The Joshua Tree in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge U2JT

War Child
In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a l
OK... A lot of you know that we are doing an African Well Fund fundraiser show at The Hard Rock Cafe Sand Diego on March 27... the day before the Vertigo Tour starts! The show has been sold out since the day after it was announced... so thank you to everyone who bought tickets and are supporting this great cause!

IT IS TIME TO LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG!

The Joshua Tree is pleased to announce that we will be working with 91X radio in San Diego for a remote broadcast/ JT shows on Monday March 29th.

We will be outside the San Diego Sports arena from 3PM til around 8PM performing on the back of a flatbed truck with the afternoon crew from 91X . If you are going to opening night, make sure to come early to party with The Joshua Tree and 91X.

Also check out web site for upcoming April shows in San Jose and Santa Monica.

Hope to you see you!

Chedge
The Joshua Tree
www.u2jt.com

awesome...

how is that going to work? are you going to be near the GA lines or on the other side?

i've never been to SD.

icelle said:
awesome...

how is that going to work? are you going to be near the GA lines or on the other side?

i've never been to SD.

Not quite sure yet. We are waiting for Principle Management's blessing to be able to go into the Sports Arena parking lot. If we do not get their blessing or don't hear back from them soon, we will be right across the street from the Sport's Arena at Tower Records.

Either way, the plan is to start at Tower Records. That's where we will be setting up.

Hope to see you!

JT

yeah, like i'm getting out of the GA line for anything.

maybe you'll be close enough that i can hear you...

bonosgirl84 said:
yeah, like i'm getting out of the GA line for anything.

maybe you'll be close enough that i can hear you...

Now thats what i call devotion....Bonosgirl...make some friends in line, make an impression with the people around you,
(like by wearing something that stands out), set up a blanket and lo and behold...your place is saved.
Trust me it works.
Unless you cant make an impression....then your on your own.

agentmissa said:
:bump: <--- me moving people out of my way..

I can't believe this news! You guys rock. People are going to freak when they hear you. Glad you'll be on a truck, high and safe..;)

Yeah let's hope there's no poles or pole dancers this time! :lol:

night_and_day66 said:

Now thats what i call devotion....Bonosgirl...make some friends in line, make an impression with the people around you,
(like by wearing something that stands out), set up a blanket and lo and behold...your place is saved.
Trust me it works.
Unless you cant make an impression....then your on your own.

Ouch! :yikes:

you know, i truly didn't mean anything by that.

i've been waiting seventeen years to see U2 again, and i've never had GA tickets before. the idea is a bit overwhelming, actually, and i think i would be too afraid to venture too far out of line. i don't really know what to expect, but i guess i'll find out when i get there. forgive me for being new at this, and terrified that i might lose my place in line.

i was serious, i hope JT are close enough so that i can hear them.

I knew what you meant Mindy...I feel exactly the same way. I've never had GA either and I have no clue what to expect. If JT is anywhere but the venue parking lot, I probably won't see them because this is my one shot and I'm too scared to lose my place in line.

bonosgirl84 said:
thanks, char. :hug:

are you going to be in SD? :hyper:

If you read Char's post carefully she mentions not wanting to get out of GA line so if she can't hear JT play she won't get out of line for fear of losing her place.....JT is playing in the parking lot of the Sports Arena which means San Diego.

If you don't want to lose your place in line make friends with your neighbors, make it a happy experience where you can hold your neighbor's place and they reciprocate for bathroom or refreshment trips, etc. There's fast food and an AM/PM as well as a Chili's restaurant in the Sports Arena parking lot. There will be so much going on around that area. Check the Arena website also for info-no lines form till 9am.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:

If you read Char's post carefully she mentions not wanting to get out of GA line so if she can't hear JT play she won't get out of line for fear of losing her place.....JT is playing in the parking lot of the Sports Arena which means San Diego.

If you don't want to lose your place in line make friends with your neighbors, make it a happy experience where you can hold your neighbor's place and they reciprocate for bathroom or refreshment trips, etc. There's fast food and an AM/PM as well as a Chili's restaurant in the Sports Arena parking lot. There will be so much going on around that area. Check the Arena website also for info-no lines form till 9am.

