Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol my friends love Radiohead. They're all semi-hipsters minus the hipster look...

If it's 'mainstream' it's automatically bad. Such a hilarious way to go about music. Don't fight the feeling to fit an image, ya know? (not saying they secretly like U2, but they certainly secretly like other music that's 'mainstream' and they're afraid to admit it)

very true:up:

Do you know what happened to me yesterday? :ohmy:

My friend: My brother just asked me who is Bono.
Me: :faint: (after a while) Why did he want to know it?
My friend: He saw him on DISCOVERY...

:lol: at the thought of Bono being a narrator of a documentary.

Oh my :lmao: I'd love to see this documentary if it existed :lol::D Bono read some poems in the past, that was great :D

But I don't know what programme it was :hmm: I must ask him next time I see him. :lol:
At first I thought about MythBusters :lmao:

:giggle: He would love exploding things, wouldn't he?

He should be the narrator of a documentary. I wouldn't be able to leave the room.

Me too.

'Katie, why aren't you going to sleep?'

'nnngh what? BONO.'

I would be glued to the television. Glued.

So I've developed an awesome tradition of the drunken iPod swap.

When your friends are inebriated, you can poison their minds with your music. It totally works.

Any interesting results so far?

Well I take it easy with the less known U2 songs, but I've forced artists such as:

The Temper Trap
The Airborne Toxic Event
The Killers

and random others into their heads.

I like to play the 'you wouldnt know it's U2' songs and then laugh at them when they say they like it.

Like Numb, A Day Without Me, An Cat Dubh, a few others (well, we all know it's U2 of course, but to an outsiders ears they aren't sure and if you slip it in the right spot of a playlist they'd have no idea(and they're drunk)).

Mmm, Temper Trap is one of my favorites :up:

Like Numb, A Day Without Me, An Cat Dubh, a few others (well, we all know it's U2 of course, but to an outsiders ears they aren't sure and if you slip it in the right spot of a playlist they'd have no idea(and they're drunk)).

I approve :D I may steal this idea during college...and yeah, anything from 'Boy' and a lot from 'War' are really not obvious as U2; I played them on my speakers for months and my family had no idea it was the same artist :D

and the ever hidden October, cant forget about October :) Good to see another Temper Trap fan, hope to hear more good music comin out of them.

Poor October, it's so overlooked, but it's so good!

It just has to compete with the rest of U2. It's like... where does The Verve stand... if we're talking about the U2? Nowhere! But they're still really good :D

The Verve are awesome. However I'll be disappointed if you just referred to Bittersweet Symphony in that post.

The Verve are awesome. However I'll be disappointed if you just referred to Bittersweet Symphony in that post.

Well I wasn't referring to any song in particular.

I was saying that The Verve is to U2 as October is to... The Joshua Tree (if you will agree that The Joshua Tree is U2's top album).

October simply ain't no Joshua Tree.

But, pretending we are talking about songs here... while I do believe Bittersweet Symphony is indeed one of the best songs ever created, I am well aware of the Verve's awesomeness outside of it.

I think it's more of The Verve are to U2 as TUF is to The Joshua Tree. Very underrated.

Eh... that was the point. October is underrated... but only because it has to live up to it's counterparts and it probably doesn't.

The Unforgettable Fire is the same thing, but people dont even know October exists. TUF is one of my favorites actually.

The Unforgettable Fire has a reputation.

The Verve doesn't. The Verve is a great band, but they're not U2. Not near the same level, IMO.

October, to most people, is simply Gloria. But it has so much more in it, but the album is often overlooked because it's not as awesome as other U2 albums. The Verve isn't as awesome as U2.

There are a lot of people who prefer Radiohead than Coldplay.

I knew a guy who was a crazy U2 fan, and then he somehow got lost in a phase with Coldplay and Radiohead. He actually preferred Coldplay than more than U2, but ended up liking Radiohead more than both of them after two years.

Back
Top Bottom