oh Missa, I'm SOOOO happy for you!!!

Old 04-01-2005, 08:17 AM   #228
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Missa, The Chosen One !
Old 04-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #229
War Child

Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Local Time: 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono B. Jones

$3,500.00 was raised for the AWF that night and that is what is most important to the band.

I hope that if you do come see us again, it will be a better experience. We will do our best to be more on top of things we can have control of to ensure this won't happen again.

God bless,

Jason.
Well said Jason!

There was, what sounded like, a good plan in place for the dinner and set up. Unfortunately the HRC was very slow in serving dinner which put us way behind schedule. I had the opportunity to ORDER food.... I just never got to see or eat it.... HRC owes me 1 cheesburger! Also HRC said thay would close their doors and clear everything out at 7PM and that did not happen either.

Because of that, I think there was confusion on getting people out. AFW was worrried because the demand for tickets outweighed supply. There were strinct rules for HRC on how many people could be alllowed in. I believe that is why there was a little tension. AWF was aware that there were several people without a ticket trying to get in for dinner and see if they could just stay. Even members of the band had people try to slip us $$ to get them in. ( We did not take it)

Durring the process of kicking out some of our dinner guests (I'm still upset about that) someone had the brillant idea of just taking the tickets of our guests and giving them their wristbands inside the building. We should have taken care of that at our dinner.

As for Bonnie, I hope you can understand the pressure she was under for us that night trying to resolve some situations with AWF. She did and continues to do a great job.

All in all $3500 that will give people in two places in Africa clean water. I'd put up with a lot more of the BS if we could have results like that each time.

Chas
The Joshua Tree
Old 04-01-2005, 08:39 AM   #230
War Child

Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
My my my.... Missa, I'm jealous... not of you... OF EDGE! Is he making moves on MY MISSA! He better watch himself!

I am so happy for you!
---------------------------------------------

Here are some more pics from Sun and Monday

Some of "The Family"

Do I see a belly dancer?

Old 04-01-2005, 09:14 AM   #231
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Poor you, Chas! To not get to eat on top of everything else!

I am so glad you raised all that $$ for a great cause. I am actually a charity fundraiser by trade, so I can totally appreciate that!

You are such great guys, I really hope our paths will cross again very soon!

Old 04-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #232
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono B. Jones

I knew you were going to say that!

I honestly have no idea...the same thing happened to the first picture of me too, so it aint just me tryin to hog all the photo's. I tried several times to make them all the same size and it just wasn't working.

Trust me, I like looking at Mike's drumset just as much as you do.

I can privately e-mail you some great photo's of the drums from the two shows...wink wink.

Jason.
I honestly appreciate the effort and I'm very much looking forward to seeing those other pics of Mike....uh, I mean the drums....Yeah, that's what I meant

Mike's #1 Fan,
Alex
Old 04-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #233
Babyface

Missa...I am so happy for you!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us! It couldn't have happened to a sweeter person!

A huge THANK YOU again for my beautiful JT shirt!!!! I'll wear it with pride!

Love ya,
Alex
Old 04-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #234
Refugee

Thanks guys! I hope Janelle doesn't kill me by the time all of this is over. 2 more shows and I can sleep until September. Kren, I hope I didn't sound drunk... I felt it.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #235
ONE
love, blood, life

SecretAgentMissa!-
I am
VERY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!

db9
Old 04-01-2005, 11:44 AM   #236
Refugee

Quote:
SecretAgentMissa!-
I like the sound of that

Thanks again..
Old 04-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #237
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by agentmissa
Thanks guys! I hope Janelle doesn't kill me by the time all of this is over. 2 more shows and I can sleep until September. Kren, I hope I didn't sound drunk... I felt it.

No you did not sound drunk.....I can only imagine how you felt and all I can say is I am very very very thrilled and happy for ya! I can completely relate to and understand the feelings you experienced! I am looking forward to seeing you again once the shows are but a lovely memory in our hearts and minds, when we've caught up on our sleep and stopped sleeping with the pics and memorabilia under our pillows and can visit again to share it all over and over in our regular lives!

