The Ohio Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm currently living in PA, but was born and raised in the Buckeye State! I grew up in Niles (in the northeast, near Youngstown and Warren). I am a proud BGSU alum - but I'm a little older than the others who've posted so far - I graduated in '85. And, for those of you who are Kent State students, I worked there in 1987-88 as a residence hall director on the main campus in Kent.

My U2 concert history:
December 9, 1984 - Cleveland Music Hall
October 6, 1987 - Municipal Stadium, Cleveland
September 2, 1992 - Veteran's Stadium, Philadelphia
Missed both PopMart and Elevation tours (busy having babies!)
October 16, 2005 - Wachovia Center, Philadelphia
October 22, 2005 - Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh
December 9, 2005 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland
And, hopefully, many more in the future!

:wave: 2morrow Don't mind at all I am in a suburb outside of Cleveland, and yourself if it's okay to ask?

^Anyone else getting crazy snow today? I woke up to lots of sun, and there was a blizzard an half hour later...it's been snowing all week. :( :mad:

Gotta love our weather...:huh:

Got snow and crazy cold temperatures the past few days. I think from what the local news said we are colder than Alaska right now. With windchills of -25 f it's freezing . :::shivers:::

Notabene said:
Got snow and crazy cold temperatures the past few days. I think from what the local news said we are colder than Alaska right now. With windchills of -25 f it's freezing . :::shivers:::
I think it was something like -18 for the windchill when I got up this morning.
Now it's snowing like crazy. We must have at least a couple of inches since it started, which was about 2 and a half hours ago.

2morrow said:
It's definitely not fun to walk to class in all that...:sad:
Aww hun, that really sucks. :hug:
I'd try to find a different way if it were at all possible.
Ohio's weather is probably the most whack out of any place I can think of. :huh:

Definaltey agree with you on Ohio's weather being whacked out. It can be crazy at times. I can remember a few years back it was the end of April and we had a snow storm and got a foot of snow.
We are having somewhat of a warm up suppose to get into the teens and possible the 20's maybe by the weekend. time to get out the flip flops and shorts. :giggle:

^ Is it really? It was warm all the way until right after Christmas, well, more like 50's and 60's on a good day, but definitely not frigid. Then boom, it got real cold.
I really hope it warms up, even in the house with the heat on, it's still somewhat chilly indoors.

Oh yeah, the snow sucked. XD At least for me it did. I don't go to school, so I had nothing for it to get me out of going to.
I heard it's supposed to get up to the 40's next week. The snow probably won't be on the ground very long.

I'm hoping so too! Whack just doesn't even begin to describe our weather. I mean, come on, it was in the 40's and 50's until like Christmas and even when it did get cold, it didn't go below anything like 20. Then just boom! It starts hitting negative digits and tons of snow!

...snow needs to get a life and leave us alone.

I have been watching the news pretty much every morning with my dad, he's excited because they are saying by like Wednesday or Thursday it's supposed to get up to 42. Let's hope that they're right!

I was born and raised in Columbus/Canal Winchester, although I live in Virginia right now. All my family is still there and I'm planning on moving back once I finish school.

Just found this thread...
Hi! I'm in Dayton. Sister is in Columbus (used to live here).
History:
First U2 "experience" was "New Years Day" video on MTV when I was 12/13--in '82 or '83.
Concerts:
Zoo in Vegas in '92
Pop in Columbus in '97
Elevation in Columbus in '01
Vertigo in Cleveland Dec '05!! (Whoo! Had a spot on the rail outside the ellipse nearly dead center--was RIGHT in front of Larry on drums. Check out my pics in the back in the day thread...)

enggirl---

I was at the Cleveland show Dec 05--on the inside of the ellipse in front of Larry...I probably have you in some of my pictures!! Were you in line outside?

Partygirl43

Just found the thread. Representing Cincinnati!

Tour history:

Joshua Tree - Indianapolis
ZooTV - Detroit
Pop - Columbus
Elevation - Lexington, Indianapolis
Vertigo - Cleveland

Yay, Ohio!

partygirl43 said:
enggirl---

I was at the Cleveland show Dec 05--on the inside of the ellipse in front of Larry...I probably have you in some of my pictures!! Were you in line outside?

Partygirl43

Hi Party

Sorry, but I totally forgot to revisit thread...
Yeah, we were in line--#s 130 & 131 I think. We were bundled up in sleeping bags sitting on chairs and my sister was the one reading about death in the Grand Canyon--I also passed out chocolate chip cookies (homemade!).

Hmmm...maybe I have YOU in some of MY pics!

enggirl said:

Hi Party

Sorry, but I totally forgot to revisit thread...
Yeah, we were in line--#s 130 & 131 I think. We were bundled up in sleeping bags sitting on chairs and my sister was the one reading about death in the Grand Canyon--I also passed out chocolate chip cookies (homemade!).

Hmmm...maybe I have YOU in some of MY pics!

Ha! Good Times.....

We were 230 and 231 in line. My brother was nice enough to bring down some hot cocco....I remember hearing about the cookies...:LOL:

Well if you look at your pictures and see a chick with a blonde bob...its me!!!!!

I forgot about this thread .. *hides*

anywho..in a few months I'm moving to Cinci to start Mortuary College..so fun:wink: had a Zootopia meet in Cinci a few months ago..that was nice..so maybe we can get together with some interferencers sometime..:wink:

Hi all! I was born in Dayton, moved to California as a kid. I married a man who is a native of Lancaster. I've been a U2 fan since the early '80s. We still have lots of family in Ohio and love to visit! Oh--my name is Diana

Back
Top Bottom