The Joshua Tree in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
night_and_day66 said:

and a big im not sorry for not being able to remove my hand from my pants...you had to be there.

:lmao:

Ahhh the hand in the pants. Yes, you did have to be there for that one.

PS . I LOVE SLEEP DEPRIVED DIALING!! ITS MY NEW HOBBY....YOU MAY BE NEXT!!!

We should practice first though (damnit there's that word again)...and people you need to call us back to let us know if it was done correctly!!!! Otherwise, we'll stay awake longer wondering what we did wrong.

Grrrr...you IDIOTS! :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who came out to the JT shows in SD and all old and new friends for making this last weekend one of the best ever!!!!!
Big ups and hugs to all of youz in "the inner circle" for the help, hard work, love, support, dances, 4am phone calls and everything!!!!!

thank you U2 for an unforgettable experience!!!!

A giant heartfelt I love you! to my mates in JT and to Steve for surprising the shite outa me!!!!! Chaz.....you the man!!!!

and big hugs and lotsa love goes out to you know who.......
:wink: :drool:

:wave: i'm glad everyone had such a great time!
i'm back from nyc.
on my way to La Guardia airport yesterday, i saw this place:

31.jpg

i didn't take this pic though, i didn't have my camera ready in time :reject:

a u2ey ending to my trip :laugh:

angel_of_L.A. said:

:lmao:

Ahhh the hand in the pants. Yes, you did have to be there for that one.

We should practice first though (damnit there's that word again)...and people you need to call us back to let us know if it was done correctly!!!! Otherwise, we'll stay awake longer wondering what we did wrong.

Grrrr...you IDIOTS! :wink:

Yes,we must practice.. but not at 4 am. Maybe we can practice with each other?
But we do need feedback from our human experiments.
You know who you are...just let us know this way...is the message still on your phones, or not?
A simple y or n will answer sufficiantly as to the quality and usability.

:drool: :censored: :drool:

ps.. you like my new location... that was a real conversation...lmfao!!

Last edited:
night_and_day66 said:

Yes,we must practice.. but not at 4 am. Maybe we can practice with each other?
But we do need feedback from our human experiments.
You know who you are...just let us know this way...is the message still on your phones, or not?
A simple y or n will answer sufficiantly as to the quality and usability.

:drool: :censored: :drool:

ps.. you like my new location... that was a real conversation...lmfao!!

geez....quote it right! s/b "I'm not touching myself......it's not dark yet"

night_and_day66 said:

DOH'!!!

I was trying to keep your identity safe you dork.
But then i guess you gotta let people know your getting it somehow.
:ohmy:

I said tity.

whats the big deal???? not like I'm rapeing goats or anything.......geesh!
and it was funny anyway......you know me....anything for a cheap laugh. (look at the monkey dance lmao)

whats the big deal???? not like I'm rapeing goats or anything.......

That we know of.... there are some rooms of your house that you FORBADE entrance to.

But the more i think about it, the less i want to know.

Baaaaaa

night_and_day66 said:

That we know of.... there are some rooms of your house that you FORBADE entrance to.

Baaaaaa

ok, so my son has hooves, he still should be treated normal!
and no, only YOU were not allowed into all the rooms. :lmao:

night_and_day66 said:

Baaaaaa

He forbade me from entering that room too!

But I went in anyway. :macdevil: :angel:

i guess i'm the only dork who made a U2 JT easter egg when i colored easter eggs with my niece :lmao: :reject:

i'll post pics of it later. i thought i'd have gotten around to posting it already, but i still feel like crap with this cold. ugh i wish i didn't have to go to work tomorrow, but it's only for one day and then the weeeekend :sigh:

here it is, the long awaited pics of my U2 JT easter egg :laugh:

the front with U2 JT on it:

DSC03762.jpg

and the back with u2 on it:

DSC03760.jpg

:reject:

angel_of_L.A. said:

He forbade me from entering that room too!

But I went in anyway. :macdevil: :angel:
But I went in anyway.

