Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My birthday's on the same day as Quentin Tarantino. And I share the month with Adam. Enough for me.:lol:

@ Elizabeth: haha isn't it fun to read your old posts again? I mean. it's from yeaaars back. :D I haven't been here that long

I think it's funny how we've totally never talked on here but we met in person.

In a city that neither of us are from.

On accident.

Haven't lurked here in a while, but since the tour is coming to a close, I need to start moving around the forum more...I'm 16 in one month and gearing up for junior year. :up:

Really wish I had gone to another U2 show, that Miami show was just :drool: (and it was my first-ever U2 show). And I come from Puerto Rico, where U2 haven't performed here, but we've gotten every other artist in the books - traveling long distances to see a concert is difficult, and rare. In this case I have family in Miami, so it made sense.

I have the same birthday as Britney Spears... Beat that.

I find that interesting.

Feb. 21

I share a birthday with Ellen Page. She's an actress (such as Inception) and the only famous person I really know anything about on Wikipedia's list. Btw I got my first sip of Guiness tonight. My mom was so gracious.

:lol: How'd it go? Guinness is nice, but it depends what kind of beer you like.

Oh beer... beer beer beer...

There's a beer thread. The teenage thread should overrun it. It'd be funny.

If we're choosing a Nationality for beers though, gotta be either English beers or Dutch beers.

Hello, I´m new one here:reject: I`m 15 (going to be 16 one and a half weeks from here, same day as The Edge :up:) I`m feeling so retarded right now :crack:

Welcome :wave:

I share my Birthday with Bonnie Tyler and Lindsay Davenport as Wikipedia just informed me :lol:
For years I've been sure that Matti Hauttameaki (you sipsi will probably be the only person that knows who I'm talking about since you're from Finland) was born in June the 8th, but I was wrong :huh: 14 th of July...

The Guiness was actually not bad at all. I still have a few years before I'll be able to drink legally but I can't say I haven't broken the rules. :shifty: Currently I am 17 1/2 and have to wait until I am 21 for beer. Never been into the beer thread either.

Welcome :wave:

I share my Birthday with Bonnie Tyler and Lindsay Davenport as Wikipedia just informed me :lol:
For years I've been sure that Matti Hauttameaki (you sipsi will probably be the only person that knows who I'm talking about since you're from Finland) was born in June the 8th, but I was wrong :huh: 14 th of July...

yep I know him :D Finnish ski jumper...:reject:

The Guiness was actually not bad at all. I still have a few years before I'll be able to drink legally but I can't say I haven't broken the rules. :shifty: Currently I am 17 1/2 and have to wait until I am 21 for beer. Never been into the beer thread either.

Good that you liked it XD you should just go to Ireland, it's 1. much better there 2. if you wait 1/2 a year you'll legally be able to drink there (I was) 3. they usually don't care about your age anyway...

I think it's funny how we've totally never talked on here but we met in person.

In a city that neither of us are from.

On accident.

:lmao: I know right?

At a show that was pretty crap for me. Was backstage with First Aid basically the whole time. :sigh: I left the front of the pit and soundboarded it up until about Stay, actually. Then my anxiety/dehydration/nausea got worse. So I found a medic. I came back in time to see Streets from the soundboard. The Claw was in top form. :drool: I got to go into the back of the pit to see HMTMKMKM, WOWY, and Edge playing piano for MOS. :cute:

:lmao: I know right?

At a show that was pretty crap for me. Was backstage with First Aid basically the whole time. :sigh: I left the front of the pit and soundboarded it up until about Stay, actually. Then my anxiety/dehydration/nausea got worse. So I found a medic. I came back in time to see Streets from the soundboard. The Claw was in top form. :drool: I got to go into the back of the pit to see HMTMKMKM, WOWY, and Edge playing piano for MOS. :cute:

Hah don't you worry, you weren't the only one who had a rough time.

I blame the people at Lincoln Financial Field for making us wait on the West side of the stadium in the sun all day on a black top surface... most of my water went warm in about an hour or two, except for the water in the camel pack I was carrying :lol:

I didn't even watch MoS... had to run for the train unfortunately. I remember thinking before I left... whoops shoulda said goodbye to everyone around me because everyone was so nice... but my head was elsewhere at the moment.

Anyways, next time round when this happens I say more Interference unity beforehand :D

Dehydrated enough to need medical attention over concert? Ugh, does not sound like fun. Suddenly I'm happy I stuck to my one show. ...Almost.

Hah don't you worry, you weren't the only one who had a rough time.

I blame the people at Lincoln Financial Field for making us wait on the West side of the stadium in the sun all day on a black top surface... most of my water went warm in about an hour or two, except for the water in the camel pack I was carrying :lol:

I didn't even watch MoS... had to run for the train unfortunately. I remember thinking before I left... whoops shoulda said goodbye to everyone around me because everyone was so nice... but my head was elsewhere at the moment.

Anyways, next time round when this happens I say more Interference unity beforehand :D

Yeah and the way they let us into the venue was ridiculous which triggered my anxiety for some reason and I had pain in my chest/stomach the rest of the time I was in the venue.

And definitely more Interference unity. :rockon:

Dehydrated enough to need medical attention over concert? Ugh, does not sound like fun. Suddenly I'm happy I stuck to my one show. ...Almost.

Yeah, and my anxiety. :( It really, really sucked.

Look! A thread that exists

I was 16 when I joined Interference so that sort of counts. It took a while to build up steam listening to U2, my first experience was watching the Beautiful Day video on MTV in 2001ish. Then I got The Joshua Tree for my birthday in 2002ish (liked Exit from a young age!), I started listening to the Best of 1980-1990 while grinding through FFVII, and stole Achtung Baby from my sister's CD collection right before HTDAAB came out in 2004.

Never really got around to asking for Vertigo or 360 tickets as a present of any sort, so I have yet to see them live.

Oh man. You should see them at whatever tour happens next. I'm already kicking myself for not getting my parents to drive me down to Anaheim to see that one, etc...(wouldn't have worked out cause my foot was screwed up and it had to be elevated and pain meds made me fall asleep o_O)

I am almost 16 and i think U2 has taken over my life! :lol: :lol: :lol:

yep :D me too :D
i`m feeling sad because i didn`t have money to buy the tickets (then i got money but there were no tickerts left..) when U2 was here in Finland:sad:

Back
Top Bottom