Hey good luck in LA and Anaheim, you U2 freak, you!!

~Kren
Old 04-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #238
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by TheEdge U2JT

Well said Jason!

There was, what sounded like, a good plan in place for the dinner and set up. Unfortunately the HRC was very slow in serving dinner which put us way behind schedule. I had the opportunity to ORDER food.... I just never got to see or eat it.... HRC owes me 1 cheesburger! Also HRC said thay would close their doors and clear everything out at 7PM and that did not happen either.

Because of that, I think there was confusion on getting people out. AFW was worrried because the demand for tickets outweighed supply. There were strinct rules for HRC on how many people could be alllowed in. I believe that is why there was a little tension. AWF was aware that there were several people without a ticket trying to get in for dinner and see if they could just stay. Even members of the band had people try to slip us $$ to get them in. ( We did not take it)

Durring the process of kicking out some of our dinner guests (I'm still upset about that) someone had the brillant idea of just taking the tickets of our guests and giving them their wristbands inside the building. We should have taken care of that at our dinner.

As for Bonnie, I hope you can understand the pressure she was under for us that night trying to resolve some situations with AWF. She did and continues to do a great job.

All in all $3500 that will give people in two places in Africa clean water. I'd put up with a lot more of the BS if we could have results like that each time.

Chas
The Joshua Tree

Thanks, Chas and BBJ. I would like to take a moment to comment that I was disappointed in several things that did occur beyond our control Sunday night. This event included much prior planning & coordination which I am proud to have been involved with. Regardless of what did or did not occur, the event was a huge success in its goal to raise money and awareness of the plight in Africa. In the matter of several hours of great music and frivolity, things we pretty much take for granted, enough money was raised to provide water--a life sustenance-for hundreds or thousands of Africans. That in and of itself far outweighs any complaint, misunderstanding or err that may have occured during Sunday's event.

That said, I'd like to thank the HRC management and AWF volunteers (please be kind enough to remember these people are volunteers--in addition to their regular lives they donate time and energy to charity) for having done their very very best to provide a special evening to all who attended. That was the intent. It is unfortunate in even the best of times or organized fashion that unintentionable disorganization can occur. I managed to enjoy the evening despite pressure of continually re-reminding HRC management we needed more service help for our private party and that our pre-planned timeframe (as well as written agreement) was being challenged. Also, AWF had advised me they would visit our group to check everyone in with their wristbands in our private room who was to be attending the show when they arrived at the venue. This unfortunately did not happen. HRC was to close to the public at 7pm to allow set up for the evening. This did not happen. Additionally Press was allowed in prior to 9pm which delayed set up as they went about taping and interviewing. I have had several local area friends tell me they saw the event on Sunday's evening local news.

At this point, I extend my personal & sincerest apologies to any who feel any disappointment about what may or may not have occurred Sunday evening. Bottom line it was a successful evening charity-wise. I thank the HRC, AWF & their volunteers for their best efforts. I especially thank the Joshua Tree band and family wholeheartedly for their generosity talent & kindness as they IMHO *payed it forward* expending the most unselfish investment in time, financially & personally toward an unforgettable experience and toward a very worthwhile charitable cause. You ask for nothing yet you give...and you give....and you give yourselves away.............You guys are beautiful.

Love to you all.
Karen
Old 04-01-2005, 09:03 PM   #239
Acrobat

More Pictures of the weekend.

Thank You 91X FM San Diego!

Crouching Jason-Hidden Bono?

Chedge and his Explorer...exploring "I Will Follow"

The real U2 in NY or JT in SD?

Chedge and his sunburst Les Paul bringin a little sunshine to a cloudy San Diego

Yes, men do fake it too ladies....
Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #240
Acrobat

Oh, and yes Missa...I do need crop lessons.