Teenage U2 fans! - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #661
The Fly
 
TheEdge58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 119
Local Time: 04:13 AM
A little of both. I think i used a whole bottle of febreeze trying to get the smell out before my parents came home.
__________________

__________________
TheEdge58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #662
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
AnCatKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pearl jammin'
Posts: 6,876
Local Time: 02:13 AM
Oh no did it work?

I made hot chocolate once, and my dad puts an egg into the hot chocolate and mixes it in really fast to make it thicker—so my sister said to do that, and I skeptically said 'all right' and it cooled too fast, so there were egg bits in the hot chocolate It was pretty nasty...
__________________

__________________
AnCatKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #663
The Fly
 
TheEdge58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 119
Local Time: 04:13 AM
That just sounds nasty to drink. There was a little bit of smell left but i told them i burnt some toast.
__________________
TheEdge58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #664
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 04:13 AM
One time in home ec in middle school we made brownies and this dumb girl in my group added like triple the amount of oil that you're supposed to put so we ended up getting chocolate syrup.

Luckily, another group gave us some of their brownies. Coincidentally, we gave them some of our syrup
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #665
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
AnCatKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pearl jammin'
Posts: 6,876
Local Time: 02:13 AM
Eew...oily brownies D: I put too much cooking spray on the pans but luckily it does nothing bad...

Ehh, the only other real mistakes I make cooking are pancakes. I keep messing up the middle and they squish all over the griddle thing.
__________________
AnCatKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #666
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Haha the only thing I ever really cook seriously is pizza.

I'm an avid amateur pizza maker. Rarely mess up, although once I tried to make a supermassive pizza that collapsed on it's way out of the oven. I was real pissed lol. Plus, tons of oily cheese everywhere, on the floor, oven, etc.

Salvaged half a pizza though
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #667
The Fly
 
TheEdge58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 119
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Ever scince my incident ive stuck with the microwave
__________________
TheEdge58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #668
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
AnCatKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pearl jammin'
Posts: 6,876
Local Time: 02:13 AM
How on earth can you make pizza properly if you make brownie syrup? Pizza sounds complex. I wouldn't want to make the dough; so much could go wrong...plus it has to sit for a long time. Unless you get premade dough and then have to stretch it out...ugh...

I make dessert—chocolate chip cookies, pie, brownies, gingerbread, etc, and usually don't mess it up. I stick to pancake batter instead of pancakes because pancake making is dangerous
__________________
AnCatKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #669
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
theedgeu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Posts: 4,848
Local Time: 05:13 AM
All this talk of food has me HUNGRY! The only thing I can make and cook is french toast. But I can make some damn good french toast , or so everyone says. I actually do enjoy my own french toast and when I don't know what to eat it's the first thing I go to. But other than that I can't cook and have been afraid to screw something up. But screwing up, well that's just part of learning how to do something and get good at it.
__________________
theedgeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #670
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnCatKatie View Post
How on earth can you make pizza properly if you make brownie syrup? Pizza sounds complex. I wouldn't want to make the dough; so much could go wrong...plus it has to sit for a long time. Unless you get premade dough and then have to stretch it out...ugh...

I make dessert—chocolate chip cookies, pie, brownies, gingerbread, etc, and usually don't mess it up. I stick to pancake batter instead of pancakes because pancake making is dangerous
I can make my own dough but for the sake of time and consistency I dont bother. Usually, we buy a ton of pre-made dough and freeze it.

BTW, if you let the dough rise for long enough, stretching it out is really easy. The most important thing when making a pizza is to have the temperature correct, the best ingredients, and the dough flattened to a proper thickness. Also, a pizza stone is mandatory unless you want cheesy/saucy bread.

I make dessert when Christmas time comes around. Actually, come to think of it, for a guy, I do a lot of work in the kitchen In fact, it sucks a ton to currently not have a kitchen (among other things that suck here).
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #671
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
AnCatKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pearl jammin'
Posts: 6,876
Local Time: 02:13 AM
Nice! French toast is a good one. Heh...have you had to make it for dinner because you ran out of other things to cook?

I actually forgot the eggs because I was distracted; usually I'm not that bad I was looking at the lyrics booklet for a Replacements CD and wondering why the hell they wouldn't want record companies making deals with them (some backstory said that, which was odd) and was like 'hmm, this cookie dough is holding its shape too well...must have added too much flour?' ...yeah, and forgot eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
IBTW, if you let the dough rise for long enough, stretching it out is really easy. The most important thing when making a pizza is to have the temperature correct, the best ingredients, and the dough flattened to a proper thickness. Also, a pizza stone is mandatory unless you want cheesy/saucy bread.

I make dessert when Christmas time comes around. Actually, come to think of it, for a guy, I do a lot of work in the kitchen In fact, it sucks a ton to currently not have a kitchen (among other things that suck here).
Mm, I kind of want to make pizza now that you made it sound so easy. And there's no reason guys shouldn't cook. It's kind of annoying when they don't, but that's my opinion
__________________
AnCatKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #672
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
All this talk of food has me HUNGRY! The only thing I can make and cook is french toast. But I can make some damn good french toast , or so everyone says. I actually do enjoy my own french toast and when I don't know what to eat it's the first thing I go to. But other than that I can't cook and have been afraid to screw something up. But screwing up, well that's just part of learning how to do something and get good at it.
Haha me too, totally afraid to screw things up. And I could go for some food right now too.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #673
The Fly
 
TheEdge58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 119
Local Time: 04:13 AM
I want some pizza now
__________________
TheEdge58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #674
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
AnCatKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pearl jammin'
Posts: 6,876
Local Time: 02:13 AM
Hahaha. I have dinner. Not pizza, but hamburgers...yay.

I love how offtopic this got...
__________________
AnCatKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #675
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Where'd the conversation go?



it's back.
Ya'll think I was kidding, right?
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com