The Standard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am staying at the Standard for 4 days to work at the Rose Bowl in LA. Has anyone heard of this hotel and it is in an interesting part of town....i've never been in LA.

it is supposed to be the hip super cool young hollywood hot spot have you ever seen sex and the city when they go there?

If your staying at the STANDARD you can't even talk to us....what a place! enjoy yourself! its just like Tiaragurl said, in a super-cool area of Hollywood, West Los Angeles strip....

What are you doing at the Rose Bowl may we ask????

BAW used one word - SWANK!!!! dress nice... :up:

Last edited:
Yep agreed, I had drinks there once and loved it!
The rooms are cool too, I think they have giant bean bags on the balcony overlooking the pool....its funky and cool and Im sure you will love it!

Is this the one with the woman sleeping in the box behind the front desk? :hmm:

If so...VERY NICE...had drinks there. Celebrity central (or so they say).

The standard was an interesting place. I am an editor for ESPN and worked for college GAMEDAY. I spent new years night on the roof. the rooms were interesting and the food was good. the work out room had a huge picture of about 100 women riding bicycles naked.....

ESPN's Chris Mortensen and I went to high school together in Torrance, CA and he was the writer of the sport beat; I was the QB of the football team...he never failed to count how many fumbles, missed blocks, interceptions and so few touchdowns we had...I wrote to him recently on Classmates; I follow him around the tube...glad you had a great time in LA - the best team won - #1

If you ever come across him, just tell him ole' #14 said hello....

I've been to the Standard's diner a couple of times at like 2am ( not recently tho) and it's a neat place. P Diddy was in the next booth from us ( I know, woooo..)

Back
Top Bottom