U2 3D in DC!! Who's going???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Hey I wanted to get a consensus on who lives in the MD/VA/DC area that plans on going to see U2 3D in DC at the IMAX Theater at the Natural History Museum/Smithsonian.

Here's the info as of now:

Samuel C. Johnson IMAX Theater
National Museum of Natural History
10th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20560

U2 3D
Starts 01.23.08!
tickets on sale 01.09.08

I was hoping maybe we could all meet up and go together.. It would be a blast that's for sure! Post here and let me know if you're in or not.. Also PM me.

So far, me, skjuls, my friend liza, my hubby, son, utoo and family.

:wave:

btw, I'd have to do the 7 or 9 show.... would that work?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
yeah... 7:30 is good..

I probably take a partial day at work that day...

so tix are going to be available on the theater's site or fandango?

I don't know..... I was under the impression that it was only going to be the theater's site, but I don't know why fandango would list them if they're not selling them. weird.

i wonder if we are gonna have to line up way ahead of time.. *flashbacks of the GA lines* :yikes:

I was thinking maybe we all could meet for dinner beforehand? What ya think folks?

That would probably work... I'm in clinic that day and usually get out around 5ish. Assuming my mother-in-law can babysit, Monica should be able to pick me up and we can head wherever around that time.....:hmm:

Utoo said:

I don't know..... I was under the impression that it was only going to be the theater's site, but I don't know why fandango would list them if they're not selling them. weird.

No, Fandango lists a lot of theaters that don't have online ticketing so they won't be selling them at Fandango... This one specifically says Online ticketing no available!

You can buy them online at smithsonian's website but i"m just going to buy mine in person....on Jan 9 so I won't get charged any fees....

i don't think we'll have to line up for long either. i mean, since it is 3D, any seat will be an awesome seat.

this whole thing is gonna be weird for me. i never sit down for an entire u2 show, not even when watching at home!

unico said:
i don't think we'll have to line up for long either. i mean, since it is 3D, any seat will be an awesome seat.

this whole thing is gonna be weird for me. i never sit down for an entire u2 show, not even when watching at home!

:lol: I know---I'm expecting it to be like watching Rent on Broadway, with half the crowd singing along. :D

Utoo said:

:lol: I know---I'm expecting it to be like watching Rent on Broadway, with half the crowd singing along. :D

well, I tell you what... I will on my feet singing, pogoing and everything that I do when I am at a show that's for sure!! So just warning you guys... :D

<<< went to the opening nite of Rattle and Hum and it was just like being at a show the whole audience was singing, screaming and all that just like a concert.. What a night it was... I'll never forget...

unico said:

I never thought of that - it'll be so realistic, except for the standing and cheering part. Wonder how the audience will react.

ntalwar said:
I'll try to make this as well.

that's awesome!! Look forward to meeting ya!

Like I mentioned before let's all meet up beforehand either at the theater or somewhere else. If we can't do dinner at least we can meet and introduce ourselves.. And all sit together would be very cool...

If I could get a consensus from everyone whether they want or can do dinner before or just meet up let me know.. And then I can figure out a time and place to meet up.

anyone who can help in figuring this out or has questions please email me: Liams_mom@yahoo.com.

I am so excited!! :hyper:

And I look forward to meeting y'all! :D

Back
Top Bottom