Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, euros are twice the amount of the dollar or something. You know, two dollars ish is one euro. Or close enough. What's weird is the amount of euros on prices there is the same as amount of dollars in the US, or more, so if you're coming there with dollars and have to convert them it's having a lot less money and trying to buy the same stuff...

But yeah. I didn't really like spending an entire year in Italy. Short term tends to be better cause you can spend more and have air conditioning and cars and stuff. But there's a totally different world perspective over there if you spend a long time in Europe. I don't think I can see America quite the same way as I used to anymore...

I guess it's just a lot older then here, and there's so many different cultures to experience so close together :)

Well, euros are twice the amount of the dollar or something. You know, two dollars ish is one euro. Or close enough. What's weird is the amount of euros on prices there is the same as amount of dollars in the US, or more, so if you're coming there with dollars and have to convert them it's having a lot less money and trying to buy the same stuff...

But yeah. I didn't really like spending an entire year in Italy. Short term tends to be better cause you can spend more and have air conditioning and cars and stuff. But there's a totally different world perspective over there if you spend a long time in Europe. I don't think I can see America quite the same way as I used to anymore...

Ah, I see. My parents are going to Europe towards September/October - they are still uncertain as it's a little expensive by their standards, but I hope they get to go.

Me too! They don't have to many extremely old buildings in North America :p and oh, those would be so cool! I definitely want to see those one day. *adds to bucket list*

Permanent-building-making people haven't been around that long in North America to make them, that's true...

Me too! They don't have to many extremely old buildings in North America :p and oh, those would be so cool! I definitely want to see those one day. *adds to bucket list*

Ahh, sorry for the double post! Stupid phone! And yeah, well europeans have only been here for like 400 years :p and guess what?! I finally got Pop on iTunes!! I'm so excited :D

Hehehe...I got Pop because of Discothèque...I'd made a promise to myself never to buy Pop, and that song totally ruined that plan...

Did your mom have all the other CDs? If so, lucky. My parents kind of hate U2 so I bought them all myself...

Yeah my mom has the rest, so I guess I am lucky in the sense that she's basically raised me with them playing in the background :) it sucks that your parents hate them though!! I guess I'm more of a fan then my mom though now, according to her "one concert is enough".... I'm slightly disappointed in her for saying that.

:shocked: One is never enough! I've been to 6 and I want so many, many more!! I'm so very fortunate for those shows though and I don't take them for granted. My parents are awesome for helping me work out my trip.
We all gotta get to a show next tour for a teen meet-up! But then again, some of us might not be teens anymore. :lol: Still.

I think a meet up is definitely in order. I've already began thinking about in which city. I'll probably see them 3 or four times on the next tour and I hope to at least get one meet up. I think that by the time they begin touring again I could potentially be going to school in Boston so seeing a show up north would be no problem at all. Even then if I am going to college elsewhere a drive to any city would be no problem. I hope they stick to the catwalk idea. I've loved the catwalk and want to get a spot just outside the catwalk for a show.

On with the Pop discussion. I got it about this time last year, can't find Pop or Zooropa on CD anywhere around here so I ordered it off eBay (yes I do indeed buy CDs :p). It got here one day during school and I immediately, as soon as I got home, opened it looked through the booklet and... smelled it. :lol: My copy has this weird smell that I cannot describe. I swear I'll bring it to a show or meet up if we meet up and then you will all understand. :lol: But anyway it has this weird, funky smell. It kind of went along with the feel of the album and I feel like it [the smell] came out of a club or something. Anyway I immediately put it in my iTunes library and gave it a listen. I was familiar with Discotheque, Gone, Last Night On Earth, Staring at the Sun, and Wake Up Dead Man but the rest of it I'd never heard. The album was so incredibly strange to me. I often have little trips of nostalgia when I think about the school year beginning last year and when I bought Pop and how strange of a start it was. :huh: The album has since really, really grown on me and it's now just outside my top 5 at number 6. I've had it ranked right near the bottom before and it's really come up a long ways. Btw Do You Feel Loved is :drool::drool::drool:. Best song off Pop, IMO of course.

Bonogirl777 said:
:shocked: One is never enough! I've been to 6 and I want so many, many more!! I'm so very fortunate for those shows though and I don't take them for granted. My parents are awesome for helping me work out my trip.
We all gotta get to a show next tour for a teen meet-up! But then again, some of us might not be teens anymore. :lol: Still.

Oh yes! One is a tragic number when related to this topic!! And haha, a meet up would be amazing!! As soon as I get a job I know what I'm saving for :p

theedgeu2 said:
On with the Pop discussion. I got it about this time last year, can't find Pop or Zooropa on CD anywhere around here so I ordered it off eBay (yes I do indeed buy CDs :p). It got here one day during school and I immediately, as soon as I got home, opened it looked through the booklet and... smelled it. :lol: My copy has this weird smell that I cannot describe. I swear I'll bring it to a show or meet up if we meet up and then you will all understand. :lol: But anyway it has this weird, funky smell. It kind of went along with the feel of the album and I feel like it [the smell] came out of a club or something. Anyway I immediately put it in my iTunes library and gave it a listen. I was familiar with Discotheque, Gone, Last Night On Earth, Staring at the Sun, and Wake Up Dead Man but the rest of it I'd never heard. The album was so incredibly strange to me. I often have little trips of nostalgia when I think about the school year beginning last year and when I bought Pop and how strange of a start it was. :huh: The album has since really, really grown on me and it's now just outside my top 5 at number 6. I've had it ranked right near the bottom before and it's really come up a long ways. Btw Do You Feel Loved is :drool::drool::drool:. Best song off Pop, IMO of course.

So far I've briefly listened to a few and my favorites/ones that stood out would be Do You Feel Loved, Discotheque and Gone! Pop is surprisingly better then my mom has made it out to be!! It's kinda like how Zooropa is growing on me a lot lately!! Even Lemon, which I grew up hating!

I certainly won't be a teen by the next tour :lol: I'm fine with meeting up anywhere that's logically go-able from Baltimore...

Vincent, that's weird about the Pop booklet smell...I feel like my copy of Zooropa smelled sort of like that sounds...it doesn't anymore, though...

Haha, Baltimore is like, across the country for me.
And oh I know! I wish they'd get me one, I'd like to make money!

Social Insurance Number. You need one so the government can track where youve worked and stuff! Might just be a Canadian thing! I'm not sure

I think we have social security numbers here instead...I sure as hell don't remember mine, though, they're too damn long

Oh I know! They give you like a card once you get it! Most people's parents get them when there born... But noooooo not mine :p

Back
Top Bottom