The ONE Campaign in Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi Everyone,

This is to inform you that The ONE Campaign in Texas will an outreach booth this weekend at Austin's 12th annual AustinMarleyFest! Here is the link:

http://www.austinmarleyfest.com/

We will be at MarleyFest from 12:00pm - 8:00pm both days, so PLEASE stop by and introduce yourselves if you happen to be in the area. We would love to meet you! We will be hosting info about The ONE Campaign (including the all-important ONE petition) with additional info available from DATA and Oxfam regarding the AIDS pandemic in Africa and the MakeTradeFair movement.

Last year, we were VERY successful at MarleyFest mobilizing citizen support for DATA's Agenda for Africa's Future. This year promises to be an even better opportunity to really make an impact with The ONE Campaign's message due to the TREMENDOUS SUCCESS of U2's Vertigo tour.

We all have seen the reports and the pics from the various Vertigo concerts with Bono singing in front of the lighted African flags and have read about his chastisements for all of us to care more and to DO MORE FOR AFRICA, especially this year. Let's take our enthusiasm for U2's glorious music and Bono's inspired activism and GET INVOLVED in the struggle to save Africa's Future.

Come join The ONE Campaign in Texas this weekend down at Auditorium Shores in Austin TX and have an irie time listening to some GREAT reggae music while showing your support for The ONE Campaign. It will be a BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Thanks for all the support for The ONE Campaign so far. Let's continue to BUILD THE MOMENTUM in 2005 and Make Poverty History in our lifetimes.

Take very good care. Jah bless and guide always.

ONE,
debbie

PS

I will have a good supply of ONE whitebands available at MarleyFest.

I NEED SOMETHING OTHER....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Thanks, hotpepper!

Actually, this past week has been a TREMENDOUS week for The ONE Campaign in Texas.

I helped to organize a student organization at one of the biggest college campuses in the U.S. that will be doing outreach on campus for The ONE Campaign and I collected nearly 300 signatures over this past weekend for The ONE Campaign at MarleyFest and got enough interest from people that we are finally going to be able to organize a citizen's support group down here on behalf of The ONE Campaign!

And this is all through sheer determination to help Africa.:yes:

I am just ONE volunteer for The ONE Campaign, but I think my experience shows the TREMENDOUS difference that ONE individual can make in this struggle to save Africa's Future.

IN THE NAME OF LOVE....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom