Teens on Interference! - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2005, 09:19 AM   #211
Refugee

Local Time: 07:46 AM
I don't know anuybody who really hates them... But sometimes I hear those things about Bono... It's just lack of information from people who don't know what he really does. Yes, he's rich... But he could just sit down and watch all the problems of the world happen in front of him, like most people do. But the fact is that the man makes a diference.
Anyway I was born in 86... this is my last teen

Old 11-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #212
War Child

Location: Hellas, and God knows where else you 've got your tape recorders turned on...
Local Time: 09:46 AM
I was born at early 1987...The first day of it to be honest...

Old 11-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #213
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:46 AM
reading the past posts, it sounds like our generation has.. quite a few U2-haters.

but at the same time quite a few U2-lovers....
we are the generation
someday when we get old, we'll be telling our kids about the legendary U2 and the almighty Bono

Quote:
Originally posted by menelaos
I was born at early 1987...The first day of it to be honest...
oh, new years day?

if I'm right, that's so awesome
I bet the celebrations are really nifty and outta control..
Old 11-20-2005, 07:11 PM   #214
War Child

Location: Hellas, and God knows where else you 've got your tape recorders turned on...
Local Time: 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by youtooellen
oh, new years day?

if I'm right, that's so awesome
I bet the celebrations are really nifty and outta control..
The good thing is that I was born at the year of the release of the Joshua Tree...

The bad news is that because my birthday is so close to the christmas celebrations I don't get the amount of presents I would get if these 2 celebrations were seperate...
And that pisses me off....
Old 11-20-2005, 11:26 PM   #215
New Yorker

^

I know what you mean in a way..

I was born on Mother's Day.. so whenever I request for a party or anything of those sorts.. it's quite often combined with a family party celebrating both my birthday and Mother's Day..

I also have to get a gift for my mom on my birthday which is strange.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Do you really think it's worth it to start a page in thefacebook?

I mean, I probably won't do anything with it
Old 12-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #217
The Fly

1988... I always feel so left out when I talk to fans at U2 shows, and they have all these great stories about PopMart and ZooTV... and I think, "wtf... I was like ten years old". I guess it's as good a time as any to become a hardcore U2 fan, I just wish I could have seen some more of their tours.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by alainn-la
1988... I always feel so left out when I talk to fans at U2 shows, and they have all these great stories about PopMart and ZooTV... and I think, "wtf... I was like ten years old". I guess it's as good a time as any to become a hardcore U2 fan, I just wish I could have seen some more of their tours.

yeah i deal with the same thing. i was 10 for popmart.

then they ask me if this is the first time ive seen them live and im like no, this is my 30th time. (6 elevation, 24 vertigo.) and then they are like

there really was no point to that story.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

wow, 30 shows . ...

I have that same left out feeling, though, because I don't know what it was like in the older days.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 AM   #220
hay
Refugee

Local Time: 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by alainn-la
Yeah I sometimes feel left out, for Popmart I was 7, so its a bit depressing when they start talking about past shows and tours but then again I'm just happy to be a U2 fan and am able to see a concert next year
Old 12-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:46 AM
I remember when U2 played Lansdowne during PopMart, my mother and father went, and they clsoed with One, and they were in the pub 5 minutes later, I never get tired of that story. I almost feel like telling them to shut up when they talk about the Joshua Tree tour show they went to. And he remembers when U2 were only starting up and Out of Control was on the radio, stop rubbing it in my face, at least I have the albums on CD.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #222
New Yorker

^

Quote:
Originally posted by hay
Yeah I sometimes feel left out, for Popmart I was 7, so its a bit depressing when they start talking about past shows and tours but then again I'm just happy to be a U2 fan and am able to see a concert next year
I know exactly what you mean..

the one tour that I wish so much that I could've been at/seen would be the Joshua Tree tour..

and I wasn't even born then. hmph.

I'm getting the vibe here that I'm not the only one that wishes they were 20 years older, just to be able to see the past tours...

I even have a friend who saw them during Elevation tour, but didn't even appreciate it.. she said she didn't even know who U2 were
Old 12-15-2005, 02:54 PM   #223
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishteen
I remember when U2 played Lansdowne during PopMart, my mother and father went, and they clsoed with One, and they were in the pub 5 minutes later, I never get tired of that story. I almost feel like telling them to shut up when they talk about the Joshua Tree tour show they went to. And he remembers when U2 were only starting up and Out of Control was on the radio, stop rubbing it in my face, at least I have the albums on CD.
Argh... I feel you. Hearing stories about the shows that you missed is the worst. The band played a show about thirty minutes from my house on Larry's birthday during the Elevation tour, but I wasn't allowed to go because I was "too young". Now I hear people talk about that show a lot because apparently their version of "Kite" that night was AMAZING, and Larry covered the whole front row in a bottle of champagne. I know it wasn't my fault, but I kick myself all the time. I think seeing the band on any of the member's birthdays would be a lot of fun.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #224
The Fly

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Hey, 8/7/89 here. I finally saw the boys live last night, they were amazing. I've been a massive fan for 4-ish years now. I hate the fact that I missed all the other concerts- Zootopia, Joshua Tree etc. but I'm glad I'm getting to see U2 at all.

My dad used to work spotlight on concerts, he got to spotlight for *everyone*- people I could care less about (Backstreet Boys) and people I do care about like Bob Marley, and of course, U2. So him going on about how he got to hear all these amazing concerts, and that one time he helped David Bowie to his place on stage so that he wouldn't be seen by the audience- it's painful. But one of the worst things? My dad had lots and lots and lots of concert tees- and my mom made him sell them for a dollar a piece at a garage sale before I was born. Just imagine that. I could have old school U2 tees. :cries:

I'm done with my rant now.

Last night was incredible and can't wait to see them many many more times.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #225
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:46 AM
I prefer the year of THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE

21 and still looking 15