And....???

Piles of kleenex and empty gallon jugs of mayo..the last ten issues of 'Farming Today' strewn across the floor?
Details woman, details.

can you say luminol? :ohmy:

Well I finally got to see JT, and I have to say, if I shut my eyes, I'd have thought Bono was in the house. Some good singing there.

I was far, far less impressed with how the Hard Rock Cafe handled things. After dinner, Char, Jess and I migrated to the main area to secure some seats.

After a few moments, one of the staff at the Hard Rock asked us to wait near the door, where some manager looking dude unceremoniously kicked our asses out of the building. Keep in mind that Char is listed on the JT business cards as the CA PR person. Not everyone was kicked out though, and there seemed to be no rhyme nor reason to who stayed and who went. One couple who travelled all the way from Germany also found themselves at the curb.

While we were waiting at the door, the JT manager came out with a "bodyguard" to take pics of the "crowd". That was kinda freaky. In fact that manager lady seriously gave me the creeps anyway. :yikes:

Once we got back in, we stayed for a few songs, but there was a stupid column right in the middle of the stage, and you couldn't really see much of anything from where we were at.

I look forward to seeing JT again at a different venue, maybe one with a better stage and more polite staff. I don't remember anything like this happening at the Toronto Hard Rock. Maybe it's just that one that's weird.

Last edited:
cydewaze said:
Keep in mind that Char is listed on the JT business cards as the CA PR person.

I'll have more of a write up later but I need to clarify that these are ABEL's fan club business cards we're referring to, not official JT business cards. I don't want to give the impression that I have an official position.

Bono's American Wife said:
I'll have more of a write up later but I need to clarify that these are ABEL's fan club business cards we're referring to, not official JT business cards. I don't want to give the impression that I have an official position.
So it was ABEL's fault!! :yell:

:laugh:

cydewaze said:
Well I finally got to see JT, and I have to say, if I shut my eyes, I'd have thought Bono was in the house. Some good singing there.

I was far, far less impressed with how the Hard Rock Cafe handled things. After dinner, Char, Jess and I migrated to the main area to secure some seats.

After a few moments, one of the staff at the Hard Rock asked us to wait near the door, where some manager looking dude unceremoniously kicked our asses out of the building. Keep in mind that Char is listed on the JT business cards as the CA PR person. Not everyone was kicked out though, and there seemed to be no rhyme nor reason to who stayed and who went. One couple who travelled all the way from Germany also found themselves at the curb.

While we were waiting at the door, the JT manager came out with a "bodyguard" to take pics of the "crowd". That was kinda freaky. In fact that manager lady seriously gave me the creeps anyway. :yikes:

Once we got back in, we stayed for a few songs, but there was a stupid column right in the middle of the stage, and you couldn't really see much of anything from where we were at.

I look forward to seeing JT again at a different venue, maybe one with a better stage and more polite staff. I don't remember anything like this happening at the Toronto Hard Rock. Maybe it's just that one that's weird.

To everyone that experienced this situation or something similar, A sincere heartfelt apology on behalf of myself and the band for the confusion Sunday night and way you were treated. There was a complete lack of organization that evening and moments of total and utter chaos. We (the band) didn't even get to enjoy our dinner with you all..and I saw you Cydewayze and didn't even get a chance to shake your hand and say hello. Really, it was very stressful as we were let into the private room later than we were supposed to be and the food took so long to get to there. We wound up running behind in getting our gear set up and soundcheck done in time for the 9PM deadline when the doors were supposed to open. If I would have known about what was going on with you guys, I would have personally done something about it. Char and Rick have been great supporters of the band and I know you and Mrs Edge traveled great distances to be there.

Cydewayze, as far as our manager having a "bodyguard", I think it was just so she could go outside and take some pictures and no one would try and sneak in the door. We (the band and crew) had nothing to do with security there, or anything beyond our performance for that matter. Our manager Bonnie doesn't need a bodyguard, she's taken down guys bigger than me...she is in the security business herself. As far as her giving you the creeps, I can't say what that's all about. All I can tell you is that she's a good person with a big heart and has been a huge blessing to us. I can't expect everyone she comes in contact with to like or feel comfortable with her, she's there with a purpose and is running around taking care of things that need to be done for the band, so she may rub people the wrong way occasionally.

All in all, we were not happy after all was said and done and the evening was over of how things were handled in general. We are not going to point fingers because it is unecessary and not our style. I'm sure everyone involved with putting that evening together (ourselves included) could have done a little better job in organizing and having control over the situation. Unfortunately, we did not hear of things like this until after the fact, otherwise we would have done something about it.

$3,500.00 was raised for the AWF that night and that is what is most important to the band.

I hope that if you do come see us again, it will be a better experience. We will do our best to be more on top of things we can have control of to ensure this won't happen again.

God bless,

Jason.

Last edited:
OK PEOPLE! I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! Whew What a busy couple of days I must say! Did you miss me? :sexywink:

OK Missa! First thing is I wanna say I am DYING to hear all your news so give it up, girl!

ABEL, the new fan club cards are real nice, good job! And I also love the U2 egg! If we'd had a contest you would have won the prize!

I wanna thank my sister for visiting and for meeting all my wonderful U2 friends and JT family. She had a great time and is a HUGE U2 fan AND a JT fan now!

Thanks JT, you guys are true brothers and you ROCK! It was sooo much fun sharing the Easter holiday with you and your successes, the highlight being sharing the memories of the U2 opening show Monday night as a group! It was my favoritest weekend EVER!

Thanks to my Easter houseguests, you know who you are and I hope you enjoyed my crackerbox/gingerbread home. Party soon....thanks for the wonderful gifts you brought, I have so much yummy coffee and goodies!

I never did find the Dune, J....did u? Might have to get some more! :drool:

Thanks to the Chedge Girls for yet another awesome good fun event, I love chedge-olizing with you all!

Jase....what can I say? I love ya! Mommy too!

Angel--yes you are! You owe me a dinner this summer!

:p :p

that is all i have to say now.....i am soooooooooo tired, me need sleep!

cydewaze said:

Wow, heavy stuff. While i am all about saying what you feel and freedom of expression, i have learned lessons from taking things out in this kind of format. Without denying you your right to feel dissapointed, (trust me the guys were too, for various reasons) , the discription you gave of Bonnie was way off. That may be the picture you got of her, but id like to counteract it with the fact that she has done one hell of a job with JT and was trying to deal the best way she knew how with decisions and situations that were arising due to all the concerns you stated. Bonnie is dedicated and intelligent and did the best she could. Creepy would not be a word i would use to describe her. I am sorry you had a negetive experience, believe me it was an extreme rareity when dealing with JT. I hope you will give JT and Bonnie, esp. another chance. I believe you will see what we see, and why JT have put their trust in her. Peace.

PS. we are all human

Hey, no need to apologize to me. It's obvious to me that it was a Hard Rock thing and not the band's fault at all. Hopefully things will go smoother next time. :up:

You've got the voice though man. I was pretty impressed. I would have tried to introduce myself, but I didn't think anyone knew who I was. :reject:

Next time I visit the Baws, I'll try my best to catch a show. :yes:

night_and_day66 said:

Wow, heavy stuff. While i am all about saying what you feel and freedom of expression, i have learned lessons from taking things out in this kind of format. Without denying you your right to feel dissapointed, (trust me the guys were too, for various reasons) , the discription you gave of Bonnie was way off. That may be the picture you got of her, but id like to counteract it with the fact that she has done one hell of a job with JT and was trying to deal the best way she knew how with decisions and situations that were arising due to all the concerns you stated. Bonnie is dedicated and intelligent and did the best she could. Creepy would not be a word i would use to describe her. I am sorry you had a negetive experience, believe me it was an extreme rareity when dealing with JT. I hope you will give JT and Bonnie, esp. another chance. I believe you will see what we see, and why JT have put their trust in her. Peace.

PS. we are all human

Bonnie was nice to me:hug:

db9

Jason, what a kind and heartfelt post, it is very much appreciated. Don't worry, we didn't for a second blame you guys in the band...we were just so disappointed because we had been looking forward for so long to seeing your show and meeting you, etc. Next time. :)

As for Bonnie, I think the main issue is just that she would come out into the crowd and rescue various people connected with the dinner, but when Char asked her to let us in, she declined and said "you have tickets, you'll get in eventually" (I'm sure Char will clarify the exact wording). It came off as major favouritism (expecially since certain people not involved with the pre-dinner got to stay) which really rubbed us the wrong way, that's all.

I'm sure it was a one off, and next time we will have a better chance to enjoy the show and be able to see you. :)

Jess

Last edited:
Mrs. Edge said:
Jason, what a kind and heartfelt post, it is very much appreciated. Don't worry, we didn't for a second blame you guys in the band...we were just so disappointed because we had been looking forward for so long to seeing your show and meeting you, etc. Next time. :)

Exactly...this was not something I blamed on the band. I know how much they care about their fans and outside of this incident Sunday night, they have always made me feel a part of the JT family. This was not something typical to a JT show.

And I was hugely dissapointed because I wanted my guests to experience the same thrill I felt the first time I saw JT play...hopefully there will be another opportunity.

As for Bonnie, I think the main issue is just that she would come out into the crowd and rescue various people connected with the dinner, but when Char asked her to let us in, she declined and said "you have tickets, you'll get in eventually" (I'm sure Char will clarify the exact wording). It came off as major favouritism (expecially since certain people not involved with the pre-dinner got to stay) which really rubbed us the wrong way, that's all.

You are correct with your wording. I wasn't worried about getting in because we did have tickets. I was bothered by the fact that we had just enjoyed a nice dinner with friends and were in essence sent to the back of the line while our dinner companions stayed inside. Even someone who wasn't present at the dinner and who got his ticket from me stayed inside.

I'm sure it was a one off, and next time we will have a better chance to enjoy the show and be able to see you. :)

Jess

This is what I hope too.

And I really, really don't want this to look like a Bonnie-slagging opportunity. There were mistakes made and like Jase said, we're all human. By all accounts, Bonnie has done wonderful things for JT and they obviously have a lot of love for her. I don't know her very well yet but hopefully we can put this behind us.

And Jason, thank you again for the email. This situation has been really difficult for me because I was caught between wanting my guests to be happy and treated fairly and expessing my complaints without damaging the great relationship I have with JT. :hug:

Mrs. Edge said:

Jess

Thanks Jess, again we feel really bad about what happened. Char has been a major supporter of the band and since we visit the GTA board and have a great relationship with Elevation Canada, we knew about you and Cydewayze prior to Sunday night as well. We really wish it could have been a better experience for everyone involved....band and fans alike. Whether we've met the people we talk to through Interference or the Yahoo groups face to face or not, we are still all like a family and we want to make sure that everyone is taken care of and having a good time.

I promise that if you're ever out this way again, it will not be like it was at the HRC.

Oh, and Jess, I was looking for you when we were playing Mysterious Ways:sad: Albeit it was an acoustic version, we threw it in the set because you were there. I'm sad we couldn't have danced....next time.

Cydewayze, thanks for the compliments my man! I cut my vocal teeth 20 years ago listening to the early stuff and have always been compared to Bono....even when singing to music similar to Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Tool. It was inevidable for me to be in a U2 tribute band and I'm having the time of my life.

Sorry about the fiasco that night bro.

We thank everyone who was there on behalf of ourselves and the African Well Fund.

God bless and we hope to see you soon.

Jason.

Jason,
You are a classy guy, man.
I met your manager at the Tower Records Parking Lot show and she was so nice, you guys are lucky to have her.
That performance was awesome by the way, I hope to se you in your next show or at the LA County Fair, where I believe you guys will play....

Back
Top Bottom