Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no :giggle: did it work?

I made hot chocolate once, and my dad puts an egg into the hot chocolate and mixes it in really fast to make it thicker—so my sister said to do that, and I skeptically said 'all right' and it cooled too fast, so there were egg bits in the hot chocolate :uhoh: It was pretty nasty...

One time in home ec in middle school we made brownies and this dumb girl in my group added like triple the amount of oil that you're supposed to put so we ended up getting chocolate syrup.

Luckily, another group gave us some of their brownies. Coincidentally, we gave them some of our syrup :lol:

Eew...oily brownies D: I put too much cooking spray on the pans but luckily it does nothing bad...

Ehh, the only other real mistakes I make cooking are pancakes. I keep messing up the middle and they squish all over the griddle thing.

Haha the only thing I ever really cook seriously is pizza.

I'm an avid amateur pizza maker. Rarely mess up, although once I tried to make a supermassive pizza that collapsed on it's way out of the oven. I was real pissed lol. Plus, tons of oily cheese everywhere, on the floor, oven, etc.

Salvaged half a pizza though ;)

How on earth can you make pizza properly if you make brownie syrup? :giggle: Pizza sounds complex. I wouldn't want to make the dough; so much could go wrong...plus it has to sit for a long time. Unless you get premade dough and then have to stretch it out...ugh...

I make dessert—chocolate chip cookies, pie, brownies, gingerbread, etc, and usually don't mess it up. I stick to pancake batter instead of pancakes because pancake making is dangerous :lol:

All this talk of food has me HUNGRY! :lol: The only thing I can make and cook is french toast. But I can make some damn good french toast :lol:, or so everyone says. I actually do enjoy my own french toast and when I don't know what to eat it's the first thing I go to. But other than that I can't cook and have been afraid to screw something up. But screwing up, well that's just part of learning how to do something and get good at it.

How on earth can you make pizza properly if you make brownie syrup? :giggle: Pizza sounds complex. I wouldn't want to make the dough; so much could go wrong...plus it has to sit for a long time. Unless you get premade dough and then have to stretch it out...ugh...

I make dessert—chocolate chip cookies, pie, brownies, gingerbread, etc, and usually don't mess it up. I stick to pancake batter instead of pancakes because pancake making is dangerous :lol:

I can make my own dough but for the sake of time and consistency I dont bother. Usually, we buy a ton of pre-made dough and freeze it.

BTW, if you let the dough rise for long enough, stretching it out is really easy. The most important thing when making a pizza is to have the temperature correct, the best ingredients, and the dough flattened to a proper thickness. Also, a pizza stone is mandatory unless you want cheesy/saucy bread.

I make dessert when Christmas time comes around. Actually, come to think of it, for a guy, I do a lot of work in the kitchen :ohmy: In fact, it sucks a ton to currently not have a kitchen (among other things that suck here).

Nice! French toast is a good one. Heh...have you had to make it for dinner because you ran out of other things to cook?

I actually forgot the eggs because I was distracted; usually I'm not that bad :giggle: I was looking at the lyrics booklet for a Replacements CD and wondering why the hell they wouldn't want record companies making deals with them (some backstory said that, which was odd) and was like 'hmm, this cookie dough is holding its shape too well...must have added too much flour?' ...yeah, and forgot eggs :lol:

IBTW, if you let the dough rise for long enough, stretching it out is really easy. The most important thing when making a pizza is to have the temperature correct, the best ingredients, and the dough flattened to a proper thickness. Also, a pizza stone is mandatory unless you want cheesy/saucy bread.

I make dessert when Christmas time comes around. Actually, come to think of it, for a guy, I do a lot of work in the kitchen :ohmy: In fact, it sucks a ton to currently not have a kitchen (among other things that suck here).

Mm, I kind of want to make pizza now that you made it sound so easy. And there's no reason guys shouldn't cook. It's kind of annoying when they don't, but that's my opinion :lol:

All this talk of food has me HUNGRY! :lol: The only thing I can make and cook is french toast. But I can make some damn good french toast :lol:, or so everyone says. I actually do enjoy my own french toast and when I don't know what to eat it's the first thing I go to. But other than that I can't cook and have been afraid to screw something up. But screwing up, well that's just part of learning how to do something and get good at it.

Haha me too, totally afraid to screw things up. And I could go for some food right now too.

Where'd the conversation go?

squirrely.jpg

it's back.

Ya'll think I was kidding, right?

I have actually had to make french toast for dinner one time. I was getting angry because there was absolutely nothing available to eat or maybe it was because i didn't feel like eating what was available, but anyway I ended up having french toast for dinner. :lol:

Well that's a squirrel that lives outside of my dorm. He was pizza squirrel that day, although he's also been flying squirrel and Santa Squirrel (he had a white piece of paper which looked like a beard once).

Pretty awesome squirrel if you ask me.

I have actually had to make french toast for dinner one time. I was getting angry because there was absolutely nothing available to eat or maybe it was because i didn't feel like eating what was available, but anyway I ended up having french toast for dinner. :lol:

Hahahaha. Sounds yummy. I love breakfast at lunch, and would have breakfast for dinner if people didn't stare at me oddly when I did. Besides that I'm supposedly supposed to have more nutritious dinner...

I'll probably just eat dessert all the time in college :D

Hey, as long as it's not omlettes for dinner. French toast sounds good right now lol. Just wait till you're in college. I wish I had a kitchen to cook french toast for dinner lol.

Ugh, college...me too. I have no idea what it's going to be like. Dorms don't seem like somewhere I want to be for 4 years...

I don't know how much I'm gonna enjoy college. I've stayed in a few dorms at various camps I've done in the past, and I'm sure it's much different than how it was at camp in the dorms, but I just don't know if I'm gonna be real big on going.

It was hard leavin home for sure. If you dont mind me asking, how old are you anyways (like, how far off are you from college I mean)?

A few things, wherever you choose to go to college... dont get stuck with crap roommates like myself. And make sure, whatever you do, to get yourself out there (and this applies to anyone going to college). Get active, dont sit in your dorm. Meet people. Your roommates are not your friends. Meet people with similar interests, etc.

I know you'll probably hear that when you go there. Don't ignore it, trust me.

Back
Top Bottom