U2 3D in DC!! Who's going???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think 7:00 is probably a safer bet. I think Utoo said he was coming at 7, and it might work better for some peoples' work schedules. If we get there earlier, so much the better! :)

For those meeting at Jaleo, how big is it? I'm wondering if we will all get lost in a crowd, or if it will be easy to spot people....

U2Fanatic4ever said:

yeah I was kinda thinking that today. Well, worse case scenario is we all just get in line at 7pm and meet up that way. I am wondering if it would just be best to do that instead... I am totally flexible on this..

Any thoughts on this?

I have never met RademR or Irvine511. I am pretty sure I've met everyone else, although I might get the user names and the real names/faces mixed up! :huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

speaking for myself, I haven't met in person: utoo, RademR, ntalwar or Irvine511. But I have met unico, skjuls and Mrs.Edge.

I think we know each other thru the boards here and meet up on u2 events off and on.. Mainly with the tour there is a lot of getting together etc..

Enjoy it guys!

Mrs. U2@NYC and myself will be having dinner a little later and be there for the 9:15 p.m. showing! I am sure I will be able to hear the excitement. :)

Mrs. Edge said:
I have never met RademR or Irvine511. I am pretty sure I've met everyone else, although I might get the user names and the real names/faces mixed up! :huh:

Please, please don't step on any puddles; it might be Mrs. Edge after she sees the Edge in this flick!!!! hope you had a wonderful time Jessica!!! :)

hey all,
I just wanted to apologize for not organizing this gathering well. I thought that it would work out better but it didn't no thanks to me being late to the theater due to having dinner that ran late. I really wanted to be able to sit together and have time to chat beforehand but I certainly screwed that up. Again, sorry... :sad:

I hope everyone had a good time... I know I plan on seeing this again and again!

Mia didn't even stick around after the show to say hi. :down:

Show was a blast though. We met two people at Jaleo, and Jess and I ate a huge plate of Paella (meant to serve 2-4) in 5 minutes flat. :giggle:

My only problem with the show itself is that IMO, if you have a rock show, and there's a guitar solo happening, show the freaking guitar player, will ya? There were several solos where the Edge was nowhere to be seen, and only thing on the camera was Bono, flapping his arms like a goose.

Other than that, it was really good. :up:

I had a blast. Amy, I think the obstacle was that we're all insane and had to see it on the first night we could----a weeknight, which meant that most of us couldn't get there super-early and none of us could hang out too long afterward. Had it been a Saturday night, dinner probably would've been easier & we all would've gone out after the movie.

Still, I had a great time. It was great to see everyone I already knew but haven't seen in a while, and I loved meeting those of you I hadn't met yet!

I second that - great to see the people I've met before, and to meet new people.

cydewaze said:
Mia didn't even stick around after the show to say hi. :down:

They did stick around for the credits - you just had to know where to look :wink:.
And the credits were worth it - they showed U2 playing Yahweh on and off for a few seconds.

who's up for going to another showing.. on a weekend nite? Maybe we could hang out together afterwards and chat more. I am so wanting to see this again.. :D

I am disappointed that I didn't get to meet RademR and Irvine511... :sad:

HOw was the show guys? I'm going tomorrow and watching it back-to-back. I Can't bloody wait!!!

out of 10, all the bias aside, what would you rate it?

Very good show!

And whomever said that the Argentine crowd was not "too much into it" at the concert needs to look at this film and shut up!

I really liked the different angles and the fact that you can see a lot of the band's perspective of the show. Not the typical plain concert shot from the crowd or stands, but lots of takes from the band towards the crowd, which were :drool:

I really liked it. Sound effects were also very well done.

I am curious of whether this will ever be released to DVD, as you may lose quite a bit (unless you have a 75" plasma).

Great Show.

Highlights: Love and Peace (love the effects, larry/adam walking in slow motion in the beginning too), The Fly was amazing, and Streets was great b/c it felt like you were in the pit rocking out with everyone.

