teenage fans? - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #121
Refugee

Local Time: 05:32 AM
I love these threads for people still in "Boy Era"! , ehhehe. !! I'm 15, my MSN is vicksss289@hotmail.com!! See ya!!

Old 05-26-2005, 05:29 PM   #122
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:32 AM
Heh, I feel like an old man....

I don't remeber when I started liking U2, but it all began with finding THE JOSHUA TREE at a used cd store called Last Vestige in Albany... And then Pride came along and well, that was the end of that.

I like their 80's stuff better myself, but I can respect their new album as well. It is very hard to find good tribute/cover bands for U2, but I recently found some classical covers - "the royal philharmonic orchestra plays U2", and "strung out on U2" (volume 1?). They are actually really good. But most people who try to immatate U2 fail miserably.... so be warned......

I just turned 18 May 6
I am a senior in highschool
and I am very happy about that

It's that wonderful time of the year when you get to be coasting out off into the sunset, and most everything is just downhill....
ahhh...

Sorry, I don't get to bask in the goodness of being a senior too often. I've got plenty of other teenage issues on my mind, too, so don't get me wrong... though I take a philosophical approach to most things.

See you

Old 05-29-2005, 04:15 PM   #123
The Fly

15 here!!! Nobody i know likes U2 so I would love to chat. Email is SnoofyGirl2000@aol.com
Old 06-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #124
The Male

Local Time: 12:32 AM
14, would love to talk.

whp555444@yahoo.com

Seriously, if you need to know anything else, my favorite U2 era is the 90's, but I love the Joshua Tree. I dislike the Unforgettable Fire, but love Rattle And Hum, and I think the two most recent albums are very good. Particularly HTDAAB.

I'm obsessed with music (but I'm getting better ) and I'm working on starting a band. I live in Maryland USA and wish to move down South...either that or up to Boston where I can down some tea at the pub or something. Cheers!

And no one I know around here even knows who U2 is...clean slates. That's all we are is clean slates..

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:32 AM
15 ova here! hey people!
Old 06-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Nice to see more teens here
Old 06-14-2005, 08:17 PM   #127
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Old 06-14-2005, 08:55 PM   #128
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:32 AM
I'm 16, yo, been a fan since 1997 ( POP ) And practically the only U2 fan in my entire school I have maybe three friends that are getting into U2 (partially because of me, mwhahahaha) but everyone else seems to hate U2. Except my chem teacher loved U2... I'll miss him. He let me borrow Under a Blood Red Sky and I in turn let him borrow How to Dismantle. It ruled.

My friends are always making fun of U2...Nick always picks on poor Adam "Who's that old guy in the back? Is he their dad??" and if I ever start singing Vertigo or whatever he'll drown me out with "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH" except he'll go on forever everyone seems to hate U2, even the people that for the most part have good taste in music...I don't get it. There was this one guy who made it a point to say "U2 sucks" everytime I talked to him, real funny the first 20 times, then it just got dumb, all he'd ever do was talk about how much U2 sucks

Good to know I'm not the only one that has to deal with people like these... and it's true, most base their judgement on U2 solely on Elevation and Vertigo (which I think are two great songs, but not really a great representation of what U2 is really about, y'know?).
Old 06-15-2005, 09:35 AM   #129
Refugee

Hi AtomicBono !! i totaly agree with you!! I have the same experiences at school... the other day the art teacher let me listen to War on the cd player, only to get the other students asking "when is it over?", "can i play my cd?" or, most hateful, "the music u listen to sucks", half joking, half serously...

It really annoys me that everyone judges U2 without even knowing a tenth of what they do as musicians, and as ppl too, they might thinkit is an old band, or band old ppl like but it is not so, it is just good music, and that's all that matters!! And what about The Rolling Stones, LEd Zeppelin?? Everyone seems to liek those, although they don't even know what they play, just becasue they are "COOL" feck with what's cool! I have my tastes and i like some cool things, but most are not even close to being cool, adn if U2 isn't cool then gr8 , i love them anyway

I have one, just ONE friend in my school who every now and again likes to listen to U2 with me in my discman, but still, shemocks about the songs or suddenly starts talking to sum1 else or sings another song to the one she's listening!!! not U2 son, in fact.. so figure out!!! She was teh one who lent me some U2 cds cause her dad has some, and when she lent me Pop, she said "i don't like this one too much cause, well, read the title"... i don't understand... pop may not be good in general, yeah Britney Spears... but pop is a gr8 genre and just because rock is cooler no one in my class seems to like it!! I mean, u got to get the message in the songs, even the message in the album title, to judge the music, not just read the title or listen to the album a couple of times...

Anyway, I luv U2, so I don't care, altho it would be nice to have sum1 "hangin' round this neighbourhood" and having my age too who can appreciate how gr8 they r!!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:32 AM
Pop is the greatest album made by anyone ever.

And people that don't like U2 can go die.

The end.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:01 AM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Pop is U2's second worst album, if you say that about any other band it would mean it is bad, but U2's second worst is a great album.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:42 AM   #132
The Fly

15 in a few weeks. mugatu216@hotmail.com or aim: ih8demonchildren

Like U2 since I heard "Elevation" for the first time on the radio.
Started looking them up and was happily surprised that I knew a lot of their old stuff. Pride, with or without you, etc.

Yup. That started my U2 obsession.

And I liked Led Zeppelin before this new obsession with people thinkng their "cool" errupted.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:37 PM   #133
Refugee

So weird this general so-called "uncoolnes" with regards to U2.. i thought it was only over here, nut apparently it is not!! Even on IRELAND!! that's weird... AND ANNOYING!! feck, such bad music is so cool nowadays... ppl are blind!! Or deaf, lol
Old 06-22-2005, 08:02 AM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

U2 are hated by teenages becuase everyone loses there hip hop and crap rap, and there crazy frogs. But one said yesterday "Well U2 are the best rock band out there", which was followed by "There a rock band".
Old 06-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

And just to add, one day I sang some lines out of SYCMOYO and was laughed at.

Then it was put on single and my mates started singing it, so they laugh at u2 then they hear it and love it.