teenage fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I met them at GM Place when they were here to rehearse! The thread is in PLEBA. I've got pics up but they're kind of blurred up.

lol who cares if he wouldn't shut up! I could probably stand there listening to him all day :D

My beach house thing was actually not by the beach at all! It was on a highway in the middle of no where, the beach was a 20 min walk away but it was very beautiful! :)
There was 13 of us and only one washroom so you can imagine just how nasty it got by the 4th day.....:huh: The toilet got clogged up too, pretty gross. We went on a hike in a forest trail and I ended up coming out with mud up to my knees but if was fun! :up:

Of course I missed inteference!! Although if my friend who went to meet U2 with me hadn't brought her camera with her that contained the U2 pics I probably would have died. lol
I had to stare at those pics everyday for like 10 min. and get my fills. :laugh:

Cool! That's a great idea! And now you won't have to worry about crotching a camera :wink:

I'm 23!

Bruce Springsteen: "You know, when I reached 20 I thought, now I'm getting old! Then came all the years after it, and I just laugh about it" --> "Glory Days"

:wink:

I'm 14, Shorty11857@hotmail.com . And i want to say something, why do people think everyone loves U2 here, I am the only person in my class of 25 who likes them, so I am very unpopular, and got slagged for a week for taking a U2 CD into school to listen to in art class, now i do it every day, why because U2 are the best band I ever listened too, and I don't care what other people think. Another thing happened that day as well, since I listened to U2 I was offered a ticket to go to Westlife, and from another person offered me a ticket for one of the loudest bands I ever heard, I rejected both tickets, wanted to burn the westlife one, and they replied to me, but you like U2, so even here people don't know what music U2 play. Well me da got me away from the sub-par music, and made me a fan of U2, Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore, Queen, Aslan, Oasis, and my ma wants me to get into Meatloaf, but got me into U2 as well, so you could say I come from a U2 family, even my 5 year old sister who loves pop music, knows Pride off by heart.

hey irishteen. :wave: finally someone else who's 14! (everyone seems to be 15...)

yeah, it sucks being a teenage u2 fan. most people seem to think they're not "hard" or "grunge" enough. older bands like the doors, zeppelin, bob marley, etc are cool again, but for some reason U2 didn't make the cut.:|

I only know a few people who actually like them, and there are 550 people in my grade. One girl is obsessed with Mothers of the Disappeared, I think it might be the only one of their songs she listens to. The other girl says her fav songs are Vertigo and Bloody Sunday, although I think she mostly like them because she's Irish and is obsessed with all things Irish and tells me everyday how she's gonna go ride horses in Ireland or something, lol...

pretty sad though, that they don't even have a good teen fanbase in their hometown!:huh:

more tix for us though!:drool:

I know, but most people say they hate U2 to be cool, I hate people who do that, My friend loves ATYCLB, pride, vertigo, and SYCMIOYO, but still calls U2 the worlds worst band. By the way if anyone wants to e-mail me, or add me to there msn feel free.

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
hey irishteen. :wave: finally someone else who's 14! (everyone seems to be 15...)

yeah, it sucks being a teenage u2 fan. most people seem to think they're not "hard" or "grunge" enough. older bands like the doors, zeppelin, bob marley, etc are cool again, but for some reason U2 didn't make the cut.:|

I only know a few people who actually like them, and there are 550 people in my grade. One girl is obsessed with Mothers of the Disappeared, I think it might be the only one of their songs she listens to. The other girl says her fav songs are Vertigo and Bloody Sunday, although I think she mostly like them because she's Irish and is obsessed with all things Irish and tells me everyday how she's gonna go ride horses in Ireland or something, lol...

pretty sad though, that they don't even have a good teen fanbase in their hometown!:huh:

more tix for us though!:drool:

I know what you mean.
there's this girl who's obsessed with U2 because of 'Beautiful Day' and she doesnt' like any of their other stuff, only that song.. :eyebrow: it frustrates me because she hates Vertigo and shows no respect to the rest of the music/albums that U2 has done. and she tries to TALK to me about U2... uhRIGHT :scratch: :coocoo:...

all the teenage idiots at my school listen to either rap or some punkband. i like punk and have a decent amount of respect for rap, but i don't like it when people shun out U2 and disrespect them. :sigh:

but i suppose it's about maturity and how understanding you are to other music genres and whatnot. it just pisses me off when people exclude U2 when U2 has been around longer than they've been alive. :mad:

youtooellen said:

I know what you mean.
there's this girl who's obsessed with U2 because of 'Beautiful Day' and she doesnt' like any of their other stuff, only that song.. :eyebrow: it frustrates me because she hates Vertigo and shows no respect to the rest of the music/albums that U2 has done. and she tries to TALK to me about U2... uhRIGHT :scratch: :coocoo:...

all the teenage idiots at my school listen to either rap or some punkband. i like punk and have a decent amount of respect for rap, but i don't like it when people shun out U2 and disrespect them. :sigh:

but i suppose it's about maturity and how understanding you are to other music genres and whatnot. it just pisses me off when people exclude U2 when U2 has been around longer than they've been alive. :mad:

My class around 20 on average here is how it lines up
1- U2 fan
2- Think U2 are decent
1- Thinks U2 are alright
16- Think u2 are the worst band ever

"All U2 fans have a bad taste in Music, "
"They sold out over a quater of a million seats in Ireland"
" That proves there are just alot of people with a bad taste in music"

"U2 have never made a good song they are terrible"
"How many U2 songs have you heard"
"1, Elevation and I hated it"
"You never heard Beutiful Day"
"Okay that song is great but they never made another good one"
" You only heard one other one"
" So"

My class around 20 on average here is how it lines up
1- U2 fan
2- Think U2 are decent
1- Thinks U2 are alright
16- Think u2 are the worst band ever

"All U2 fans have a bad taste in Music, "
"They sold out over a quater of a million seats in Ireland"
" That proves there are just alot of people with a bad taste in music"

"U2 have never made a good song they are terrible"
"How many U2 songs have you heard"
"1, Elevation and I hated it"
"You never heard Beutiful Day"
"Okay that song is great but they never made another good one"
" You only heard one other one"
" So"

how idiotic. that's similar with the people at my school.
for some reason they think that U2 suck and they think that anyone who listens to U2 has horrible taste in music.

everyone at my school judge U2 off of their recent few albums and it pisses me off.

i can't wait to get out of high school :|

youtooellen said:

lucky you :madspit:
i have two more.
I'm gonna be a junior and from what I'm hearing/seeing (my brother is currently a junior), it's gonna suck. :sad:

I'd like to tell you otherwise, but 'fraid so. You'll survive. :hug:

One bright side to junior year(that is, if you're into it):prom! :D

My advice: Coffee. Lots of coffee.

I'd like to tell you otherwise, but 'fraid so. You'll survive. :hug:

One bright side to junior year(that is, if you're into it):prom! :D

My advice: Coffee. Lots of coffee.

:|
haha prom..
me and my friends avoid any school events. (ex. dances, football games, etc.) instead, we hang about and party on our own :wink:

and thanks for the advice.
but unfortunately, i already drink too much :drool:
as a result, my mom freaks out now if she sees any form of caffeine in my hands... :huh:

youtooellen said:

:|
haha prom..
me and my friends avoid any school events. (ex. dances, football games, etc.) instead, we hang about and party on our own :wink:

and thanks for the advice.
but unfortunately, i already drink too much :drool:
as a result, my mom freaks out now if she sees any form of caffeine in my hands... :huh:

Hey, it's not for everyone. I went to mine and had a blast. But to each their own.

I need at least 2 cups of coffee to survive in the morning.

Hey, it's not for everyone. I went to mine and had a blast. But to each their own.

I need at least 2 cups of coffee to survive in the morning.

a bunch of my friends told me their prom was lame because a couple jocks and their dates killed the fun. i suppose that's why i'm so ... inactive with my school activites. people always ruin the fun for me. :|
but I'm very glad you had a blast at yours :)

:yikes: two cups?

after two cups in the morning.. this is me.. :crazy: ..
but i suppose it depends on what kind.
when it's iced and i chug it down, this is me.. :drunk:

either way. not a pretty sight. :slant:

youtooellen said:

a bunch of my friends told me their prom was lame because a couple jocks and their dates killed the fun. i suppose that's why i'm so ... inactive with my school activites. people always ruin the fun for me. :|
but I'm very glad you had a blast at yours :)

:yikes: two cups?

after two cups in the morning.. this is me.. :crazy: ..
but i suppose it depends on what kind.
when it's iced and i chug it down, this is me.. :drunk:

either way. not a pretty sight. :slant:

:laugh:

I went solo with my friends. It was a girls night out. :)

youtooellen said:

how idiotic. that's similar with the people at my school.
for some reason they think that U2 suck and they think that anyone who listens to U2 has horrible taste in music.

everyone at my school judge U2 off of their recent few albums and it pisses me off.

i can't wait to get out of high school :|

I love U2's new albums, but they were the best in the Eights , but they are still way abvove the pack.

im 14 been a U2 fan for 6 years or so, none of my friends can get into it they just make fun of vertigo an base that as a reason 2 say they suck

attentionbaby91 said:
hey every1 im 16 bin a U2 fan for nearly 2 yrs now. goin 2 my 1st live show this year 27th June @ croke park. wot bout u?
so gr8!!!!! 27th June is my B-day (1989) hehe and I never went to a live show!! So i envy u A LOT!!! in a good sense!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom