use individual city names or theatres? Google or a search engine probably won't recognize OC but would a city within Orange Gounty :shrug:

If you want some more help just PM me, I'd be happy to help. I personally would not trust the movie's website because they are just giving info about the movie and it's opening date, they don't really know where the movie will be shown other than big cities. So have faith....there's still time and the info you want will be forthcoming! Trust me!

Last edited:
thanks for the tips, carek! =)
i found a huge list of theaters in ca that have real D technology
(http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cach...html+u23d+california&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us)
but that doesn't ensure that even though the theater has the technology, they will be playing the film. i'm going to either call or google the ones near me to find out more.

i also googled the UltraStar theater that you menioned in SD/Carlsbad, and all the presale tickets are for feb.15 as well, did you catch that? that is so random! why is that date in there when the official 3d website and u2.com say jan.23. confused! =) hahhaha
http://boxoffice.printtixusa.com/ultrastar/advance?i=7229

:shrug: who knows what's going on

I am glad that you did some more googling and found out some more info and that is a good idea :up: to make some calls to a couple of the places close to you. I am sure the show is playing in the larger metro areas like LA, SF, Dallas, DC, Chicago, etc. so those of us in outer-lying areas are going to have to do some digging to find more info . I am sure the bookings are still in negotiation and more theatres are to be announced. I'd like to see that, the more shows, the more popular the film/experience will be and that's good news for U2. That's what it's all about :up: Well, and making us fans happy :wink:

:wave:OK LA FOLKS!! The Bridge is going to post the all the info about U2-3D on their website tonight after 5pm...
**Tickets will go on sale TONIGHT!!!!**
I am waiting to the woman who will tell me about group sale tickets to calll me back.

http://www.thebridgecinema.com/guide/guide.asp?l=7801

P.S.
Lets make arrangments in the Discotheque thread so we can all meet up and plan this movie viewing party out:yippie:

BonoFox1 said:
:wave:OK LA FOLKS!! The Bridge is going to post the all the info about U2-3D on their website tonight after 5pm...
**Tickets will go on sale TONIGHT!!!!**
I am waiting to the woman who will tell me about group sale tickets to calll me back.

http://www.thebridgecinema.com/guide/guide.asp?l=7801

P.S.
Lets make arrangments in the Discotheque thread so we can all meet up and plan this movie viewing party out:yippie:

:drool:

My only caveat: Perhaps we should just all agree on a date and a show time and then purchase our own tickets for the agreed upon date and time.

I'd hate to think of one Interferencer having to pay for a slew of tickets. You know how that always seems to work - the person that buys almost invariably gets short-changed.

:shrug: But I'm very laid-back & easy-going, so . . . whatever the group decides is fine by me. :D

:yippie: Group trip to U2 3D!!!!!!!! :yippie:

It's going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!!

:hyper:

Oops, I started a thread in the other forum...

I want to go on Wed Night...Driving in from OC. who's in....?

Me too! :D I'd just like to suggest a Friday or Saturday gathering so that most of us can make it :uhoh:

Yeah it's gonna be at the bridge, the manager called me back and said that group tickets are not available for concert movies:madspit:
None the less she told me that they were loading the tickets and would finish within an hour and that was a 1/2 hour , she said check the website after 5:30 pm Pacific

Why dont you just join us on Fri Chrisedge? ;)
but then again you can go whenever you want :)
I want to go on WED too but I will hold off and see it with all the fans!! It will be like going to a concert!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom