Toronto - June 3rd/4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the rockin edge

Blue Crack Addict
since quite a few of you expressed interest in having a gathering, i thought i'd start a thread. :up:

i'll be flying in on the 2nd, leaving on the 5th. so post any ideas you have for places to go, what to do, where to meet etc.

it should be fun! :)

:hmm: Do you like amusement parks at all? Canada's Wonderland rocks - lots of good rides and it's not that expensive :)

There's also the pub crawl that PartyBoy suggested..

The regular touristy places like the CN Tower, etc.

The ACC (where U2 played in Sept) and Skydome will probably be running their daily tours again by then.

That may also be around the time of Canadian Music Week - lots of indie bands playing in various clubs around TO, some more known than others.

*goes off to think some more*

You've got to check the Hockey Hall of Fame; CN Tower, walk Yonge Street to Sam the Record Man and have a soda-pop :lol: at The Hard Rock Cafe.(I think Canada's drinking age is 19...:sorry: ).

For breakfast, don't miss "Egg-spectation" on Yonge Street but the mall....:up: and the eye-candy is soooooo gooood..:wink:

If you have a few hours, there's the trip to Niagra Falls, catch it at several of the larger hotels (We always stay at the Sheraton Centre)... its a small bus ride to Niagra by the Lake, the Falls and it will include a dinner or lunch depending on how long you stay; it was worth the $$).

Whatever, have fun.

Drea said:

That may also be around the time of Canadian Music Week - lots of indie bands playing in various clubs around TO, some more known than others.

*goes off to think some more*

He misses NXNE by a week. :(

the rockin edge said:
since quite a few of you expressed interest in having a gathering, i thought i'd start a thread. :up:

i'll be flying in on the 2nd, leaving on the 5th. so post any ideas you have for places to go, what to do, where to meet etc.

it should be fun! :)

Bah, with your planning. :madwife:

We'll just spend 4 days cavorting, shopping, drinking, and picking up loose boys/girls. :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Toronto - June 3rd/4th

the rockin edge said:

i don't really shop :tongue:

but other than that...:wink:

we should do all that as one big interference group :rockon:

When I say shopping, I mean the fun kind. Indy record stores, stores that specialize in vinyl, stuff like that. :drool:

Yes, an Interference Toronto exercise in complete hedonism! :happy:

:wink:

VintagePunk said:
Apparently our loose girl spot has been filled. :happy: Looking for loose boys now. Any loose boys care to step forward? :drool:

*steps forward* :wink:

ok, so we have established that it'll be a huge party, but where & when should the party be?

so far, i def want to go up the CN tower, and that pub crawl is sounding :drool: PartyBoy:up:

:wink:

the rockin edge said:

which day works better for everyone, 3rd or 4th? it makes no difference to me.

although any pub crawling activities would probably be better Saturday night. :wink:

Saturday works better for me, especially if there's pubbing involved :wink:

I will do my best to be there...I have only met one interferencer so far and I was too stressed to be fun :(

If you're going to do the CN Tower, and you decide to try this, be fast. The security guards have a great sense of humour, but will still throw you out. I heard. ahem.

cntower.jpg

There are five (I keep adding to this number every time I think of that area :lol: ) bars/pubs within staggering distance of the hostel you decided on, the only disadvantage being they're far from a lot of other places :lol: Then there's the Irish Embassy not far away, but from the impression I have from the few times I've passed by there, we'd be likely waiting for hours in line. I can vouch for the food in three of these places, not so much the beer (though C'est What has a few homebrews, and the Bier Markt.. obviously has some choice :wink: )

After that some travel may be involved, but not too bad. Probably someone who's been to more pubs than I have here can bring up some suggestions, as the next ones that come to mind are on King St W and Queen St near the Eatons Centre *g*

snowbunny00774 said:
I will do my best to be there...I have only met one interferencer so far and I was too stressed to be fun :(

If you're going to do the CN Tower, and you decide to try this, be fast. The security guards have a great sense of humour, but will still throw you out. I heard. ahem.

cntower.jpg

:yikes: You are making me nervous!

(Can't be there those two days, no money)

Back
Top Bottom