Twin Citian Interferencers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
--I don't really "hang" out in public places.

--I don't drink too often so I don't have a favorite bar although my friends and I have been known to go to Jaros' and Gabby's in Northeast but we haven't been there in ages. We also used to hang out on 7 corners a lot but since no one goes to the U for school anymore we haven't gone there in a couple of years.

--I love Sherlock's Home in Eden Prairie, I think that's where it is. But I only go once or twice a year. Otherwise I usually just go to Chili's, Champps, or Fridays. No particular ones tho. Depends on who I'm with. I also go to Chevy's and Don P's a lot too.

--I've never been to First Ave or any of those places. Just Target Center and Xcel for concerts.

--I hide in my basement with my computer! and at Half Price Books, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Mall of America---yes you can hide there. Trust me.

--I go to Best Buy for everything music but I occasionally will go to Cheapo or Half Price Books. I used to go to Down in the Valley a lot but they are such a rip off!

--My favorite movie places are the Lagoon and Oak Park (that's the name right? It's a the U) but they only show odd balls, so just an in general movie theater? I go anywhere. Again it depends on who I'm with.

I am theatre buff. The Guthrie is my first love. Due to my recent unemployment I will not be attending any plays any time soon but I love the theatre life that Mpls has to offer. St Paul has a few theatres but I really love the Mpls ones. I'm not picky tho. If there's a play I want to go to I will go anywhere. I worked and went to school downtown Mpls of and on so I absolutely love being downtown. I haven't spent too much time in st paul's downtown but I love it there too. It's a much different feeling there. It feels cleaner and safer to me.

I could live in Uptown in the summer or spend all day at the Art institute, but I wish it was bigger!

I don't really see a Mpls/St Paul division. Have car-will travel. Let's face it the Twin Cities isn't all that big compared to other big citites so I don't see being in Mpls or St Paul. I just look at it as the Twin Cities, which is why I love it here. I just love that the Twin Cities has everything imaginable under the sun and then you can drive somewhere in the heart of it all and you feel like you are up North in the wilderness. My backyard is all forest and I live 5 minutes away from 2 major highways.

Why didn't you list yours Zoney???????????

Last edited:
yarr

Place to hang out?
places that are free. example: my friends' houses. but usually we chill outside, either at a lake (imagine that) or at the river.

Bar? :mad:

Place to dine? free places. so that means...home. but i :heart: boca chica taco house.

Place to see a band? :mad: uh...places that let me in.

Place to hide? the big green chair. i find it to be inconspicuous.

Place to buy music? if i get overzealous i go to let it be on nicollet mall, otherwise i'm chill with best buy.

See a movie? the movie theater. :| usually the lagoon, since they have quality movies.

zonelistener said:
What is your favorite:

Place to hang out?
Bar?
Place to dine?
Place to see a band?
Place to hide?
Place to buy music?
See a movie?

Couch
Couch
Couch
Couch
Couch
Couch
Couch

Other than that, Couch.

I didn't have time to answer yesterday - and don't really now - but will anyway......

Place to hang out.....hmmmm. anywhere with friends. I like people observing - so a place with interesting people.

Bar: so many. Sometimes I like trendy, sometimes I like dive, sometimes I like in-between. I guess it depends on the day, but current top-of-mind: Chang O'Haras, The Local, Chatterbox.

Dine: BUCA - I worked there for three years. I also like Manny's, Figlio's, Highland Grill I think that's what it is called - on Cleveland and my super fav - Punch.

See a band: Turf Club is fun. I really dislike the Quest.

Hide: in my jeep - cruising around - or in a Dunn Bros. prolly on a computer in Interference

Buy music - Let it Be on Nicollet in downtown - MY FAVORITE

Movie - that new theater in Edina plays Indie movie in a stdium seating setting. Otherwise, Highland, Lagood, Uptown, Edina 4, Grnadview. I like the old classic theaters- Oak Street is up there.

I also cherish my membership to the Walker Art Museum if anyone ever wants to go sometime, I am aways willing and looking. We have such as GREAT arts community here. I truly love that about MSP

What is your favorite:

Place to hang out? Like Zoney, I guess it can be anywhere my friends are. But sitting on our deck or at the cabin in the summer are my favorites.
Bar? I guess I'm not really into the club scene so I like cozy places or dives the best. Hard Rock is fun with a group.
Place to dine? I love Black Forest and Sakura. Also TGIF for a good burger. But really I like anyplace with good food cuz I like almost any kind of food and love trying new places
Place to see a band? State Theater or First Ave. I prefer Xcel over Target Center or Humperdome
Place to hide? Downstairs on the couch
Place to buy music? Best Buy or Barnes & Nobel
See a movie?I like cozy old theaters, but usually go to places with stadium seating cuz I'm short and tall people always sit right in front of me. :mad:

Last edited:
Albeit late, I figured I'd respond and it'd give this thread a bump too.

What is your favorite:

Place to hang out? There's just too many places to list, we go to Perkin's a lot.
Bar? To just hang out and have a couple drinks we usually just stop off somewhere in Roseville. We tend to not go to bars in NE mpls, I'm really not sure why...
Place to dine? It was Nan's in NE, but that was closed down, Old Chicago is good.
Place to see a band? The Quest is fine if it's not really packed, or Roy Wilkins can be decent sometimes too.
Place to hide? My college works out nicely.. Or just my home.
Place to buy music? Cheapo or Best Buy
See a movie? Showplace 16 in Coon Rapids, or Block E downtown.

Etc. about the Twin Cities... Something I particularly love about my neighborhood (NE Mpls), is that it's like a small town within a large town, if that makes sense.

from Monticello NW of the Twin cities by like forty some miles, but some of my family lives in NE Minneapolis... i LOVE NE
Place to hang out? anywhere really... LOVE THE TWINS!
Bar? Mayslacks or the Knight's Cap
Place to dine? The Modern Cafe or Chiapa's
Place to see a band? The State and the Northrop
Place to hide? At my sister's
Place to buy music? Cheapo :shrug: because i'm cheap like the budgie!
See a movie? Uptown or the Lagoon

Back
Top Bottom