Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm 19, my last year to be in the TEEN fans community. :sad:

Me too! :sad: Sad times, no way am I adult enough to be 20 in March :yikes: Just got to my first U2 show last week (Wembley1) and it was the best gig I've ever ever been to, I really hope they tour again in the not too distant future with SOA. I'm envious of all you guys with U2 shows still to look forward to! :wink:

Hey we're about the same age, I'm 20 in November. I know that post was made months ago, but I quoted it anyway :D This thread restored my faith in teenagers! I suppose I will soon longer be a 'teenage U2 fan'...strange. I've been obsessed since I was 14/15. An interesting ride, cruising through teen-hood amongst a bunch of people I never fit in with :lol:

Oh hey! Just saw you wrote in here :lol:

Me too! :sad: Sad times, no way am I adult enough to be 20 in March :yikes: Just got to my first U2 show last week (Wembley1) and it was the best gig I've ever ever been to, I really hope they tour again in the not too distant future with SOA. I'm envious of all you guys with U2 shows still to look forward to! :wink:

I don't think I'm adult enough to be 20 (in less than a month :ohmy: ) either :yikes: Luckily, I'm looking forward to getting out of my teens just because I see U2 on my birthday and the day after :wink:

I'll be 20 in May, and hoping that the tour hits South America in the near future. My first show was in 2006, and just like you said... best show EVER! Can't wait to see them on this tour. :hyper:

I still have 2:hmm: Fernando , quick! go find the source of youth!!!

I'll be 20 in May, and hoping that the tour hits South America in the near future. My first show was in 2006, and just like you said... best show EVER! Can't wait to see them on this tour. :hyper:

I didn't do any of the Vertigo shows because none of my friends liked the band, actually I don't know anyone my age who likes them, but this time I thought sod it and went by myself :wink: For people here who are my age it seems to be very cool to hate U2, especially Bono, which drives me to distraction haha.
I wrote a half-review here (Not another sodding blog.) of the show I saw, in an effort to win over some of my U2 hating friends :wink: It won't work, ah well, their loss!

I didn't do any of the Vertigo shows because none of my friends liked the band, actually I don't know anyone my age who likes them, but this time I thought sod it and went by myself :wink: For people here who are my age it seems to be very cool to hate U2, especially Bono, which drives me to distraction haha.
I wrote a half-review here (Not another sodding blog.) of the show I saw, in an effort to win over some of my U2 hating friends :wink: It won't work, ah well, their loss!

I understand what you mean. That happened to me a few years ago with another band. Back then nobody liked them and they were a new band and I didn't make it to their first show. To this date I have seen them 4 times though! :lol: And luckily now all of my close friends love that band, so that's not a poblem anymore.

:wave: Welcome, nielsgov! I just recently turned 15, so we're about the same age.

hello all-good to see there's more than one U2 teen out there! :lol: not to be conceited but i worried that the fanbase was me and some 40 yr old women...nothing against them its just exciting to talk to y'all! :wave: I'm almost 15 and you can friend me on facebook, my name is ___

Oh and I am psyched cuz i am seeing u2 in LA!!! Rose Bowl! anyone else there?

i'm 17, gonna be going to the rose bowl on the 25th of October. if anyone wants to chat, here is my facebook. Log In | Facebook

I'll see you guys there! :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
:wave: Hi, it's nice to see that their are other U2 fans of my age because all my friends hate (or just dont like) U2.

Sometimes I try to convert them but they just won't listen most of the time. They that their songs are boring:angry:. I guess U2 is not very popular with young people because they are old.
But they still make great music IMO and that's the only thing that matters for me!

I used to have friends who were quite rude about it actually :angry: I dumped them and made much better friends who weren't mindless jerks :D

Sometimes I try to convert them but they just won't listen most of the time. They that their songs are boring:angry:. I guess U2 is not very popular with young people because they are old.
But they still make great music IMO and that's the only thing that matters for me!

Apparently, as far as our generation is concerned, interesting songs contain lyrics like "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick". Can I vomit now? :yuck:

And last time I checked, they were only in their late 40s. Did they get old overnight? :ohmy: :yikes:
*checks*
Nope, still young! :D Phew!

My friends like Franz Ferdinand and bands like that. And my sister loves Lady Gaga and Britney Spears:doh:. I made her listen to Mofo once and she said she liked it but I don't think she really meant it.

Apparently, as far as our generation is concerned, interesting songs contain lyrics like "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick". Can I vomit now? :yuck:

...Hold up...​

"Can I vomit now"

Sarcasm I assume...

lady_gaga_and_her_teacup_fettish.jpg

Lady GaGa has a Tea Cup...you lose

I'll be nineteen in a month. I'm almost out of the demographic. ;_;
I was known as The Crazy U2 Girl all through high school, hee!

^ :ohmy: You're a teenager too?

Haha, I just always expect people to be older. I too was known as the crazy U2 girl in high school :cute: I'm pretty sure I was called "That Bono girl" by random classmates, and definitely by friends' parents :lol:

Yep I am! Haha, and I do too. It's in my mind that kids don't like U2, even though there is evidence in people like. . . er. . . myself!? Oh, logic. I just graduated high school and look about fourteen lolololololol.

SAME to the "That Bono girl" bit. I remember once I was at my best friend's house and her dad was watching VH1 classic. . . I was in the kitchen when I heard, "OHHH MADDIIIIIEEE" and went out to find Where the Streets Have No Name on the TV and teasing faces on her family's faces. XD

Back
Top Bottom