Hope that helps.

it was a rhetorical question, but thanks. :)

i said i'd never had GA for a U2 show before, not that i'd never left my house, lol. back in the old days, we used to camp out to get tickets, and i doubt the atmosphere of this will be much different than that. buncha fans, milling around... i've also been to other GA shows. years ago, but hey. plus, i just saw duran duran at the joint last week and that was GA. but this is U2. it's a bit more serious, lol.

i'll be with a few different people, so trips to the bathroom and food won't be a problem. matter of fact, my very favorite interferencer ever is bringing me a sandwich at lunchtime.

so i think i'll be ok. but thanks for the advice. :wink:

icelle said:
was that really necessary?

Are you reffering to me? Did i say something offensive?
I thought i was actually being quite helpful.
My suggestions were intended to ease her mind about 'losing her place' so that she may partake in any JT activities,
but if she felt like she couldnt use it, i didnt have any other suggestions.

Necessary, maybe not... helpful? Hopefully.

So
:madspit:

:wink:

Carek1230 said:

Hope that helps.

DOH'!
Nice tips Kren. See we are just TRYING to be helpful, please believe me, you are going to want to move around..
you are going to want to venture and see whos all there.
Also, when rumors of the guys showing up abound, there is a mad rush to the entrance to get a possible glimpse, photo or even talk with them.
If you have a hope of that you are going to have to leave your place.
But everybody does, you just have your blanket, your drinks, your chairs, games... etc, and people will know your place.
Plus, usually, the first people in line are experts at this, they will have a list of names and your 'number' in line usually up to the first 250.
So you are safe...Have a great time...
you are very lucky!

PS...Do you plan on leaving your bladder and bowels at home?
Cuz, yea, your gonna wanna use the potty.
:yes:

night_and_day66 said:

Are you reffering to me? Did i say something offensive?
I thought i was actually being quite helpful.
My suggestions were intended to ease her mind about 'losing her place' so that she may partake in any JT activities,
but if she felt like she couldnt use it, i didnt have any other suggestions.

Necessary, maybe not... helpful? Hopefully.

So
:madspit:

:wink:

well the last comment in your reply seemed more like a diss to me. maybe i just read it wrong. its the net...hard to read into it at times. you seemed really nice to me when i bought the jt shirt from you at 14 below. bg's never experienced the ga at u2...me, i've done this two times...im no expert, but i know something or two about the ga's...your advice is right on, thanks:)

well, perhaps if i feel brave enough, i'll walk over and say hi to jason.

i haven't seen you guys since november. :crack:

Punkass 71 said:

well the last comment in your reply seemed more like a diss to me. maybe i just read it wrong. its the net...hard to read into it at times. you seemed really nice to me when i bought the jt shirt from you at 14 below. bg's never experienced the ga at u2...me, i've done this two times...im no expert, but i know something or two about the ga's...your advice is right on, thanks:)

crap...i keep forgetting to log in as icelle...

Punkass 71 said:

Naw, im a bono-fide smart ass. You hit it on the head, hehe.
But honestly, theres no need to freak.
Just look to your left......now look to your right.. make friends with those people,
theyll need reciprocation.
Its going to be amazing.

Oh, and you were also right about me being really nice. :rockon: :applaud:

JT b-4 the REALTHING???...that is cool!! I'll definately be there!..and not in the GA line, cause I got seats, none- the less what a treat!.....

JT playing on a flatbed truck???.......What a novel idea!!..Why didn't U2 think of something like that??:hmm:

Last edited:
P.S....Oh, yeah!, Chedge, & BB did I mention that I met THE EDGE last month??..I was one of the lucky few in the small crowd that met him (as he was gracious enough to come over and shake our hands and say HELLO to us) This was before the Grammys...
I had a pic for him to sign and I had a pic of JT to show him but every one wanted his attention so I did not get the autograph and didn't get to show him the pic, cause he was running late, he was sweet though! and GORGEOUS in person....ahhh! those green eyes! :edge: =:love:

line.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom