U2 3D in DC!! Who's going???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

We all are going to the 7:30pm show.. just to let you know. Look forward to meeting ya!

REMINDER: TIX GO ON SALE THIS WEDNESDAY, 1/9! :D

thanks, didn't know that. i'll buy em wednesday!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:yippie:

Hope I am successful in getting tix online if not I will be calling you julie!! :D

I can get your tickets....

I will be going over around 10 am since I have an event that starts at 11:30 am...

I will also head over to the HRC for a shirt which is sweet since I have credit on my HRC card...

:mad:
possible problem folks that I am trying to get cleared up by management at the box office right now. I am waiting for a call back..

I called the reservation center to verify that tix were going on sale tomorrow. And after putting me on hold for a minute or so she said that tix are going on sale 1/11, this friday. I informed her the website says 1/9 and that they better fix that before tomorrow. I also emailed the webmaster about it..

I am not so sure that she is correct and I when I get a call back from the manager I will let you all know..

Someone might want to call there and see if they get the same story as I did.. The number is: 202.633.4629 or toll free: 877.932.4629.

Ok... everything is cool... phew! I had a strong feeling/impression from the girl on the phone that she didn't have the right info glad I double checked. I got a phone call back from the manager at the box office and she informed me that they had some confused people at the reservation center. But she confirmed that tickets do go sale 1/9 for the first date of 1/23. Tix go sale at 10am via the box office, over the phone or online. She told me that they put tix on sale two weeks from the date of the show so any other night will vary depending on the date.

I can relax now.. had a minor moment there...:D

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Ok... everything is cool... phew! I had a strong feeling/impression from the girl on the phone that she didn't have the right info glad I double checked. I got a phone call back from the manager at the box office and she informed me that they had some confused people at the reservation center. But she confirmed that tickets do go sale 1/9 for the first date of 1/23. Tix go sale at 10am via the box office, over the phone or online. She told me that they put tix on sale two weeks from the date of the show so any other night will vary depending on the date.

I can relax now.. had a minor moment there...:D

Thanks for the info - if purchasing online you might want to check tonight or first thing in the morning though. When you click the Buy Now button it lists the other shows for that date (sea monsters and Lions 3D) as going on sale at Midnight. It might just be established shows that have been there awhile that show up at midnight auto-magically, but new shows (U2:3D) require someone at 10am to flip a switch, which is why the manager told you 10am. However, it might be some automated bot that just puts ALL 1/23/08 shows online at midnight?

May be worth a quick check at midnight or first thing AM. Although, aside from the folks on this forum, how many people are going to buy tickets to this movie weeks in advance? The poor promotion job they've done for this may pay off.

kkaider said:

Thanks for the info - if purchasing online you might want to check tonight or first thing in the morning though. When you click the Buy Now button it lists the other shows for that date (sea monsters and Lions 3D) as going on sale at Midnight. It might just be established shows that have been there awhile that show up at midnight auto-magically, but new shows (U2:3D) require someone at 10am to flip a switch, which is why the manager told you 10am. However, it might be some automated bot that just puts ALL 1/23/08 shows online at midnight?

May be worth a quick check at midnight or first thing AM. Although, aside from the folks on this forum, how many people are going to buy tickets to this movie weeks in advance? The poor promotion job they've done for this may pay off.

yeah, you are right..it might be worth a try doing that. And yeah, I agree the poor promotion on this is terrible but good for us fans. :D

thanks for the heads up on that...:wink:

ok... here's who's going so far..

Me, hubby and son
Utoo and Mrs Utoo +
Skjuls
Liza W. (a friend of mine not a interferencer)
Unico
PattiP2000
RademR
ntalwar
Amalthea

Last edited:
unico said:
PattiP2000 and Amalthea are in :up: We're just not certain about the dinner thang.
Both should be scolded by each and every one of you for not posting :wink:

Thanks for checking on the ticket info!

that's cool.. Glad y'all are coming.. and shame on them for not posting. :tsk: :D

I am ok with all us not doing dinner.. But I would like all of us to meet up before line up or whatever so we can all meet each other. The some of us that haven't met yet. We need a code word or hand sign so that can know to recognize each other.. :giggle:

I'll be there with my girlfriend, don't know about the dinner thing, but I'll be at IMAX. might be at a bar before the show :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

yeah, you are right..it might be worth a try doing that. And yeah, I agree the poor promotion on this is terrible but good for us fans. :D

thanks for the heads up on that...:wink:

FYI - tickets are in fact up. Not sure if they went up at midnight, but they were up when I got to work this morning at 7am.

I'm going to the 7:30 show with my wife and 7 friends/co-workers. I might stop by the elephant to say hello/introduce myself, but not sure what my group's plans are after that (I could barely get some of them to commit two weeks in advance).

kkaider said:

FYI - tickets are in fact up. Not sure if they went up at midnight, but they were up when I got to work this morning at 7am.

I'm going to the 7:30 show with my wife and 7 friends/co-workers. I might stop by the elephant to say hello/introduce myself, but not sure what my group's plans are after that (I could barely get some of them to commit two weeks in advance).

coolio! Would like to meet ya! Along with everyone else.

I'd say that we all meet up at the Elephant at say 6pm if possible, maybe 6:30pm...

Everyone just let me know! You can email me at: Liams_mom@yahoo.com

btw.. thanks to u I just bought my tickets this morning woohoo! :yippie:

ALSO: folks these tix are general admission so there is a standard line up I guess.

I just bought tickets too! To be honest though, we're probably not gonna arrive til about quarter til 7. You all don't have to wait for us. One person is coming from way south. We're not too worried though. Any seat is gonna be an awesome seat. Plus I don't expect this place to be packed.

unico said:
I just bought tickets too! To be honest though, we're probably not gonna arrive til about quarter til 7. You all don't have to wait for us. One person is coming from way south. We're not too worried though. Any seat is gonna be an awesome seat. Plus I don't expect this place to be packed.

Cool!

And it's ok if you can't make the meet up..I will look for you in line and say hi!

I think that they will sell out with this.. there are one 2 showings that day. The capacity for the theater is around 427 people... I mean this in the only imax theater in the dc/va area for those people to see this at. And I think that the promoting of the film is going to increase here in the next week so then being showings selling out.

I got my ticket at the box office - I work a few blocks away.

btw - the Rotunda (with the elephant) closes at 5:30.
The Constitution Ave. entrance is the only one open in the evening, so the only place to meet is probably the museum lobby (Const Ave side) or theater lobby.

RademR said:
anyone know any good bars/restaurants in the area?

The closest are north of Pennsylvania Ave. (7th - 9th) and the 7th street corridor - a large cluster around the Verizon Center.

ok, since the rotunda aka the elephant closes at 5:30pm lets pick another location to meet up.. I guess the museum lobby according to what ntalwar is saying..

Back
Top Bottom