Great Effects.

I am so sorry we missed saying goodbye to everyone...we kind of got swept up in the crowd and then everyone was GONE! :sad:

But I am DEFINITELY up for seeing this again and having another gathering. Utoo makes a great point, it is difficult to coordinate mid-week, so don't worry Amy! :hug:

Also, cydewaze and I plan to host a party at our house to show off some of our U2 collection (ANCIENT U2 footage on video etc), so we can do that in the spring/summer.

Meanwhile though, I definitely need to see this movie again. :yes:

And Mr. BAW, you are sooooooo right!!! :drool:

RademR and ntalwar it was great meeting you both! :)

thanks guys.. was feeling pretty crappy about it. You are right though about the mid week thing. :hug:

and if anyone goes again and needs someone to come along count me in!:D Give me a call.. cuz u gots my cell # now...:wink:

nice! i read in the washington post that he was actually at the pentagon on tuesday. it's okay that he didn't show up last night though. the one we saw was bigger :drool:

i had a great time! it was great seeing ya'll again! that was really well done. so-ooo much better than that stupid dinosaur movie i saw the last time i was at the smithsonian imax! sidenote: they should put more potties on the theater floor.

Last edited:
unico said:

yeah i did! we were talking with the security guard til 10ish. :goodtimes:

:(

We had to leave our seats because we were blocking a bunch of people in. We were hoping to run into people outside of the theatre, but we didn't see anyone.

Then once we got outside, we lost EVERYONE, and it was freezing, so we made a break for the Metro.

We need to take another shot at this and plan to hang out afterwards (or before). I didn't even get to hug you or your cute friend. :p

unico said:
nice! i read in the washington post that he was actually at the pentagon on tuesday. it's okay that he didn't show up last night though. the one we saw was bigger :drool:

i had a great time! it was great seeing ya'll again! that was really well done. so-ooo much better than that stupid dinosaur movie i saw the last time i was at the smithsonian imax! sidenote: they should put more potties on the theater floor.

yeah nothing like seeing a 80ft Bono reaching out and touching you huh? :drool: x infinity!
so glad to hear that! and it was truly great seeing you and patti and Amalthea .. gotta spend more time hanging out next time ok???

amen to that sistah about the potties... grr! having to trek downstairs..:mad:

Last edited:
cydewaze said:

:(

We had to leave our seats because we were blocking a bunch of people in. We were hoping to run into people outside of the theatre, but we didn't see anyone.

Then once we got outside, we lost EVERYONE, and it was freezing, so we made a break for the Metro.

ah! we were in the party row and stayed til the very end...then we got kicked out. then we went to chat in front of the theater entrance and we danced a bit...and were kicked out. so then we went downstairs and chat some more and went potty...and were kicked out. so then we spent who knows how long with the guard.

i didn't know they were gonna check our bags at the entrance! luckily he didn't see my flask. awesome night everyone! thanks for comin out!

unico said:
nice! i read in the washington post that he was actually at the pentagon on tuesday.

And the security guard did tell us he stopped by the museum that day (even though he was probably messing with us ... but you never know...:wink:).

What were you guys talking to the security guard about? and a security guard? really? not someone like a manager or something? :)

Irvine511 said:

i was with Mia the whole time -- so we can blame her.

:grumpy:

were you sitting with her? We were sitting in the same row as her and when it was over I came over to to talk with her and patti..

I was the one that came over and spoke to a few of us as we left the theater.. I was with my hubby terry, son Liam and friend Liza. My hubby took the pic of all us in the lobby afterwards.

Last edited:
ntalwar said:

And the security guard did tell us he stopped by the museum that day (even though he was probably messing with us ... but you never know...:wink:).

he also said that he thinks we should go to a dynastic presidential rule. :|

Irvine511 said:

i was with Mia the whole time -- so we can blame her.

:grumpy:

I admit it, I'm an Irvine511 hog :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom