Toronto Meet and Greet part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileymbcastard

War Child
Date: Friday June 12//09
City: Toronto, ON
Venue: The Hideout on Queen Street
Contact Info: 484 Queen Street West (just west of Spadina), (647) 438-7664
Additional Details: Elevation returns to this great downtown venue - don't miss it!

Who's in, and dont be chickens this time a little rain never hurt anyone

Sounds good. I'm pretty sure SUC and I are in. I wonder if they have added any other NLOTH tracks...such as Fez :hmm:. Also looks like that venue would be good for a preshow meal..can anyone with experience confirm if the Hideout has half decent for food?
Cheers,

not sure i'm a fan of the SUC short form..:doh: but what the hell..i am in for the hideout. I think this venue could be better for an interference gathering simply because of its location. Even if their food is standard pub fair i guarantee you its is very short stroll to better food, if thats what you want..this really could be a great interference night and there is a great chance the weather will be perfect that night..lets do it!!! :up:

sorry... it's over an 8hr drive for me, and i am in the midst of transmission issues on my vehicle.... so i'm for surely out this time around! i know you will have a blast though!!!! i'd like to make it up at some point this summer, but just not sure when that can happen.

Hi all

I need a favour. A freind is getting married and he and his wife are u2 fans. So they ask me to gift them u2 GA tickets. :doh: after the sales. So if any one has 2 GAs to spare please please thank you. The husband to be tells me he has never been to a U2 show as they could never get tickets. So please guys.

I'm moving to Kingston on the 29th of this month, so I'm up to meet some Interlanders whenever you guys decide to get together. Just let me know and I'll do my best to make the trip down the 401. :D

For all those using transit, take the Subway up to Osgoode, then street car 501 heading west. The Hideout is between Spadina and bathurst

Can we take the subway form Waterdown Ont? :D Also do you think the boys will delay starting till the end of the game :wink: What if the seventh game of the SC Finals goes to overtime? What a dilemma for all of us including the band, because I know they are hockey fans also.
We will see you all tonight, it should be righteous! Stand up and I will be there by 8:00pm to watch the game.

OK my wife is coming so i iwll be there by 9:15 pm. I have no idea bout this palce so tell me do they have tables we can sit at

Check out my new avatar. My 6 year old on "dress like a rockstar day". OK, OK, I helped him with his choice...
smiley, I have no idea about this place other than follwing the link to their website.
See ya tonight.

Hello All,
Well another outstanding performance. Smiley you are a "dancin fool"- very cool:applaud:. I remember thinking the first 4 songs were an awesome opener, namely 1) Zoo Station, 2) NLOTH, 3) XXXXX remind me please!,4) Walk On. I think that is right. Brady's voice was very strong as usual. Loved the unscripted (I think) closer of Wild Horses.
Till next time,
Cheers,

Dave, I would have totally gone out for a drink or something with you but I don't get back to TO until Tuesday afternoon. However, since I'm moving back to the city in 2 days, I'll now be around for the fun timez.

Dave, I would have totally gone out for a drink or something with you but I don't get back to TO until Tuesday afternoon. However, since I'm moving back to the city in 2 days, I'll now be around for the fun timez.

Aw, we just missed each other. Welcome back to TO, anyways! I'm home in Halifax now but moving to Kingston on the 30th, so I'll be in the city a lot for concerts and Jays games and whatnot, so I will definitely take a rain cheque on that drink. :)

Thanks for coming guys - it was a lot of fun for us after a 2 month break...

Here is the setlist:

#1: (11:-12:10)

Zoo Station-->
No Line-->
Walk On-->
Desire
God's Country
----------------------
Stuck
Still Haven't Found
Unforgettable Fire--->
Breathe--->
Crazy Tonight
----------------
Elevation--->
Angel of Harlem
I Will Follow
Bad

#2: (12:45-2:10am)

Magnificent-->
Beautiful Day-->
Boots-->
Electric Co
Even Better-->
The Fly-->
One--->
End of World-->
New Years Day
----talk----
All I Want-->
COBL-->
Vertigo
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet
Streets
Pride--->
WOWY
extra encore: Wild Horses

Thanks Brady for the setlist...nice to get a reminder, even though I was there and should remember :drunk:. Was talkin to Standup and we agree it was one of the finest performances/crowd-going-nuts Elevation event in a (little) while!
Schedule dictates that I won' t be out to any other shows for a while...however, I have Aug 29th in Hamilton penciled in for a refresher...2 weeks before the big shows..perfect timeing!
As that date gets closer, look for a new thread and possible preshow event..details to follow :grouphug:

Back
Top Bottom