teenage fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heh, I feel like an old man....

I don't remeber when I started liking U2, but it all began with finding THE JOSHUA TREE at a used cd store called Last Vestige in Albany... And then Pride came along and well, that was the end of that.

I like their 80's stuff better myself, but I can respect their new album as well. It is very hard to find good tribute/cover bands for U2, but I recently found some classical covers - "the royal philharmonic orchestra plays U2", and "strung out on U2" (volume 1?). They are actually really good. But most people who try to immatate U2 fail miserably.... so be warned......

I just turned 18 :D May 6
I am a senior in highschool
and I am very happy about that

It's that wonderful time of the year when you get to be coasting out off into the sunset, and most everything is just downhill....
ahhh... :)

Sorry, I don't get to bask in the goodness of being a senior too often. I've got plenty of other teenage issues on my mind, too, so don't get me wrong... though I take a philosophical approach to most things.

See you

Last edited:
14, would love to talk.

whp555444@yahoo.com

:sigh:

:lol:

Seriously, if you need to know anything else, my favorite U2 era is the 90's, but I love the Joshua Tree. I dislike the Unforgettable Fire, but love Rattle And Hum, and I think the two most recent albums are very good. Particularly HTDAAB.

I'm obsessed with music (but I'm getting better :wink: ) and I'm working on starting a band. I live in Maryland USA and wish to move down South...either that or up to Boston where I can down some tea at the pub or something. Cheers! :D

And no one I know around here even knows who U2 is...clean slates. That's all we are is clean slates.. :wink:

Last edited:
I'm 16, yo, been a fan since 1997 ( :heart: POP :heart: ) And practically the only U2 fan in my entire school :| I have maybe three friends that are getting into U2 (partially because of me, mwhahahaha) but everyone else seems to hate U2. Except my chem teacher loved U2... :drool: I'll miss him. He let me borrow Under a Blood Red Sky and I in turn let him borrow How to Dismantle. It ruled.

My friends are always making fun of U2...Nick always picks on poor Adam "Who's that old guy in the back? Is he their dad??" and if I ever start singing Vertigo or whatever he'll drown me out with "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH" except he'll go on forever :huh: everyone seems to hate U2, even the people that for the most part have good taste in music...I don't get it. There was this one guy who made it a point to say "U2 sucks" everytime I talked to him, real funny the first 20 times, then it just got dumb, all he'd ever do was talk about how much U2 sucks :madspit:

Good to know I'm not the only one that has to deal with people like these... and it's true, most base their judgement on U2 solely on Elevation and Vertigo (which I think are two great songs, but not really a great representation of what U2 is really about, y'know?).

:wave: Hi AtomicBono !! i totaly agree with you!! I have the same experiences at school... the other day the art teacher let me listen to War on the cd player, only to get the other students asking "when is it over?", "can i play my cd?" or, most hateful, "the music u listen to sucks", half joking, half serously...
:madspit:

It really annoys me that everyone judges U2 without even knowing a tenth of what they do as musicians, and as ppl too, they might thinkit is an old band, or band old ppl like but it is not so, it is just good music, and that's all that matters!! And what about The Rolling Stones, LEd Zeppelin?? Everyone seems to liek those, although they don't even know what they play, just becasue they are "COOL" :mad: feck with what's cool! I have my tastes and i like some cool things, but most are not even close to being cool, adn if U2 isn't cool then gr8 :D , i love them anyway :tongue:

I have one, just ONE friend in my school who every now and again likes to listen to U2 with me in my discman, but still, shemocks about the songs or suddenly starts talking to sum1 else or sings another song to the one she's listening!!! :huh: not U2 son, in fact.. so figure out!!! She was teh one who lent me some U2 cds cause her dad has some, and when she lent me Pop, she said "i don't like this one too much cause, well, read the title"... i don't understand... pop may not be good in general, yeah Britney Spears... but pop is a gr8 genre and just because rock is cooler no one in my class seems to like it!! :huh: I mean, u got to get the message in the songs, even the message in the album title, to judge the music, not just read the title or listen to the album a couple of times...

Anyway, I luv U2, so I don't care, altho it would be nice to have sum1 "hangin' round this neighbourhood" and having my age too who can appreciate how gr8 they r!! :heart: :up:

Pop is U2's second worst album, if you say that about any other band it would mean it is bad, but U2's second worst is a great album.

15 in a few weeks. mugatu216@hotmail.com or aim: ih8demonchildren

Like U2 since I heard "Elevation" for the first time on the radio.
Started looking them up and was happily surprised that I knew a lot of their old stuff. Pride, with or without you, etc.

Yup. That started my U2 obsession. :)

And I liked Led Zeppelin before this new obsession with people thinkng their "cool" errupted. :wink:

Last edited:
So weird this general so-called "uncoolnes" with regards to U2.. i thought it was only over here, nut apparently it is not!! Even on IRELAND!! that's weird... AND ANNOYING!! feck, such bad music is so cool nowadays... ppl are blind!! Or deaf, lol :D

U2 are hated by teenages becuase everyone loses there hip hop and crap rap, and there crazy frogs. But one said yesterday "Well U2 are the best rock band out there", which was followed by "There a rock band".

And just to add, one day I sang some lines out of SYCMOYO and was laughed at.

Then it was put on single and my mates started singing it, so they laugh at u2 then they hear it and love it.

Irishteen said:
And just to add, one day I sang some lines out of SYCMOYO and was laughed at.

Then it was put on single and my mates started singing it, so they laugh at u2 then they hear it and love it.

Hey Shorty!! :wave: Well, maybe it is fashionable to laugh at them... all I know is today I tried to put JT on art class and most started: "oh, not again", still, I can say quite some liked it :wink: .. but well, there's these 3 girls who didn't want me to play the CD and asked me if they could listen to the radio, and I very politely answered that please when the CD ended, and it ended almost when the class was over :lol:, but still they had some time to listen to the radio. So then I said: "hey, will you put away the cd player yourself?" and teh answered "no way"... :madspit: So they not only have sulky taste in music, they are also quite unpolite: if I bring the player and must put it back to its place too (it is the school's), then feck your opinions with respect to whick music to listen to too!! :mad:

Note: I only put the CD on the CD player cos I left my discman's batteries at home charging, :madspit: otherwise I would of course have avoided the whole argument again...

G O U 2 !! :rockon:

kids............. :|

I hope U2 can guide you to a higher existance. I guess that is all I have to say, heh. I know they helped me out a lot, and still do

:wink:

VicksSs said:
So weird this general so-called "uncoolnes" with regards to U2.. i thought it was only over here, nut apparently it is not!! Even on IRELAND!! that's weird... AND ANNOYING!! feck, such bad music is so cool nowadays... ppl are blind!! Or deaf, lol :D

yeah I know. :shrug:

i cant think of very many other bands who enjoy the same level of uncoolness. most people may not be into springsteen or REM or whatever, but they don't hate them.

oh well :D

Irishteen said:
Pop is U2's second worst album, if you say that about any other band it would mean it is bad, but U2's second worst is a great album.
Pop is my 3rd favourite album after Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree!

Im 18 years old myself, 19 in August.
I think I must be the only U2 fan I know!
Hardly surprising though because Im surrounded by rap-loving chavs...:(

:wave: hey hedgehog! (funny name :lol:)

Yeah, well, over here they don't listen to rap, but they listen to " national rock" which is quite bad in most cases and totally shallow... :huh:

Can't be as bad as the rap lovers down here though, god I hate rap music :( although I did have a good laugh at watching a chav attempt to sing some lyrics to a rap song the other day.:laugh:

The "hedgehog" thing comes from my hairstyle, people gave me the nickname "hedgehog" (not a very witty nickname :eyebrow:, but hey, it stuck with me for a good few years now :)).

Yeah, rap is quite awful, but please, imagine ppl pushing themselves so much in a concert that they end up taking your pants off :huh: and, in the middle of the show, THE BAND takes their pants off and are wearing thongs, and they start shaking their ass... disgusting!:ohmy: The worst thing is people consider that to be cool, come on, what do you go to a show to, the last thing they do is enjoy music! :madspit: A friend told me that happened to her just a week ago... :|

Anyway, yeah, rap music is sulky most times and, imo, monotonous.. i listen to the same beat over and over again... boring!

LOL, the nickname's good, and I might be a bit dumb, :D, but I didn't imagine where it came from, hehe, it is good! (Well, maybe that's because I didn't see your hair
:wink: ) :D

98% of rap is a load of crap, oover 99% of U2 is brillant, how is rap more popular. Eninem is finished his last album ruin him, one of the tracks is him getting sick. Mosh and Like Toy Soldiers I like but thats 2 on a album of what 12 songs, go away rap, or become good.

when you think about rap, the main topics are... about the opposite gender, certain body parts about the oppposite gender (ex. boobs, ass), ''shaking what your momma gave you'', sex, drugs, alcohol, cars, being rich or in other words ''rolling in dough'' haha

when rap becomes good, someone call me and inform me to listen to the radio again. but for now, I'll stick to my beautiful U2 iPod :wink:

but to be honest, the only rapper that I like is Kanye West :reject: he's my guilty musical pleasure, ONLY because he has the song Jesus Walks :D

yeah, rap is pretty bad. i like some eminem songs and everything, but most of it is shit. there are a couple i like, i just honestly cant think of them right now. one song i really hated though was that mockingbird song. now i love darker songs, songs about life's struggles, you name it. but that song was so self-pitying and opportunistic that it just made me want to tell that dude, "shit happens, ive got my own problems, so shut up." as if we didnt know he was an ass before. :D

on the plus side, a few months back when the pope died, we took a vote in my french class (we never actually did anything involving french in that class) and bono won for the new pope. whaddaya know :shrug:

Rap :yuck:
I can`t tell the difference between each song! hellooo?? Can`t they just realize that they are just yelling bullshit that rhymes? I was once at a consert with a really cool rock band, and some rappers were there as their supporting act. They played a couple of songs, and when they were done, about half of the audience left!!! They were just there because of these stupid rappers (which sucked, by the way). I don`t get it!

Some Eminem songs are pretty cool.. But that`s about it.

oh, and hey Vicky!:wave:

I have decided I'm gonna prove to my friend two points, one that u2 are good, and two they are a rock band, I will make a brillant cd of U2 rock.

:wink: nice idea! LOL, I agree with you all!! Of course, there's always an exception, but rap is mostly baaaddd... in general, no message at all, especially most of the well-known rap singers: I can't stand Eminem, not his music (but anyway I don't like it :D), but him as a person. Every pic I've ever seen of him, he's doing "the bad gesture with the middle finger" to the camera :huh: . If you are so pissed, why the heck do you take pictures?? :shrug:

:wave: And hey Mars!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom