The Ohio Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEVERLY56

Refugee
As previously discussed in PLEBA... this is for Ohio fans to post! There seem to be alot of us, some of us are finding out we're practically neighbors! I'll go first... (And don't let the PLEBA thing scare you away)

I'm Beverly, lived in OH all my life, born/raised in Euclid and now living in Tallmadge (an Akron suburb)...

U2 Concerts: Elevation-Cleveland (3/01)
Vertigo-Chicago (5/7-1st row 2nd level-awesome) )
" " - Pittsburgh (10/22-sigh almost 1 yr ago- against the catwalk outside the ellipse)
" " - Cleveland (right smack in front of Edge,
1st row inside ellipse)

Hi! Great idea Beverly - lot's of Ohioans I think!!

I live in Cleveland (Bay Village), Ohio

recent concerts:
Croke Park June 2005
Cleveland Dec 2005 (ellipse, back on the rail, center by where Larry and Bono drummed)

:wave: :wave:

Cincinnati Ohio here!

ive been a u2 fan since approx. 1988. i am 29 years old. ive seen u2 6 times. my first was popmart in columbus, and then 5 elevation shows, ending at notre dame.

:wave:

Hi Fellow Ohioans!

Jumped over here from PLEBA thread.... I've lived all over northern and central Ohio and am now entrenched in Powell.

I've seen the boys in Columbus (Pop) and Chicago (Elevation and Vertigo). I was at the concert when the Chicago DVD was taped, but in nosebleed seats...:sad:

Had great seats for POP: My poor husband is standing there, we'd been married a year, and Bono comes out during Pop Music, and I grab my hubby and yell, "Oh my God! He is so f&*Ci*g hot!!!!!!!!" Ooops!:whistle:

Great to "meet" all of you!
:wink:

Hi Ohio peeps!:wave: I'm at college in n.e. Ohio right now, but I live in between Cinncinati and Columbus...sort of a crappy/boring location:shrug:. I've never been to any shows (only been a fan since HTDAAB:sad:), but I'm definitely going to catch up next tour.

This probably should be in Discotheque <waits for angry Mod to move it:shifty:>

2orangecats said:
Hi! Great idea Beverly - lot's of Ohioans I think!!

I live in Cleveland (Bay Village), Ohio

recent concerts:
Croke Park June 2005
Cleveland Dec 2005 (ellipse, back on the rail, center by where Larry and Bono drummed)

:wave: :wave:

I wuz with 2orange cats at the Cleveland show.

We also watched Vertigo Air land at Burke Airport in like -15 degree weather.

Good times

Hey all! Cincinnati here, more specifically, West Chester. Bought my first U2 album, Rattle and Hum, at the UC bookstore in 1992. From then, bought Zooropa, Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire, and then I forget the order :)

I've been to PopMart Columbus in '97, and Elevation Lexington in '01. Couldn't swing Vertigo Cleveland because of the pitter patter of two sets of little feet at home, but I'm determined to not be foiled the next time 'round, and hopefully, we'll see something a little closer to home again, like Indy, Lexington, or Columbus!

I just checked at u2tours.com and they did indeed play Elevation in Columbus at Nationwide arena. I wonder what my logic was for shooting for Lexington that year :) Must have been a better day, with May 4th being a Friday. They played Pop Mart at OSU. That's when the guy running the Quickie Mart thought that the picture of Bono with short hair on my t-shirt was me :lol:

I still can't believe how many peeps from Ohio actually post on here...it's crazy how close I am to some of you people. We should have some sort of secret Ohio-Interferers gesture when at concerts.:wink:

When's the last time U2 played at US Bank Arena in Cincy?

Last edited:
The Hole Diggin' Mole said:
I They played Pop Mart at OSU. That's when the guy running the Quickie Mart thought that the picture of Bono with short hair on my t-shirt was me :lol:

Was it the shirt that has a black-and-white hipster looking Bono on the front, and the back has Edge lifting his boot up? If so, that shirt is cool:drool:. I can't seem to find it anywhere, not even on e-bay. :mad:

Sir BonoBjanglz said:

Hi there!

When were you at BG? I attended '87-'92.

I love Ashland! I used to visit friends there many years ago.

I was at BG from 90-94 graduated spring 94, my twin brother was there then too... my major was fashion/art my bro's was computers what about yours?

Me :) From the corner of our lovely state on the beautiful Ohio River where OH & PA & WV all come together.

irshtimbit said:

I was at BG from 90-94 graduated spring 94, my twin brother was there then too... my major was fashion/art my bro's was computers what about yours?

I was there from '87 - '92, Communications Education major. So, we probably saw each other at some point in time! :) Tended to hang out at Uptown/Downtown..... :wink:

Hi Ya'll I'm Theresa Nemeth... If you read the ONE blog I was on there.. Im In Coshocton..Party Boy..Coshocton is right by Zanesville..If I want anything from somewhere besides walmart I have to drive there..Coshocton is also about 60 miles east of Columbus..

I go to Kent State Uni in New Philadelphia..

OMG I am so happy to see so many peeps that went to Vertigo Cleveland!! Can we have a pics sharing session cause I havent hardly seen anything on the net from it.. It was my 1st U2 concert and I got to see Edge and Bono outside the Ritz by pure luck!

Back
Top Bottom