Teens on Interference!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
circa1992 said:
I went to three this year.....NJ1-5/17 (with nosebleed seats), MSG-11/22 (GA, first row in between Adam and Bono....the BEST day of my entire life), and Hartford-12/7 (with GA....second row in front of Adam) :)

:ohmy:
that's a lotta shows, with great views!

and I could barely afford my Sept. 21st show where I sat 3rd level seat 5. :|
are your parents fans of U2 too?

(but I bet riding Bono's back was the greatest part of the show :yes: :wink: )

youtooellen said:

:ohmy:
that's a lotta shows, with great views!

and I could barely afford my Sept. 21st show where I sat 3rd level seat 5. :|
are your parents fans of U2 too?

(but I bet riding Bono's back was the greatest part of the show :yes: :wink: )

Yeah, my entire family are U2 fans! My mom has loved them since she was my age....so 18 years! Of course Bono giving me a piggyback ride was the best part :) :) :)

JCOSTER said:
Don't be jealous youngins....I have a feeling the best of u2 is still to come...Hi Sara I was at that show with you on B's back.

Yea! You saw me :applaud: How'd you like the show? :)

I was right behind Larry 1st behind stage, with my hubby. I loved it as always but this was special b/c I had the same seat for the 10/7 show too. It was the closest I have ever been to the boys!!!

You were great!!!!

wow a whole family of U2 fans :shocked:

that's so cool!

in my family, I think I'm the only U2 fan. my mom has a hard time pronouncing U2 and my brother makes fun of Bono and calls him Bow-No when I'm around.. :| :rolleyes:

if you don't mind, is there any chance you could retell your story of how you ended up on Bonos back?? :) :)

wow, great story :applaud:

I got all smiley while reading it. what an amazing experience.

too bad you couldn't say bye to Bono, but nonetheless, too memorable.
:hug: :hug:

oh man, I'm so jealous :wink:
many many many congrats! :applaud: :bow:

youtooellen said:
wow, great story :applaud:

I got all smiley while reading it. what an amazing experience.

too bad you couldn't say bye to Bono, but nonetheless, too memorable.
:hug: :hug:

oh man, I'm so jealous :wink:
many many many congrats! :applaud: :bow:

Circa1992, I thought I was the youngest one here! Macrch 15, 1991......very proud to say that I was born the same year as my favorite album came out......though you were born as ZooTV was coming round.......trying to decide which is better......can't decide........grrrrr........nice story though! I was a whole five feet away from Bono when I saw them in Buffalo! That's way too much for me!:wink:

A new legion of U2 fans.......

make sure you pass on the torch to.... uh........ ..........

those that are also....... younger............ than yourself..............

........................... :yes:

Don't worry, I have an eight year old brother who is currently pogoing around to POP and says that he is "soooo going" to see U2 the next time they come around-he's so cute, he said"I'll probably be driving by then so we can get there extra early!" He also cried last March when my parents told him he was too young to go to a U2 concert.:(

vivalapopedge said:
Circa1992, I thought I was the youngest one here! Macrch 15, 1991......very proud to say that I was born the same year as my favorite album came out......though you were born as ZooTV was coming round.......trying to decide which is better......can't decide........grrrrr........nice story though! I was a whole five feet away from Bono when I saw them in Buffalo! That's way too much for me!:wink:

That's awesome :yes: :happy:

vivalapopedge said:
Don't worry, I have an eight year old brother who is currently pogoing around to POP and says that he is "soooo going" to see U2 the next time they come around-he's so cute, he said"I'll probably be driving by then so we can get there extra early!" He also cried last March when my parents told him he was too young to go to a U2 concert.:(

aww, my younger brother's 10 and we got 4 GA's to Hartford, so my enitre family went :happy: So his first ever U2 concert was in the second row in front of Adam....he's pretty lucky :yes:

Well, my parents are a little overprotective-they wouldn't let me see the Backstreet Boys when they came to my town when I was ten. The sad part is that I still could stand BSB when I was ten.:scream:

^:lol: My parents almost didn't let me go to the 11/22 GA....that would not have been good if they didn't because that was the best experience of my life! When we went to the Hartford 12/7 GA though, it was really pushy :grumpy:

Omg it was pushy in Buffalo too! I am short (hey, I'm a fourteen year old girl-whaddya expect?) and I very stupidly went to the bathroom a few minutes before the start of the show. Now, I was about three rows back from the outside of the ellipse and I couldn't see. I told my dad to hold my spot and when I got back, some lady had taken my spot and my dad almost got in a fight with her husband! So, I did what teenagers do best, and I cried. Haha. So, the very nice other people around me let me so I was only one row away, and THEN, as Bono was walking down during SYCMIOYO, the guy in front of me let me in front!!!! He said it was because I knew the words to "The Ocean"( they played that) and he knew I was a true fan:cool: I stared at Bono for ten whole seconds, and that was the only time the entire night I didn't sing along. Bono's preeeeeeety:p

vivalapopedge said:
Omg it was pushy in Buffalo too! I am short (hey, I'm a fourteen year old girl-whaddya expect?) and I very stupidly went to the bathroom a few minutes before the start of the show. Now, I was about three rows back from the outside of the ellipse and I couldn't see. I told my dad to hold my spot and when I got back, some lady had taken my spot and my dad almost got in a fight with her husband! So, I did what teenagers do best, and I cried. Haha. So, the very nice other people around me let me so I was only one row away, and THEN, as Bono was walking down during SYCMIOYO, the guy in front of me let me in front!!!! He said it was because I knew the words to "The Ocean"( they played that) and he knew I was a true fan:cool: I stared at Bono for ten whole seconds, and that was the only time the entire night I didn't sing along. Bono's preeeeeeety:p

That's so cool :rockon:

I'm short too (I'm a 13 year old girl and about 5 feet). I was really lucky because this tall guy in front of me let my on the front rail inside the ellipse gave me his spot so that I could see and so that Bono and Adam could see me :cute: 11/22 wasn't at all pushy though, everyone around me was extremely nice and all wanted me to get on stage :happy:

(I'm off to school, I'll bbl :wave: )

Last edited:
I'm a bad girl, Circ, I was typing this morning while I was supposed to be doing work in my computer class:angel: All the kids next to me are sick of my blaring of U2 videos while I'm working.

Ummm......might I remind you that we are literally Achtung Babies, and everyone knows that we are just that much cooler? We knew to wait til the realllllllly good stuff came along!:rockon:

vivalapopedge said:
Ummm......might I remind you that we are literally Achtung Babies, and everyone knows that we are just that much cooler? We knew to wait til the realllllllly good stuff came along!:rockon:

without the JT you wouldn't have AB :p

year of the joshua tree rules :rockon:

come on, i know there's plenty of other people born in 87!

the rockin edge said:

without the JT you wouldn't have AB :p

year of the joshua tree rules :rockon:

come on, i know there's plenty of other people born in 87!

Unfortunately, you're right, but I was objecting to the fact that only the "cool" teens are from the JT era.

Back
Top Bottom