teenage fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats awesome! I've never listened to snow patrol and I know nothing about them so I have no clue how popular they are over here.
I just discovered my teachers got tickets to the show too.....that'll be weird.

lol!!! i think if i saw one of my old teachers at a U2 gig i'd be lost for words lol wouldn't know what to say ha ha. can't imagine jumping up and down to 'i will follow' with my old maths teacher next to me lol

LOL!! Although my seats are probably on the same level as my teachers, I'm pretty sure they are at least 5 sections away from me so it's all good! :D

lol that is good then. the only time i ever see my old teachers is if i see them around in a supermarket maybe and even then i try not to make eye contact lol so seein one of them at a bloody U2 gig........lol.

ah im up far too late again, feel like a computer geek (im not by the way lol just to clarify). this dude needs to get some sleep!

lol seeing teachers having any sort of outside social life is weird enough. Awkward how that is isn't? I find it weird seeing a teacher going to a movie...I know they're people too but it sure as hell doesn't feel like they are.

lol your not a computer, just a geek :wink: (kidding :eeklaugh:)
Good night! :D

haha teachers aren't allowed to have a social life. well when they get past a certain age they probably don't have one anyway lol i think my nan has more of an active social life than my dad!

btw do u know how long the tickets take to come for the shows?

Jeez I just heard another teacher trying to buy U2 tickets off another teacher...creepy...:huh: And what's worse is each teacher that is going seems to have over 4 tickets each and they are all around my area of nosebleeds....

LOL that's hilarious! My dad doesn't have much of a social life either. He spends his weekends catching up on sleep!

I don't know but I read somewhere that someone got their tickets for the Vancouver show and the sales where just a week ago.

Last edited:
i still ain't got my tickets yet. they better come soon cos all i got is my silly print out from Ticketmaster and that's not good enough!

i think u should wear sunglasses or some sort of hat when u go to the show then so u can't get recognised by your teachers lol

To be fair me and your dad could be on the same wavelength cos i sleep most of the weekend sleeping although for probably different reasons to your dad! i.e. friday and saturday nights out require lots of sleep the next morning!:dancing: :drunk: :yawn: lol

I still haven't checked the status of my tickets so who knows what's going on with mine...although i really should check soon, don't want to find out a week before the concert that my tickets were cancelled or something LOL....:D

lol I probably should wear sunglasses, a hat and a mustache just in case!

Well my dad's social life is at a stand still.....he doesn't really go out much anymore unless it's for groceries or something. Maybe it's all that fish tank cleaning that's making him sleepy (although our fish tank is pretty small).:shrug:

lol i've just noticed that this conv is going off in a very strange direction talking about dads and fish tanks and mustaches! lol

i just read that here in the UK tickets don't arrive for the show until a couple of weeks before it. im gonna be nervous for the next five months or so in that case cos i want my tickets now! grrr

lol no kidding....well just to make this conv stranger, my fish get bloated so we feed them peas, which supposebly stops the bloating but so far it doesn't seem to have done much.:confused:

Guess you won't be sleeping to much for the next 5 months either with all that worrying! Although I think I should be more worried, I read people already have alredy gotten their tix for the Vancouver show....:huh:

ha ha the nerves are coming already. i will be one jealous guy when u get those tickets in your hand and i still haven't got mine lol

how did the fish get bloated in the first place? what were u feeding them in the first place? not that im a fountain of knowledge when it comes to fish however it must be said lol

Tickets are still not here!!! I should have just chose to pick them up myself at the ticket center :madspit:

You know I really don't know why my fish get bloated...I use to feed them regular fish food. Maybe my fish have been swimming in their excretions too long and all the chemicals are getting to them....although my dad does clean the tank once a week! :shrug:

i think u should start bombarding ticketmaster with angry phone calls lol

ive got this really bad feeling that for my U2 show it's gonna rain lol (mine is at an outdoor stadium)

i think u and your dad need to show them fish some love lol

LOL maybe I should after all my projects and stuff are done...aghh such a nasty month with school....

outdoor stadium eh?? thats cool! When is your concert? is it in the summer?? You have more important things to worry about than the weather! You're going to see U2 LIVE!!! What's a little rain going to do??

I haven't been paying attention to my fish for awhile now...LOL Maybe they are deprived of love!:wink:

yeh the City of Manchester stadium. the one where the Commonwealth games were held a couple of years ago. it's in June so here's hopin the weather will be good. should be but even if it's not i don't really care. unless the band get electrocuted or somethin lol

ahh poor old u with school. its an evil place ain't it lol

and pay some more attention to your fish!!

lol we don't want U2 to get bbq now do we?? Noooo.....

I've been reading up on how to sneak the camera into the show...seems like the best way is to crotch it :huh: Not something I really want to do but I guess it's worse if a guy did it.
Hope the security people aren't as up tight as they sound!

School is taking up too much time....I can't pop on here as much as I'd like! :madspit:

lol my fish are fine! They can make do with the attention my dad gives them! :wink:

i'm gonna take a camera definitely. dunno whether i wanna crotch it to be honest, i want my U2 experience to be as comfortable as possible! anyway on the boston/slane DVDs there's loads of people taking pictures on them.

well i start university in september and i don't think i'll have internet access in my room so i won't be hardly able to come on here at all :sad:

oh well. less than five months now till the big day!

I really want that Boston DVD...I hear so much about it!!! It's sold out in all the stores apparently:madspit:

Good luck in University!! I actually start in september too....I just got an acceptance letter last week. I'm pretty nervous...:huh: Although I will get to stay in the comforts of my own home so I can still pop on here if my homework load will allow it.

What are you planning study in university?

the boston DVD is great. the version of Streets.. on there is just amazing (then again it always is).

Im gonna do history at uni, it's the only thing i really good at. i'm no good at science, maths, art and design, lanaguages lol im awful at all that. english and history were the only things i was any good at. what are you gonna study?
i can't wait to go but im still a bit nervous as well.

u know, the day that i got accepted at the uni i wanted to go to was the same day as the big ticket fiasco on U2.com. that was just about the only thing that made me happy that day lol

I really gotta hunt me down a copy of that Boston DVD!!!

LOL I'm planning to study sciences and maybe get into nursing...but I'll see how that goes....I don't think I could ever major in english. Absolutely hate writing essays, sadly I still have many mores of that! I'd like to take criminology just for the hell of it but I hear it's damn hard!

criminology would be well cool! good luck on your sciences. yeh i did english last yr at college at a higher level and it was well hard! wasn't like writing essays, was analysing text and stuff with verbs and all that. hated it!

the boston DVD is really good. cost me £20 which was quite a lot for a DVd but was well worth it! the version of I Will Follow is really good as well.

Oh god I hate analyzing stuff....goodness when it comes to poetry, it's complete hell for me. Teacher's always say there is no wrong answer to analyzing poems...such hypocrites!! :madspit:

These concert DVD's cost so much!! They cost even more than movies and they have tons of special features that come with it as well....

I never thought I Will Follow was on their first album until I saw their discography! I was totally shocked cause it sounded like pretty recent stuff! I guess that's just proof of how amazing U2's music is. :wink:

lol are you saying you do not own a copy of Boy?? :ohmy:

yeh I Will Follow is a great tune, sounds really modern and not dated at all considerin its 25 years old!

yeh i hated analysing poetry. mainly because i despise poems! they just do nothing for me so trying to pick out metaphors and meanings ect.. just makes it worse!! glad ive found someone that hates poems as much as i do!

1stepcloser said:
lol are you saying you do not own a copy of Boy?? :ohmy:

yeh I Will Follow is a great tune, sounds really modern and not dated at all considerin its 25 years old!

yeh i hated analysing poetry. mainly because i despise poems! they just do nothing for me so trying to pick out metaphors and meanings ect.. just makes it worse!! glad ive found someone that hates poems as much as i do!

*hangs head in shame* no....I don't have a copy :(.....But once I get money it'll be the next album I buy! :D

When I first heard it on SNL I thought it was another new song from HTDAAB (I didn't own the album then). It's just the style doesn't sound like anything from the 80's.

lol I never saw the purpose in finding metaphors...I don't see how that will benefit me in my future career. There are so many things we learn in school that we'll never need, like soil....seriously?? All I need to know is that it makes up the groud beneath my feet!:madspit:

u beta get the album! IWF is a great song to kick it off but i prefer Out of Control. just awesome. yeh those 2 songs don't sound very eighties at all, which can only be a good thing.

metaphors, verbs, vowels, nouns ect... blah blah blah. i made a big mistake in taking higher level English lol

i think every single science lesson i ever had was a waste of time in some form or another cos im never going to need ANYTHING i was taught in them in the future! i just about managed to get a C in science in the end lol

Aren't you demanding? LOL
Don't worry next time I go to the mall, the first thing I'll do is run into the music store and grab the CD!

I just watched my Best of DVD (again for the billionth time) I absolutely love MOFO, it's such a spunky song!! :D Really makes you want to jump around!

I was never good at subjects and predicates...had a hell of a time with those...I still get verbs and adjectives mixed up at times. You'd think that speaking English all your life, you would be able to differentiate these things....ah well...

damn right your gonna grab that CD! buy it and show it who's boss!

yeh i've always thought mofo is such a spunky song........lol it's strange. it's like the saddest lyrics with the craziest beat they've ever done lol

i've realised that after a big saturday night out there's nothing better than watching U2's 'best of' DVD on a sunday morning in bed lol (well that's what i did anyway!). i didn't actually watch Mofo but then again i'm not normally in much of a mood to jump about on a sunday mornin lol

Back
Top Bottom