Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #541
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
Oh my the U2 spy plane thing! We were doing something in science last year and that U2 plane happened to be in the book. When we finally got to that part of the lesson and the teacher read out "A U2 plane" everyone looked at me and I just grinned really big.

...I wonder if anyone's ever confused those planes and the ones U2 has?

and your avatar is amusing ^^ Edge plus cheese hat!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #542
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnCatKatie View Post

...I wonder if anyone's ever confused those planes and the ones U2 has?

and your avatar is amusing ^^ Edge plus cheese hat!
Haha I don't know if anyone actually has confused the two planes.

Ahh yes my avatar. The first avatar I used after I joined here. Have gotten many people to laugh at that. Its actually a Photoshop done by GaleonGirl from the forum. I just added the text which says "heh yes its made of real cheez".

Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #543
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I feel like I might have before I was a fan Fortunately I didn't know about either and do that ^^

Edge seems good with cheese. Mmm...
Old 01-05-2011, 03:46 AM   #544
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
Oh my the U2 spy plane thing! We were doing something in science last year and that U2 plane happened to be in the book. When we finally got to that part of the lesson and the teacher read out "A U2 plane" everyone looked at me and I just grinned really big.

Lol I was the 'U2' kid in the class as well... any reference and all eyes on me haha.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #545
The Fly

Local Time: 01:05 AM
It happens even when someone says you too.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #546
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Boy View Post
Same here! I'm like 'eheh...you just said U2...' Everyone says it a LOT
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #547
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Lol I was the 'U2' kid in the class as well... any reference and all eyes on me haha.
Same here I think I'm the only one U2 fan in my class ... but thank God that my classmates don't hate U2 or Bono
Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #548
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:35 PM
I'm lucky enough to have some U2 fans in my class, but undoubtedly, I'm the biggest one among them...
Old 01-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #549
War Child

Are any of you guys at the atu2.com forum?

That board is pretty much dead all the time.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #550
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:35 PM
No and that's the reason why.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #551
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Boy View Post
Oh yeah that one also! Except in my mind I hear it as 'U2' instead of 'you too'. I try not to say anything when someone says it. BUT sometimes it is hard to resist. I always hope everytime we get a new kid that they at least like U2. No luck yet. Some of my friends, who probably don't listen to the band, know I'm pretty crazy over them. But there are some John Mayer lovers in my school. They are just like I am with U2 except with Mayer.

Oh and I just remembered when one day we were watching a video in class and one of the guys mentioned Bono. I was barely holding myself together trying not to go "Ooooh ooh he said BONO!!!!" They were teasing about it that day.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #552
ONE
love, blood, life

When I went away to college in August I was hoping that one of my roomates would enjoy U2 or be influence-able, if you will.

Well my roomate is a helpless soul who makes you shake your head countlessly time after time. When I sarcastically called them all out for not being U2 fans... he said "hey I have a few songs, like Vertigo and Get On Your Boots!". Made me shake my head, big time! You just admitted to being an ignorant youth who knows nothing of U2 before the year 2000! And the other 2 refuse to listen.

In high school though, I guess U2 is synonymous with Bono which is synonymous with human rights which is synonymous with democrats which is synonymous with leftism which is synonymous with communism. Needless to say, I was often jokingly silenced as being a communist for liking U2.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #553
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Man that's just pathetic. I hate how every teenager you meet isn't a big fan and only knows of BD, Vertigo, and Boots. It really is as if U2 didn't exist in the 90s. I'm always sitting in my car in the parking lot with some stuff from the 90s blaring. Usually Achtung Baby and Pop since for some kids Zooropa might come off as a little weird (Zooropa is my 3rd fav U2 album btw). I hope someday to get someone to hear it and ask me, with a look of intense interest, "what is that!?!" And then I could start off an extreme conversation on the 90s.

The real result of it would probably be someone telling me to turn it down and cut off that lame music.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #554
ONE
love, blood, life

heh, I'm the same way with the music from the 80s. Except I'd imagine the 80s music would be a bit more marketable among non-fans. Apparently not! It's always 'turn that crap down!' lol
Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #555
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I agree also with the 80s. I think they would indeed be more marketable to nonfans. Some of my friends actually like their 80s stuff, mainly just parts of Joshua Tree and R&H though. If they ever want to borrow one of my CDs they can certainly feel free! Or I can make a copy. But everyone I know is into Rap/Hip Hop or whatever is mainstream. I hope what is popular and considered "good" music will certainly see a change. Probably unlikely but hey look at this way, in the 70s disco and funk was the popular thing, the 80s saw rock music of all sorts popular and metal as well, 90s saw the start of hip hop and grunge was heavily popular, and the past decade was pop music and rap/hip hop (hope I got my facts right on that). I see alternative music making a sort of breakthrough. It's certainly very popular and I would not mind seeing it be the big genre of the next decade.