Teenage U2 fans! - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #826
The Fly

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Yeah my mom has the rest, so I guess I am lucky in the sense that she's basically raised me with them playing in the background it sucks that your parents hate them though!! I guess I'm more of a fan then my mom though now, according to her "one concert is enough".... I'm slightly disappointed in her for saying that.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #827
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
Local Time: 06:05 PM
One is never enough! I've been to 6 and I want so many, many more!! I'm so very fortunate for those shows though and I don't take them for granted. My parents are awesome for helping me work out my trip.
We all gotta get to a show next tour for a teen meet-up! But then again, some of us might not be teens anymore. Still.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #828
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
I think a meet up is definitely in order. I've already began thinking about in which city. I'll probably see them 3 or four times on the next tour and I hope to at least get one meet up. I think that by the time they begin touring again I could potentially be going to school in Boston so seeing a show up north would be no problem at all. Even then if I am going to college elsewhere a drive to any city would be no problem. I hope they stick to the catwalk idea. I've loved the catwalk and want to get a spot just outside the catwalk for a show.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #829
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
On with the Pop discussion. I got it about this time last year, can't find Pop or Zooropa on CD anywhere around here so I ordered it off eBay (yes I do indeed buy CDs ). It got here one day during school and I immediately, as soon as I got home, opened it looked through the booklet and... smelled it. My copy has this weird smell that I cannot describe. I swear I'll bring it to a show or meet up if we meet up and then you will all understand. But anyway it has this weird, funky smell. It kind of went along with the feel of the album and I feel like it [the smell] came out of a club or something. Anyway I immediately put it in my iTunes library and gave it a listen. I was familiar with Discotheque, Gone, Last Night On Earth, Staring at the Sun, and Wake Up Dead Man but the rest of it I'd never heard. The album was so incredibly strange to me. I often have little trips of nostalgia when I think about the school year beginning last year and when I bought Pop and how strange of a start it was. The album has since really, really grown on me and it's now just outside my top 5 at number 6. I've had it ranked right near the bottom before and it's really come up a long ways. Btw Do You Feel Loved is . Best song off Pop, IMO of course.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #830
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonogirl777
One is never enough! I've been to 6 and I want so many, many more!! I'm so very fortunate for those shows though and I don't take them for granted. My parents are awesome for helping me work out my trip.
We all gotta get to a show next tour for a teen meet-up! But then again, some of us might not be teens anymore. Still.
Oh yes! One is a tragic number when related to this topic!! And haha, a meet up would be amazing!! As soon as I get a job I know what I'm saving for

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2
On with the Pop discussion. I got it about this time last year, can't find Pop or Zooropa on CD anywhere around here so I ordered it off eBay (yes I do indeed buy CDs ). It got here one day during school and I immediately, as soon as I got home, opened it looked through the booklet and... smelled it. My copy has this weird smell that I cannot describe. I swear I'll bring it to a show or meet up if we meet up and then you will all understand. But anyway it has this weird, funky smell. It kind of went along with the feel of the album and I feel like it [the smell] came out of a club or something. Anyway I immediately put it in my iTunes library and gave it a listen. I was familiar with Discotheque, Gone, Last Night On Earth, Staring at the Sun, and Wake Up Dead Man but the rest of it I'd never heard. The album was so incredibly strange to me. I often have little trips of nostalgia when I think about the school year beginning last year and when I bought Pop and how strange of a start it was. The album has since really, really grown on me and it's now just outside my top 5 at number 6. I've had it ranked right near the bottom before and it's really come up a long ways. Btw Do You Feel Loved is . Best song off Pop, IMO of course.
So far I've briefly listened to a few and my favorites/ones that stood out would be Do You Feel Loved, Discotheque and Gone! Pop is surprisingly better then my mom has made it out to be!! It's kinda like how Zooropa is growing on me a lot lately!! Even Lemon, which I grew up hating!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #831
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonU22011 View Post
Oh yes! One is a tragic number when related to this topic!! And haha, a meet up would be amazing!! As soon as I get a job I know what I'm saving for
Ditto to that. I need a job too. I've been applying to a lot of places but no luck.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #832
The Fly

I wish I had a job! Unfortunately my parents won't get me a SIN number so I can't even apply:/
Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #833
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonogirl777 View Post
I certainly won't be a teen by the next tour I'm fine with meeting up anywhere that's logically go-able from Baltimore...

Vincent, that's weird about the Pop booklet smell...I feel like my copy of Zooropa smelled sort of like that sounds...it doesn't anymore, though...
Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 AM   #834
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonU22011 View Post
I wish I had a job! Unfortunately my parents won't get me a SIN number so I can't even apply:/
Aw, that sucks.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #835
The Fly

Haha, Baltimore is like, across the country for me.
And oh I know! I wish they'd get me one, I'd like to make money!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #836
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

...what's an SIN number? I haven't heard of them...
Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #837
The Fly

Social Insurance Number. You need one so the government can track where youve worked and stuff! Might just be a Canadian thing! I'm not sure
Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #838
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think we have social security numbers here instead...I sure as hell don't remember mine, though, they're too damn long
Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #839
The Fly

Oh I know! They give you like a card once you get it! Most people's parents get them when there born... But noooooo not mine
Old 08-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #840
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15
I'm planning to attend university in Florida, so hello better chance of seeing concerts that don't go to Puerto Rico (ahem, U2!)
If you do, let me know I am going to University Of Miami..