U2 3D in DC!! Who's going???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ntalwar said:
They might be cancelling some shows - see the website.
It gives a tentative schedule for shows, but says below it:
"*Subject to cancellation for museum non-public events. Please call our box office for current information at 202.633.IMAX (4629) or 1.877.WDC.IMAX (1.877.932.4629).
It's said that since the beginning, and I think it's a standard disclaimer in case something comes along that means more cash for the museum.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Why don't we all shoot for friday nite, 2/1 at 9:15, we could meet up before and hang for a bit and go to the show..? Or even 7:30pm again too and hang out after that showing?
That works for us!! :D

cydewaze said:

It's said that since the beginning, and I think it's a standard disclaimer in case something comes along that means more cash for the museum.

That works for us!! :D

:D
ok! Count me in.. So you guys can do either time or would you prefer one over the other?

i can't make it this friday. sorry ya'll. but as utoo said earlier i'm all up for seeing it in the digital theaters. except i can't go on the 15th...free carbon leaf concert at gmu that night ;)

ETA: somebody will be celebrating a birthday that week, ain't that right, pattilicious?

Last edited:
I'll let Jess answer, since my memory is shot (old age). :p

I don't think we have a problem with that though, and dinner always sounds good. :up:

Hmmm, I just tried to buy tickets online and got the following:

The ticketing system currently indicates that no seats are available for this performance. This performance may not yet be onsale, may be sold-out or have other issues. Please try at a later time or contact customer service.

I will of course try again later, but I hope it isn't sold out! :sad:

If we can get tickets, we are definitely on for dinner. :yes:

Mrs. Edge said:
Hmmm, I just tried to buy tickets online and got the following:

The ticketing system currently indicates that no seats are available for this performance. This performance may not yet be onsale, may be sold-out or have other issues. Please try at a later time or contact customer service.

I will of course try again later, but I hope it isn't sold out! :sad:

If we can get tickets, we are definitely on for dinner. :yes:

you know I would call them first cuz it sounds like a software or some kind of error with the site..

I do see that it's playing on the following weekend too 2/7 and 2/8 (at least 3 times on saturday). So maybe this could be our back up plan?

Just called customer service. It is SOLD OUT!!!

:angry:

The problem with Feb 8/9 is that it's Paul's Birthday. We are supposed to have dinner w. his mom on Friday night and we are going out of town on Sat.

I suppose we could either go to the movie after dinner w. his mom, or we could try something for the President's Day weekend??

Please don't base your plans on us...if you want to go next weekend without us, we TOTALLY understand. :)

But we want to goooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

:grumpy:

Mrs. Edge said:
Just called customer service. It is SOLD OUT!!!

:angry:

The problem with Feb 8/9 is that it's Paul's Birthday. We are supposed to have dinner w. his mom on Friday night and we are going out of town on Sat.

I suppose we could either go to the movie after dinner w. his mom, or we could try something for the President's Day weekend??

Please don't base your plans on us...if you want to go next weekend without us, we TOTALLY understand. :)

But we want to goooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

:grumpy:

jess,
I don't mind waiting.. I have seen it twice but have to see it again!:drool: :hyper: I am ok with going to a later show like 9:15pm friday, 2/7 if you want. I just don't want to intrude on possible bday plans for Paul... :D

Are tickets still available President's day weekend at the imax theater in DC?

Actually it's Friday 2/8....right? :scratch:

Anyway, I think there are tickets left on the Presidents' weekend. Is there any time that weekend that works well for you? (and anyone else)?

Mrs. Edge said:
Actually it's Friday 2/8....right? :scratch:

Anyway, I think there are tickets left on the Presidents' weekend. Is there any time that weekend that works well for you? (and anyone else)?

oops! yes 2/8 is friday...

that weekend is open for me as of now. So, just let me know..

skjuls said:
so what's the deal?

It's sold out for this saturday so we can't do it this weekend and jess and paul have plans the weekend of 2/8. We were thinking of going over President's weekend, not sure what day yet.. That's the scoop lady..

OK, let's do President's Weekend. We have time to plan, and hopefully more ppl will be free then with some notice.

We can't do the 15th, but we can definitely do any show on Saturday the 16th. We can organize dinner, etc.

What do you think guys? :hyper:

Mrs. Edge said:
OK, let's do President's Weekend. We have time to plan, and hopefully more ppl will be free then with some notice.

We can't do the 15th, but we can definitely do any show on Saturday the 16th. We can organize dinner, etc.

What do you think guys? :hyper:

Saturday is good for me.. Count me in! :D Not sure if I can drag the hubby on this :giggle: but I will be there!

Back
Top Bottom