Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Hugh Laurie! And House! :love:

I can't wait for season four. And season three on DVD. :hyper:

And hey, EdgeIsTooSexy, I once got to meet some of the actors of Lost! They were on this beach close to a camp where my grade went to once for a retreat. We took pictures with them. And they once filmed at a mall near my house, it was near this parking structure, my sister pointed it out to me once while watching the DVD. :D

They haven't even finished airing the third series here, so the DVD won't be out for aaaages :grumpy: But I'll keep my eyes peeled for it when I go to Kuala Lumpur :shifty: See if I can get it early :wink:

OMG!
I met sieed. and he was so rude to me. all i said was hi and he gave me a dirty look. =/
who did you meet?!?!?!?
I love Charlie, desmond, and Jack =)

Em, I actually didn't know who I met. o_O
I know that the guy that I saw, he had fake blood on his forehead. Maybe if my friends still have the pics, I could show you them. This filming was...November 2005, I believe. Sometime in fall 2005.
Huh, it's weird. I live on the island where Lost is filmed, and almost everyone here loves the series, but I think there's something wrong with me. I don't really watch it. XD *shrugs*

lol i love it. i went to the set when i was in hawaii. id love pics!
do you know where eddie vedder lives?
i love him:drool:

Hehe, it's actually quite funny that I don't watch it. Even the radio used to talk about it a lot. And meh, I tried looking for some pics through my classmates but I can't find anyone with them. What kind of person loses pics with a celebrity? :tsk:
And heh, I don't unfortunately. But I'm sure that someone here might know. :D

hey my names pat n im 14 turning 15 in 5 months!! n i love u2

love playing guitar and teach myself and i am in a band and we play u2 songs pretty much.

i have pretty much ZERO friends who like u2 which is really crap! except the ppl in my band

i love the edge and im saving up for a delay pedal!

live in australia, melbourne

www.myspace.com/cotter92

thats my myspace

Hi ultraviolet92 and U2isthebest :wave:

Total U2 Nut said:
Hope you have a great time, and hope the weather brightens up for you, it's been a bit crappy here recently :grumpy:

Thanks :) well we had a few days of sunny weather which was good, but apart from that it was raining most of the time.. it didn't spoil the holiday though. I just got back today and both flights were fine as security was pretty tight (especially of the way there).

Going to take some time to catch up on everything on Interference :lol:

Total U2 Nut said:
They haven't even finished airing the third series here, so the DVD won't be out for aaaages :grumpy: But I'll keep my eyes peeled for it when I go to Kuala Lumpur :shifty: See if I can get it early :wink:

Watch out, I hate that place... and I spent ten years of my life there!

Call me Ewan, aged 18, Melbourne University studying Arts/Theology. Single :wink:

U2 in 2004 thanks to The Bomb (HTDAAB) but quickly moved along to the other albums.

Went to U2, 19 Nov 2006 in Melbourne, and was probably one of the best experiences of me life.

Single really. :p

Aww really.. cool! I haven't been to one yet :( So what's your favourite album? My brothers like U2 so they introduced me to their music and thats how got into them. My brothers have accounts on here also and thats how I found out about this website. You kinda get addicted to it :lol:

Yep. You can talk like Steve Irwin and nobody looks at you weird, plus if you come to Melbourne you can dress however you want and nobody will bat an eye.

Fave album is Achtung Baby at the moment, but it shifts around depending on seasons in my life. As I think it should.

^Oh right.. yea my favourite album/song changes all the time. Think everyone's does really. So who else apart from U2 do you like?

Hi Acrobat Angel! Are you training to teach primary or secondary school children... not really sure what the school system is like in Australia.. is it similar to America's? A teacher is one of the things I want to be haven't decided yet!

^ I hadn't notcied this topic before that's why it took me a while :giggle: I posted on the teen thread in PLEBA.

I don't really use myspace much anyway, I'm on Livejournal most... steph_leeds there. And anyone feel free to add me on MSN steph_edwards6057@hotmail.com :)

No, I'm taking a year out, I'm gonna be doing a night class in massage though before I hopefully go to uni to study sports therapy.

