teenage fans? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2005, 04:23 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:13 AM
yeh the City of Manchester stadium. the one where the Commonwealth games were held a couple of years ago. it's in June so here's hopin the weather will be good. should be but even if it's not i don't really care. unless the band get electrocuted or somethin lol

ahh poor old u with school. its an evil place ain't it lol

and pay some more attention to your fish!!

Old 02-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:13 PM
lol we don't want U2 to get bbq now do we?? Noooo.....

I've been reading up on how to sneak the camera into the show...seems like the best way is to crotch it Not something I really want to do but I guess it's worse if a guy did it.
Hope the security people aren't as up tight as they sound!

School is taking up too much time....I can't pop on here as much as I'd like!

lol my fish are fine! They can make do with the attention my dad gives them!

Old 02-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i'm gonna take a camera definitely. dunno whether i wanna crotch it to be honest, i want my U2 experience to be as comfortable as possible! anyway on the boston/slane DVDs there's loads of people taking pictures on them.

well i start university in september and i don't think i'll have internet access in my room so i won't be hardly able to come on here at all

oh well. less than five months now till the big day!
Old 02-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I really want that Boston DVD...I hear so much about it!!! It's sold out in all the stores apparently

Good luck in University!! I actually start in september too....I just got an acceptance letter last week. I'm pretty nervous... Although I will get to stay in the comforts of my own home so I can still pop on here if my homework load will allow it.

What are you planning study in university?
Old 02-20-2005, 04:46 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie

the boston DVD is great. the version of Streets.. on there is just amazing (then again it always is).

Im gonna do history at uni, it's the only thing i really good at. i'm no good at science, maths, art and design, lanaguages lol im awful at all that. english and history were the only things i was any good at. what are you gonna study?
i can't wait to go but im still a bit nervous as well.

u know, the day that i got accepted at the uni i wanted to go to was the same day as the big ticket fiasco on U2.com. that was just about the only thing that made me happy that day lol
Old 02-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I really gotta hunt me down a copy of that Boston DVD!!!

LOL I'm planning to study sciences and maybe get into nursing...but I'll see how that goes....I don't think I could ever major in english. Absolutely hate writing essays, sadly I still have many mores of that! I'd like to take criminology just for the hell of it but I hear it's damn hard!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:27 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

criminology would be well cool! good luck on your sciences. yeh i did english last yr at college at a higher level and it was well hard! wasn't like writing essays, was analysing text and stuff with verbs and all that. hated it!

the boston DVD is really good. cost me £20 which was quite a lot for a DVd but was well worth it! the version of I Will Follow is really good as well.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:32 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Oh god I hate analyzing stuff....goodness when it comes to poetry, it's complete hell for me. Teacher's always say there is no wrong answer to analyzing poems...such hypocrites!!

These concert DVD's cost so much!! They cost even more than movies and they have tons of special features that come with it as well....

I never thought I Will Follow was on their first album until I saw their discography! I was totally shocked cause it sounded like pretty recent stuff! I guess that's just proof of how amazing U2's music is.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:58 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie

lol are you saying you do not own a copy of Boy??

yeh I Will Follow is a great tune, sounds really modern and not dated at all considerin its 25 years old!

yeh i hated analysing poetry. mainly because i despise poems! they just do nothing for me so trying to pick out metaphors and meanings ect.. just makes it worse!! glad ive found someone that hates poems as much as i do!
Old 02-24-2005, 07:41 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:13 PM
Hey!

I'm 14 too!

See ya around...
Old 02-25-2005, 12:08 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
lol are you saying you do not own a copy of Boy??

yeh I Will Follow is a great tune, sounds really modern and not dated at all considerin its 25 years old!

yeh i hated analysing poetry. mainly because i despise poems! they just do nothing for me so trying to pick out metaphors and meanings ect.. just makes it worse!! glad ive found someone that hates poems as much as i do!
*hangs head in shame* no....I don't have a copy .....But once I get money it'll be the next album I buy!

When I first heard it on SNL I thought it was another new song from HTDAAB (I didn't own the album then). It's just the style doesn't sound like anything from the 80's.

lol I never saw the purpose in finding metaphors...I don't see how that will benefit me in my future career. There are so many things we learn in school that we'll never need, like soil....seriously?? All I need to know is that it makes up the groud beneath my feet!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie

u beta get the album! IWF is a great song to kick it off but i prefer Out of Control. just awesome. yeh those 2 songs don't sound very eighties at all, which can only be a good thing.

metaphors, verbs, vowels, nouns ect... blah blah blah. i made a big mistake in taking higher level English lol

i think every single science lesson i ever had was a waste of time in some form or another cos im never going to need ANYTHING i was taught in them in the future! i just about managed to get a C in science in the end lol
Old 02-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Aren't you demanding? LOL
Don't worry next time I go to the mall, the first thing I'll do is run into the music store and grab the CD!

I just watched my Best of DVD (again for the billionth time) I absolutely love MOFO, it's such a spunky song!! Really makes you want to jump around!

I was never good at subjects and predicates...had a hell of a time with those...I still get verbs and adjectives mixed up at times. You'd think that speaking English all your life, you would be able to differentiate these things....ah well...
Old 02-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #59
The Fly

Local Time: 01:13 AM
I'm 15! Can you give me your e-mail, VertigoGal?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie

damn right your gonna grab that CD! buy it and show it who's boss!

yeh i've always thought mofo is such a spunky song........lol it's strange. it's like the saddest lyrics with the craziest beat they've ever done lol

i've realised that after a big saturday night out there's nothing better than watching U2's 'best of' DVD on a sunday morning in bed lol (well that's what i did anyway!). i didn't actually watch Mofo but then again i'm not normally in much of a mood to jump about on a sunday mornin lol