U2 3D in DC!! Who's going???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many hours? :wink:

On a random note, I was driving home from a late shift at work last night and 94.7 The Arrow was playing Trip Through Your Wires. Kind of an odd choice to hear on the radio, though I was glad to hear it. Anyway, I called the station & asked if they were doing anything big for the movie coming out on Wednesday. The guy said that there was actually a premiere last night (Monday night), and that they had given tickets away last week! :grumpy: I asked if he'd heard people's thoughts, and he said that everyone who saw it last night thought it was incredible.

:hyper:

Utoo said:
How many hours? :wink:

On a random note, I was driving home from a late shift at work last night and 94.7 The Arrow was playing Trip Through Your Wires. Kind of an odd choice to hear on the radio, though I was glad to hear it. Anyway, I called the station & asked if they were doing anything big for the movie coming out on Wednesday. The guy said that there was actually a premiere last night (Monday night), and that they had given tickets away last week! :grumpy: I asked if he'd heard people's thoughts, and he said that everyone who saw it last night thought it was incredible.

:hyper:

so so cool.... love that song.. and yeah unusual for a radio station that isn't satellite radio to play that.

I am so :hyper: about this movie.. tomorrow nite folks!

I just had a thought/dream what if Bono showed up tomorrow nite at the IMAX theater in DC? I mean he hasn't seen it yet in IMAX and he is always in DC working/chatting with various Politicians. :hmm:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

what time do you have tix for? Please join all of us if you have tix for the 7:30pm showing tomorrow nite. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or email me at Liams_mom@yahoo.com

Love to have more people join us. The more the merrier!:D

He totally missed that I posted on our behalf a few posts ago! :lol: He's the Paul I was referring to. :)

just heard BTBS on 94.7 :wink:

how do i look at people's pics? I'm not a premium member so I don't think I can.

There is a pic of me on myspace:
http://profile.my space.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=51499368

It takes me 10+ minutes to load any page from this forum at work, and somtimes it takes more than one try. I looked for a response from Jess, but it took me over 1/2 hour just to check 2 pages. :reject:

hey guys!! haven't been here in a while.

I'll be going to the Smithsonian institute IMAX on Friday. I'm going to two back-to-back evening shows.

Anyone else going? I'll be going alone as I don't really know any U2 fans in my area and none of my friends are big enough fans of U2 to really want to go. We could join up perhaps.

Mrs. Edge said:
So tell me about this Jaleo place...where is it located? What is the food like? Do we need a reservation?

Jaleo
480 7th St NW, Washington, DC
(202) 628-7949

5 blocks from the place maybe?

It's a Spanish Tapas restaurant with really good food, haven't found a better tapas place in the D.C. area. Great sangria as well :drool:

bonoz said:
hey guys!! haven't been here in a while.

I'll be going to the Smithsonian institute IMAX on Friday. I'm going to two back-to-back evening shows.

Anyone else going? I'll be going alone as I don't really know any U2 fans in my area and none of my friends are big enough fans of U2 to really want to go. We could join up perhaps.

none of our group from this thread are going on friday that I know of (however, after tonite some of us may make a second visit to see it again).

I wish you had seen this thread earlier then you could of made plans to go to tonite's show at 7:30pm with the rest of us. There is probably about 16 of us going.

Do you think I could change the ticket I already have bought for Friday? on their website they said to "call" for tonight's shows and I just didn't want to wait and have them all be sold out so I just bought the ones that were available.

RademR said:

Jaleo
480 7th St NW, Washington, DC
(202) 628-7949

5 blocks from the place maybe?

It's a Spanish Tapas restaurant with really good food, haven't found a better tapas place in the D.C. area. Great sangria as well :drool:

OK, so I gather that's near the Gallery Place Metro? I think we might be able to make it there between 5:30 and 6....

I would love to meet you guys at Jaleo but, my son isn't gonna go for spanish tapas (he doesn't even like mexican..grr).

JUST A REMINDER... LET'S ALL MEET UP IN THE MUSEUM LOBBY AT 6:30.. OK?

I am gonna PM all here that I can with my cell number...so we can all find each other...:D

Mrs. Edge said:

OK, so I gather that's near the Gallery Place Metro? I think we might be able to make it there between 5:30 and 6....

Yup. I think Jaleo is half-way between that and Archives-Navy Memorial.

I'm coming from Clarendon (Arlington) so I'm going to get off on Archives I think.

THIS IS SO DAMN EXCITING! I CAN'T CONCENTRATE AT WORK! LOL....:yippie: x infinity!!!

I pm'd all that are premium in here so the folks that aren't (RademR, I have your cell number) if you want to exchange cell numbers can email me: Liams_mom@yahoo.com and we can do it that way!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
THIS IS SO DAMN EXCITING! I CAN'T CONCENTRATE AT WORK! LOL....:yippie: x infinity!!!

Yup can't wait to check it out.

I work for an I/T company and got called in for an emergency t 2AM this morning, so I'm going to sneak out early and hopefully catch a quick nap before leaving to DC :wink:

RademR said:

Yup can't wait to check it out.

I work for an I/T company and got called in for an emergency t 2AM this morning, so I'm going to sneak out early and hopefully catch a quick nap before leaving to DC :wink:

ugh... but that's the job eh? Good luck on the nap.. I wouldn't be able to I think cuz I would be too damn excited and anxious...

:D

U2Fanatic4ever! can you tell me what the 'group' is and what are your plans and everything? They have lots of tickets available.

And because it's general admission, do you think we'll have to get in long queues like we had to for the concerts?

bonoz said:
U2Fanatic4ever! can you tell me what the 'group' is and what are your plans and everything? They have lots of tickets available.

And because it's general admission, do you think we'll have to get in long queues like we had to for the concerts?

well most of us are coming in at different times due to our schedules. Some people are meeting up for dinner at Jaleo Restaurant. Most of us are going to probably meet up at the museum lobby at 6:30pmish.. Just so we can all meet each other. I think our plans are to line up together for the most part so that we can sit together in theater.

Line up is not like concerts.. In fact, you want middle to back rows as first choice for seats because of the HUGE screen, this is what we all are shooting for tonite. So, I highly doubt that we need to line up early at all. I am guessing we'll start waiting in line at say 7ish..

I'm a little worried that if some of us are meeting at the restaurant we won't be done in time to meet everyone at 6:30. Hopefully by 7 though!

Is everyone who will meet everyone today know each other? do you guys know each other or is it strangers in a strange land?

I guess the only thing sucks about U23D is that you can't watch it whenever you want. Only now. I'm sure they might release a 2d DVD but I would love one day to be able to watch in my living room.

Mrs. Edge said:
I'm a little worried that if some of us are meeting at the restaurant we won't be done in time to meet everyone at 6:30. Hopefully by 7 though!

yeah I was kinda thinking that today. Well, worse case scenario is we all just get in line at 7pm and meet up that way. I am wondering if it would just be best to do that instead... I am totally flexible on this..

Any thoughts on this?

bonoz said:
Is everyone who will meet everyone today know each other? do you guys know each other or is it strangers in a strange land?

speaking for myself, I haven't met in person: utoo, RademR, ntalwar or Irvine511. But I have met unico, skjuls and Mrs.Edge.

I think we know each other thru the boards here and meet up on u2 events off and on.. Mainly with the tour there is a lot of getting together etc..

bonoz said:
I guess the only thing sucks about U23D is that you can't watch it whenever you want. Only now. I'm sure they might release a 2d DVD but I would love one day to be able to watch in my living room.

no, it's not going to be formatted to 2D for dvd purposes.. I think down the line (meaning a couple or more years from now we could see it at home because they are just now coming out with tvs that are HD 3D capable, one is already in the stores from what I understand), it's gonna be a few years before 3D tvs are gonna be semi common place if at all. I saw a interview somewhere with Catherine Owens who produced this and she said that down the road it will end up as a dvd but not until the technology at home is there to view it.

Back
Top Bottom