How about you?

music.u2 said:
Hi Acrobat Angel! Are you training to teach primary or secondary school children... not really sure what the school system is like in Australia.. is it similar to America's? A teacher is one of the things I want to be haven't decided yet!

Hi :wave: I'm studying to be a PD/H/PE teacher in the secondary school system... I don't really know about the school systems in other countries, but we have primary school (Kinder- Yr 6) then secondary school (Yr 7-12)... I think teaching will be very interesting- especially for me 'cos PE is actually fun and pretty popular here :D
What do you reckon you would teach if you decided on that as a career?
I'd love to go on exchange and teach in Europe :drool:

^ we have primary (yr 1 to 7 ages 4-11) then secondary (yr 8-14 11-18) There's a lack of PE teachers here especially female PE teachers so you'd probably find a job straight away if you came! Amm well I was thinking teaching Art and French or Art and English.. but for a while I just wanted a career in art.. like a fashion or interior designer but I don't think I'd be good enough to make it so I really don't know :shrug:

Mephy said:
[BHow about you? [/B]

Still at school unfortunately :( Trying to decide what I want to do and that's why Im asking everyone what there training to be :lol:

music.u2 said:
^ we have primary (yr 1 to 7 ages 4-11) then secondary (yr 8-14 11-18) There's a lack of PE teachers here especially female PE teachers so you'd probably find a job straight away if you came! Amm well I was thinking teaching Art and French or Art and English.. but for a while I just wanted a career in art.. like a fashion or interior designer but I don't think I'd be good enough to make it so I really don't know :shrug:

Still at school unfortunately :( Trying to decide what I want to do and that's why Im asking everyone what there training to be :lol:

:hmm: female PE teacher shortage hey... interesting... I've still got a few years before i can think about that anyway!
Before I fully decided on PE i wanted to do either Art teaching or interior design, just like you! I'm good at art, but i never thought i was teacher/professional quality, but if you have a talent for it you should consider it... :)
I don't think you should rush into any career if you're not sure (the number of people i know who have dropped out of uni in this first 6 months is staggering)... just keep your mind open to all options is my advice...

Thanks.. I appreciate the advice. Yea my brother went to university for a while and he dropped out because he changed his mind. Many of his friends have done the same thing too or are beginning to change their mind after two years there :yikes: Have you ever been to Europe? Once you've qualified you should visit to see if you'd like it or not.

Art's kinda in my family, but I'm going to wait to see how I do in it at school first.. before making a decision whether I want a career in art. Do you still draw as a hobby?

Oho, prospective teachers. I wouldn't mind being a teacher to be honest, but currently I'm studying a BA (Bachelor of Arts) with a Bachelor of Theology at Melbourne University.

And yeah, it is weird being "old", although we can now legally drink! Here, that is.

Random fact: Despite being a Malaysian with a Chinese heritage and an Australian passport and citizenship, I also have British citizenship!

University is a bit of a slog, but really it depends on whether or not you get into something you like... and if your preferences change.

music.u2 said:

Oh ok, well that's really why I'm taking a year out. I studied sports science at college so I want to do something related to that and I really enjoyed sports massage too so I'm thinking that's the way I'll go but...this time off will give me a chance to research other options so I can be sure :)

I get very bored easily :giggle:

major_panic said:
Random fact: Despite being a Malaysian with a Chinese heritage and an Australian passport and citizenship, I also have British citizenship!

Really, how come? I can get a British passport but I prefer the Irish one.. although the price for the Irish passport has gotten really expensive in the last few years! By the way you can also drink legally here and anywhere else in Europe :lol:

Mephy said:
I get very bored easily :giggle:

I see :lol: how long into your year off are you? Have you found anything else you might like to do?

Well I finished college in June so just 2 months.

For my work experience I helped out at a learning centre supporting kids who find learning in school hard, so I would also like to do something like that again too.

I guess I'm keeping my options open :lol:

Back
Top Bottom