teenage fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: thanks for the info, funny experiences indeed!! Yeah, getting the wrong tickets must suck but... stil gooooooooood :drool: :drool: hehhe

WOW!! 6 days... You must be on cloud 100000000 :p :D hehe

Irishteen said:
My other mate said another thing about U2 today

"How are u2 the worst band in the world"
"Because there shite"
"Name all the songs you know"
"Beautiful Day, that good I quess, Vertigo, Elevation, ad that brillant song, whats its name Sometimes you can't it on your own"

Interesting if U2 are so bad, but they have a brillant song interesting

People are so smart.

I want to get in the ellipse. Anyone here seeing them in Cleveland?

I'm 15 and only one of my mates likes U2, one friend in particular pisses me off with her views on U2.
She's always going on about "My God, Bono is such a bastard, he has such a big head. He thinks just 'cos he does loadsa charity stuff, it makes him king!" It's nice too meet other U2 nuts with a normal opinion on U2....
We all know Bono is a saint, right?

Well, in my school there is abit of everything: the one who says that current U2 sucks, that they were good before and not now, and a girl who seems to be fascinated by them but knows 10 songs approx... doesn't understand what the songs are about, she is totally immature and clueless... well, as a matter of fact, she seems to be fascinated by other bands as well, such as Coldplay or Keane, bands which she must know 10 songs of each as well... :huh: She thinks she's a total fan, and believe it or not, that is worse than people rejecting them... it can be quite a heavy burden to carry sometimes... :madspit:

Oh, BTW, she does all this because she wants to be cool... not becasue she's actually interested in the essence of the music :sigh:

what's teenager to you?

I'm 21, and in a pub last night the guard asked for my ID... as if I were under 18...

I'm still a kid inside...

does any of this works? :wink:

Its offical Irish teenagers do not know U2 recorded at windmill lane studios, but know who The Edge's, in class today this guy comes in late and says

"Sorry sir, was down at Edge's office"
"The Edge or Ms Edge"
Everyone laughs
"Ms Edge sir"
"Good, i thought you had run off to windmill lane studios on us"
Everyone looks blank
"Anyone know who recorded in Windmill lane studios"
After 15 seconds, i decide to answer
"U2"
Everyone looks at me, and are shocked anyone likes U2

Well anyway its glad to see the History of U2 recording studios, seems to be on my History course

pepokiss said:
what's teenager to you?

I'm 21, and in a pub last night the guard asked for my ID... as if I were under 18...

I'm still a kid inside...

does any of this works? :wink:

:lol: well, I'm 16 and I defenitely don't have an ID, but it is funny because most of my friends get fake IDs, which I defenitely can't... they'd just laugh their head off!! :huh: :lol:

Yeah, it defeniteyl works :D

Hey Shorty, don't worry: at least u2 does get mentioned in your class :). In music class the other day the teacher asked what we had listened to the day before, and I said U2, so he said U2 had a powerful bass and it has "rock 'n roll's primary colours", like Edge said, so it was easy to dishinguish guitar from drums and bass, etc., and yes... dead silence there as well... blank faces... :sigh: whatever

VertigoGal said:
On the last day of school I found out U2 was my French teacher's favorite band. But he was kind of an idiot, so I wasn't comforted by that. :wink:

today I just found out that U2 is my physics teacher's favorite band :happy:
I stayed after school to get help in physics and I was wearing my Vertigo '05 shirt from the Chicago show, and he said U2 is his favorite band. and we went into deep discussion about Edge and his guitar playing and Bono.

and after I left, I realized that I didn't learn anything about physics. :| I have a test on thursday too. :giggle:

My mathematics teacher has been a U2 fan since 1982. :ohmy: I didn't even know.. he was my favourite teacher even before that. :happy: He has seen them live 1982 and.. POPMART. I'm insanely jealous..

^ puahah :lol:

that's how i felt when I found out my physics teacher saw U2 during Elevation tour.. :angry:

but hey, i saw them vertigo tour and I'm down with that :happy:

that never crossed my mind. I second your 'insanely jealous' feeling then. :angry:

lemon :drool:

I just realized that your teacher must've seen bono in his muscle man shirt.... :shifty: ....

AND he has seen bono's mullet in action! :ohmy: :lol: so cool! But he didn't see them this tour.. nyahnyahnyah :wink:

i want that lemon! :drool:

Oh anyway.. I have to start saving money for the next tour.. hmm..:hmm:

:lol: I'd just laugh my as off if i found one of my teachers saw U2 live... so cool!!!

I would really love to have been old enough to watch ZooTv and Popmart... Popmart was here in 1998... I remember the signs on the street... omfg I WANT THAT LEMON!!! :mad:

^ hahaha :lol:
that lemon is making us all go crazy.... :shifty:

but to be honest, I don't even recall anything of seeing/hearing about U2 whatsoever in public. :| :slant: but I remember seeing their 'Beautiful Day' music video on tv and I was going completely GAGA over Bono... and I was what like 12 years old? geez. :rolleyes:

sometimes er rather many times, I wish I were born 5-10 years earlier so then I coulda seen a show from ZooTV, PopMart or Elevation tour... :drool: any of those (preferably ZooTV :sexywink:) would be great to see. :happy:

*sofia* said:
AND he has seen bono's mullet in action!

bono's mullet :drool:

:wink:

*sofia* said:
Oh anyway.. I have to start saving money for the next tour.. hmm..:hmm:

haha.... I'm already on top of that........ :shifty:

by the time they tour again, I'll be in college.. in other words, financial aid and whatnot.
:hmm: do I hear a couple GA tickets calling my name?..

My only problem is that if U2 decides not to come to finland (last time they did the popmart show) I have to go to sweden and.. that'll cost me. :huh: people, people, give me a JOB!

My only problem is that if U2 decides not to come to finland (last time they did the popmart show) I have to go to sweden and.. that'll cost me. :huh: people, people, give me a JOB!

:lol: yeah, I need a job as well... :( And I need them here, too, because if not I'd be rather aimlessly... Hopefully, they'll expand Vertigo to next year :prays: :)

I'm still hoping that they'll come here next year.. they won't though, but just MAYBE..
Come on come on! No elevation, no vertigo.... :(

well, sweden it is for me, then. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom