Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
music.u2 said:
Thanks.. I appreciate the advice. Yea my brother went to university for a while and he dropped out because he changed his mind. Many of his friends have done the same thing too or are beginning to change their mind after two years there :yikes: Have you ever been to Europe? Once you've qualified you should visit to see if you'd like it or not.

Art's kinda in my family, but I'm going to wait to see how I do in it at school first.. before making a decision whether I want a career in art. Do you still draw as a hobby?

I think the worst thing about dropping out would be the nasty bill you get even though you haven't done the degree :yikes:
I've never been to Europe- actually I've never really been out of my state before, let alone overseas :giggle: I really want to backpack around there...
I love art, I did it in my HSC (our version of the leaving certificate i guess) and spent the entire year doing my artworks so I'm a bit uninspired and warn out... If i had more spare time i'd probably do a bit (can't wait for summer break, might do it then :drool: )

^Yea art's really annoying/boring when your forced to do it, but I still enjoy it! Oo yea it's winter over there.. my summer break is nearly over.. start back to school in September :( On my first day back I'll probably be looking forward to getting off again for Halloween :lol:

Mephy said:
Well I finished college in June so just 2 months.

For my work experience I helped out at a learning centre supporting kids who find learning in school hard, so I would also like to do something like that again too.

I guess I'm keeping my options open :lol:

You have plenty of time left then to decide. That sounds good.. I'd like to do something like that for my work experience, don't know when it is yet though. I did a bit of sign language this summer and I really enjoyed it. I would do a course on it.. but my school doesn't do one and I think you have to be 18 for the night classes!

You guys get work experience? We get that atsomething like 15, then after that it's exams exams exams until you hit university, or go to a technical college, or get a job, or go on a round-the-world trip. Weird, eh?

^ I had it in year 10 at high school, then one of my lessons in college had a work experience assignment, so that's why I got it in college too :)

^Hi I know this thread always goes dead for a while and then when you do come back the conversation has started up again :lol:

My school doesn't do work experience until lower 6th I think when you're 16/17.. most schools around here do it the year before that though!

Uh, haven't seen this...
Nice thread!

Well, I'm 15
And almos 99 per cent of my friends don't like U2
they like to listen to hip-hop or other awful thing in the radio...

You guys don't post in this thread anymore huh?

Uh, haven't seen this...
Nice thread!

Well, I'm 15
And almos 99 per cent of my friends don't like U2
they like to listen to hip-hop or other awful thing in the radio...

You guys don't post in this thread anymore huh?

Ditto that entire post. ;)

Hello everybody. I used to get to this site to help out other musicians on how to play songs of U2 on guitar, but that was a long time ago and i stopped doing it, so today i decided to check it out and i just found this old, long post....

I'm 18 and i'm from mexico city, i play the guitar and i hope to meet young u2 fans.

If you want my AIM or my MSN Messenger just ask for it. Cheers.

Hiya! :wave:

I'm a 18 year old Syndey girl. I have a handful of friends who like U2, but none as much as me. Most of them listen to the crap on the radio. I've managed to convert a couple of friends, but glad to see that there are so many teen fanatics online!

Do you guys find yourself constantly wishing you'd been old enough to see the legendry ZooTV or Lovetown tours?

I'm a 18 year old Syndey girl. I have a handful of friends who like U2, but none as much as me. Most of them listen to the crap on the radio. I've managed to convert a couple of friends, but glad to see that there are so many teen fanatics online!

Do you guys find yourself constantly wishing you'd been old enough to see the legendry ZooTV or Lovetown tours?

Hello!, I wish all the time that i'd been old enough to do that, but at least i got a chance to see them live in the vertigo tour in 2006.

All the time. But I watch my Zoo TV Sydney DVD listen to my assorted Zoo TV and LT bootlegs and they manage to appease me.

yeah i wish i was alive to see them during rattle and hum or even during the boy era!
but i saw them on the vertigo tour so i guess thats good enough :)

Whats funny is that most u2 teen fans say that. I can't count how many times I've wished to have seen ZooTv

I'm a 16 year old guy from Southern California. So yeah, most of my friends either listen to emo/pop-rock, classic rock, or alternative. You'd think that at least one of them would like U2, but none of them do, and if anything, they dislike them. I only know one other person in the entire school that listens to them, and I kind of wonder how U2 could ever be considered popular.

Another thing that sucks about being a young U2 fan is the fact that I don't think I'll ever be able to see one of their concerts! I live in Bakersfield, and U2 would never come over here, and I can't get over to L.A. to see a show. By the time I can start going to those things, who knows where those guys will be.

So yeah. /endrant. lol.

hey whats up? I'm Adge! :D
your parents wont take you to LA?? San Diego? They play quite a few california dates.
U2 will probably still be around once youre out of high school, they made a deal with live nation for another 12 years :yippie:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom