The ONE Campaign in Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just wanted to bring the U2 community in Texas up to date with the next event that The ONE Campaign will be taking part in and how you can help.

This coming Monday, 17 January 2005, The ONE Campaign will staff a booth at the prestigious 12th annual Austin Community March and Festival to honor the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Here is a link to more info on the event:

http://mlkcelebration.com/marchandrally.php

The ONE Campaign will be staffing an information and sign up booth at the Festival on the grounds of Huston-Tillotson College from 8:00am to 2:00pm that day. We hope not only to sign up several hundred new people to The ONE Campaign but to disseminate info about the AIDS pandemic in Africa to thousands of attendees to the March and Festival!

It is a wonderful opportunity to start the new year off right for The ONE Campaign in Texas and to further establish the links between the struggle for Justice in the USA with the struggle for Justice in Africa. We have high hopes for success, but we can always use your help.

If you are off from work that day and can join us - please do! We will need help in staffing the booth (handing out info) and help in signing people up on the petitions. Anything that you can do to help us will be very much appreciated.

So stop on by anytime on Monday, especially after the March and introduce yourselves. We would be so glad to meet you.

And if any of you would ever like to staff a booth at a church or local community event in your area, please let me know. I have enough ONE Campaign info to share with you to get you started. And if you ever need a speaker for an event or have a booth opportunity that you would want help with, let us know and we would be willing to come and help you if you want.

I hope to hear from some more of my U2 Texas community regarding The ONE Campaign. We all know how important the goals of The ONE Campaign are to Bono and of how much his bandmates have come to support his efforts to bring Justice to Africa's People, so getting involved with The ONE Campaign is something that U2 would be proud that we decided to get involved with.

We all know "Crumbs from Your Table". Let's help Bono (and others) start putting an end to the extreme poverty in the world so that the next U2 album will be ONE full of complete Hope and Joy!

Take very good care of yourselves, my friends. Blessings always.

ONE,
debbie
---------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone here would like some more info about this event, please email me at iris_lotus_blossom@hotmail.com

And please feel free to tell any of your friends in Texas about this event.

The more interested people we can get to come out for this event, the better!

I NEED SOMETHING OTHER....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom