Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, this is how it went, to some extent. I might be missing a song.

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways?
Where is the Love/One with the Black Eyed Peas
Because the Night with Bruce Springsteen & Patti Smith
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For with Bruce Springsteen
Stuck in a Moment You Cant Get Out Ofwith Mick Jagger

Side Note: Mick Jagger performs Gimme Shelter with Fergie

Can't remember if they played Mysterious Ways or not... okay so more like 10 songs. About half a U2 show :)

A moment forever though. If anyone wants the actual script from the manual for the DVD, it talks about U2's relationship with all of the artists (including them getting drunk with the Black Eyed Peas on the plane on the way to NYC lol).

Just checked.

I got my lineup almost perfect, even in order.

Mysterious Ways/Where is the Love/One was all one really long song. It was almost like 8 minutes long.

Oh absolutely, especially because of the once in a lifetime stigma surrounding it.

I mean honestly, when will U2 ever collaborate with Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Patti Smith, and the Black Eyed Peas, much less all on the same night? I got a piece of history under my concerts that Ive been to now.

Still cant wait to see U2 at a real U2 show, under the claw and all.

Yea nothing can compare to seeing the top of the claw driving to the concert and walking into the stadium and just seeing how massive it is

Haha I could imagine... it's frustrating being a U2 fan of youth in general. Just wait until they think they know who U2 is :lol:

I tried to introduce some (well, most) of my friends to U2 (and other rock bands of the 70s and 80s). A few of them liked Vertigo, Ultraviolet, Numb and some of the Macphisto stuff, maybe because they didn't know it was U2.

Most of them were like "Why the hell does every eew2 song sound the same ??!"
"What kind of a name is 'The Edge'"
"The Edge can't play !"
"Why doesn't this Sadam guy learn a few notes ?"
"Why is the drummer so old ?"
and of course
"This Bono guy is a 4' dick"

I feel like i was born in the wrong place.

Apparently I'm the only one in whole south east asia who likes U2, Led Zeppelin, Rolling stones, Tennis, Cars(and not bikes), Cricket, non spicy food and Bob Dylan.

Girls from my college want to kill me for not liking Justin Beiber. Really, they do want to actually kill me for saying some shit about today's pop music. When it comes to Pop(music), I don't give a tiny rat's ass. And i think i'm gonna be killed anyway for not liking muai thai.

"Eew2"? Oh no :D

U2, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones :up: are great! I don't see why pop music is so popular, really.

Well, I had my art teacher in class ask me not to play U2 when I put my iPod on speakers, and played the Beatles for about 15 minutes before I died and had to put on the Replacements. I think I'm addicted :giggle: My friend was making a list of things our friends like and dislike and for me she was like, "Art, U2..." etc...oh my.

Haha that sounds extra harsh. See, around here people like U2. They're all just in their 30s/40s.

But no, you'll get the same answer. From the ignorant:

"Who is this Boeno guy?"
"Bono is a douche"
"U2 sucks"
"they sound like Coldplay"
blah blah

from the less ignorant people:

"The Edge relies on cheap guitar tricks"
"<blank song> is overrated>"
blah blah blah.

And oh god, Justin Bieber. If there's one good thing, he's a joke to anybody over the age of 16 around this hemisphere.

I have the same problem with my friends none of them know who U2 is or The Rolling Stones or anyone like that and then they get all pissed and junk when i trash talk Justin Beiber. I guess its ok when the teachers know who U2 is atleast someone does.

Haha that sounds extra harsh. See, around here people like U2. They're all just in their 30s/40s.

But no, you'll get the same answer. From the ignorant:

"Who is this Boeno guy?"
"Bono is a douche"
"U2 sucks"
"they sound like Coldplay"
blah blah

from the less ignorant people:
And go figure the amount of publicity that he has acquired over the years...

2jwsvk.jpg

The only pop music i like is Pop Muzik from Popmart

Especially if it ends with a TALK ABOUT in the end. :dance:

I unfortunately told one on youtube to not have a biased opinion, and entered a huge argument I didn't want to have...ghh.

i had the samething happen to me. I just told them if they hate Bono so much then why are they watching videos with him in them? That seemed to shut them up

Ah, well, you're lucky :) The bastard got into a rant about how Bono's ego was off the charts and he didn't deserve to be alive, blah blah blah, and I probably shouldn't have responded after that...it'll lead to another rant...

It's so weird how so many people hate Bono. I don't get it—what happened?

Ah, well, you're lucky :) The bastard got into a rant about how Bono's ego was off the charts and he didn't deserve to be alive, blah blah blah, and I probably shouldn't have responded after that...it'll lead to another rant...

It's so weird how so many people hate Bono. I don't get it—what happened?

One person with an actual argument on Bono's ego back 20 years ago presented it to ignorant people and it spread like wildfire apparently. And then South Park and Family Guy made jokes about Bono. So it became really cool to hate him.

Lol that's just my take on it. Not to say Bono doesn't have an ego, but a lot of things are developed out of hatred/jealousy for Bono.

I just got an irritating comment back from the U2 hater. Decided to ignore it, even though it's painful. Ah well.

Definitely anything but bored. I channeled my angry energy into making cookies, but forgot the eggs, so they were like scones (mmm, breakfast), and added in the eggs and feel very very smart :doh:

Definitely anything but bored. I channeled my angry energy into making cookies, but forgot the eggs, so they were like scones (mmm, breakfast), and added in the eggs and feel very very smart :doh:

Haha, I'm no Mr. Baker but what really sucks is if you make cookies or something and you completely forget to mix the eggs and sugar first and the cookies flatten lol.

No, they're *goes and looks back* 11xzxzxz. Rrrr.

Haha, I'm no Mr. Baker but what really sucks is if you make cookies or something and you completely forget to mix the eggs and sugar first and the cookies flatten lol.

They actually didn't get flat; that's if you forget flour. My brother did that once and it looked like hell on a cookie sheet, so I've banned him from making cookies solo :lol: Flour sort of makes the shape and adds bulk, and eggs separate it from being lumpy and thick and sort of starchy. They're fine now though, thankfully.

At least when you made cookies they actually came out cookies. When i tried to make cookies they burnt so badly that i had to throw away the pan.:huh:

My mom forgot spaghetti that was boiling once... I mean... she's a good cook... but just one stupid screw up like this lol...

all of the water boiled off, dried the spaghetti back out and started burning. Smelled awful. The pan was trash.

Oh no! Did you set the time for too long? Or did you forget ingredients and then make them the normal time?

That's a pretty spectacular cookie fail...although my brother's was pretty sad...

all of the water boiled off, dried the spaghetti back out and started burning. Smelled awful. The pan was trash.

:lol: I feel better now

Back
Top Bottom