Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I met my Rap addicted cousin today. I gave him some U2 stuff couple of years ago. Back then he was like "Oh yeah ! Vertigo. yeah yeah yeah... I love it. Great punk band. Edge Evans, The BooooNoooo and umm...."

Then a few months later, he said he loved Pop. "Pop is huge, but all the other albums suck ! Love the guys through... The Edge, BooNoo, Michael Clayton, and umm.. who's the old guy ?":huh:

Now he seems to like NLOTH.
And now "The Edge, BooNoo, Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton Jr, ":doh:

He's not a hopeless case.. He'll get there.

ehh I'd disagree... perhaps Zooropa is underrated but I just cant like those two albums.

Love every other U2 album to death... including the ever overlooked October... but I just cant stand 90% of Pop.

Bleh.

The Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire
War/Boy
Achtung Baby
ATYCLB/HTDAAB/October
Zooropa
Pop

that's my list, with the slashes being 'of equal level'. I simply dont like Pop.

Having Mofo, Gone and Please is enough to get it into the top 3. :mac:

But yeah, opinions ... :der:

Hehe mine dangles between UF and Joshua Tree for a favorite...

Unforgettable fire does have Bad and Pride and A Sort of Homecoming... tough to choose for certain! But yeah, I agree, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Pop is amazing yes. It sits just behind AB an TJT in my list of favouite U2 albums.

Pop is amazing :heart: There is the only one album which I love more - The Joshua Tree.
But I think there is a big amount of fans who make this album not as underrated as for example October or Zooropa, but I totally can't understand why U2 claim it's half-baked... :hmm:

It's certainly not underrated on Interference. But outside of the blue crack you'll hardly find anyone who even knows that Pop exists.

:up:

Resisting the temptation to think of the trailer for Killing Bono...'it sounds like a bleedin submarine!' (why did they not say airplane?)

And that weirded me out when I found U-2=plane in History class. Until I heard some interview where Baby Bono said it was just a letter and a number...

I know. A few of us did a project on airframe weight distribution of high altitude planes, back in school. I'm a wannabe aerodynamicist.

We weren't able to complete it and had to do one on hydroelectric power:drool:

But we had a great time back then. Problem is whenever I mention U2 now, the response is "Get over it man. U2 sucks. Absolutely no utility whatsoever... even the Rumpler Taube was better":doh:

But we had a great time back then. Problem is whenever I mention U2 now, the response is "Get over it man. U2 sucks. Absolutely no utility whatsoever... even the Rumpler Taube was better":doh:

On some level that's hilarious—it began with the dreaded 'U2 sucks' and then...oh...airplanes :D

I like Pop. But I won't say it's underrated. The truly underrated U2 album has got to be UF.

Pop certainly isn't underrated here, that much is true.

Although I agree... in respect to a whole, The Unforgettable Fire is so overlooked. It is, in my opinion, a second Joshua Tree.

I think everyone's middle ground is U2's middle era with those four albums, UF, Joshau Tree, R&H, and Achtung Baby.

People seem to vary though, in between Boy/War/October and Pop/Zooropa (post-punk vs. electronic/dance rock, if you will). Then you have the 2000s, which are their own creation but much more of a blend of the two.

Oh my the U2 spy plane thing! We were doing something in science last year and that U2 plane happened to be in the book. When we finally got to that part of the lesson and the teacher read out "A U2 plane" everyone looked at me and I just grinned really big.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom