U2-3D in Los Angeles fan list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FitzChivalry said:
I'm trying to convince a couple of my friends from modefan.com (Depeche Mode Devotees of Southern California, the DMDSC :lol: ) to join us. They want to go to The Bridge but on opening night . . . I'm trying to get them to stave off for a couple nights.

:D

DM Fan club?:hmm:

RedrocksU2 said:

but you could see it in less than 4 if you came down to SD?!?!?

*don't consider this a hijack...I'm going back to my thread now*

I scheduled work in West LA on Weds.; we've got 4:30 p.m. tickets for opening day at the Bridges...

Now, we can also do Irvine when it comes up...:up:

***Cause we're doing the JT show on Sunday night; don't want to spend the entire weekend in LA...

Last edited:
Here's the groovy 3D glasses!

U23Dglasses.jpg

If only they had shown the schedule for Universal a week or two ago when we were all looking for where it might be playing :sigh:
Still going to The Bridge on Friday, health permitting
crossfingers.gif

Rob33 said:
alright so anyone know how the heck IMAX even works...I'm clueless! Are there trailers before hand? Do they last as long as normal movies? Do we wear the 3D glasses when watching anything in the theater or only when the movie comes on? I kind of want to be in the theater while the trailers are going on so the excitement can really build and build haha.. but the site says 9:30, so not sure exactly what that means, trailers at 9:30? or no trailers? :confused:

Everytime I've seen an IMAX film that is an official IMAX presentation (sometimes they show 35mm films in the IMAX theater too) they do not have movie previews or trailers. The IMAX film just starts precisely on the dot.

This was proven again last summer when I saw "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" IMAX, the movie just started right at 9:00 on the dot. No previews.

well, word from a friend who was at the midnight show at SUndance said he wasn't well....he skippped the midnight appearance while the other 3 made it.

FitzChivalry said:

Everytime I've seen an IMAX film that is an official IMAX presentation (sometimes they show 35mm films in the IMAX theater too) they do not have movie previews or trailers. The IMAX film just starts precisely on the dot.

This was proven again last summer when I saw "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" IMAX, the movie just started right at 9:00 on the dot. No previews.

oh that's good to know, thank's for that! :)

it's weird, I read more than one report on how the glasses would be styled after Bono's signature shades...but the one's at Sundance really don't look anything like them...are these the same 3D glasses we can expect to see at the Bridge?

yeah I also saw the AMC at Universal Citywalk is now selling tickets...I called about 2 weeks ago and the guy was clueless, or else I would have gone there...although I just read four people's reviews of the AMC's IMAX film- going experience, and the four I read were very negative...so maybe the Bridge will be better after all...who knows....

RedrocksU2 said:

DM Fan club?:hmm:

wwww.modefan.com

They actually have a LOT of gatherings. About once every other month or so. They usually pick really cool places to go to dinner and then something fun to do afterward.

We're going to Rock 'n Bowl in Pasadena on the Saturday the 26th. You're more than welcome to join us! :D

(P.S. My modefan friends didn't know I was going on Friday, so they already bought their Bridge tickets for Wednesday, opening night. :( )

:wave: Hi guys

Does anybody need a good ticket still? Unfortunately our friend Carek is unable to attend the Friday show, so that ticket is available Row G Seat 10.

If interested please let me know, PM, email, or just let me know here. Thanks :)

FitzChivalry said:

wwww.modefan.com

They actually have a LOT of gatherings. About once every other month or so. They usually pick really cool places to go to dinner and then something fun to do afterward.

We're going to Rock 'n Bowl in Pasadena on the Saturday the 26th. You're more than welcome to join us! :D

(P.S. My modefan friends didn't know I was going on Friday, so they already bought their Bridge tickets for Wednesday, opening night. :( )

We used to do a U2 meet up some years back, U2 fans would m eet up and talk U2 while sipping coffee or having dinner. That is how i met a lot of fans in the Los Angeles area. It was so much fun to share stories. pics. concerts on dvd ect...:)

FitzChivalry said:

wwww.modefan.com

I joined :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom