teenage fans? - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishteen
And just to add, one day I sang some lines out of SYCMOYO and was laughed at.

Then it was put on single and my mates started singing it, so they laugh at u2 then they hear it and love it.
Hey Shorty!! Well, maybe it is fashionable to laugh at them... all I know is today I tried to put JT on art class and most started: "oh, not again", still, I can say quite some liked it .. but well, there's these 3 girls who didn't want me to play the CD and asked me if they could listen to the radio, and I very politely answered that please when the CD ended, and it ended almost when the class was over , but still they had some time to listen to the radio. So then I said: "hey, will you put away the cd player yourself?" and teh answered "no way"... So they not only have sulky taste in music, they are also quite unpolite: if I bring the player and must put it back to its place too (it is the school's), then feck your opinions with respect to whick music to listen to too!!

Note: I only put the CD on the CD player cos I left my discman's batteries at home charging, otherwise I would of course have avoided the whole argument again...

G O U 2 !!

Old 06-22-2005, 11:52 PM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:49 AM
kids.............

I hope U2 can guide you to a higher existance. I guess that is all I have to say, heh. I know they helped me out a lot, and still do

Old 06-23-2005, 01:35 PM   #138
Refugee

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2005, 07:59 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by VicksSs
So weird this general so-called "uncoolnes" with regards to U2.. i thought it was only over here, nut apparently it is not!! Even on IRELAND!! that's weird... AND ANNOYING!! feck, such bad music is so cool nowadays... ppl are blind!! Or deaf, lol
yeah I know.

i cant think of very many other bands who enjoy the same level of uncoolness. most people may not be into springsteen or REM or whatever, but they don't hate them.

oh well
Old 06-25-2005, 06:59 AM   #140
Refugee

yeah, at least we get to enjoy it
Old 06-25-2005, 03:06 PM   #141
The Fly

Local Time: 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishteen
Pop is U2's second worst album, if you say that about any other band it would mean it is bad, but U2's second worst is a great album.
Pop is my 3rd favourite album after Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree!

Im 18 years old myself, 19 in August.
I think I must be the only U2 fan I know!
Hardly surprising though because Im surrounded by rap-loving chavs...
Old 06-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #142
Refugee

hey hedgehog! (funny name )

Yeah, well, over here they don't listen to rap, but they listen to " national rock" which is quite bad in most cases and totally shallow...
Old 06-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #143
The Fly

Can't be as bad as the rap lovers down here though, god I hate rap music although I did have a good laugh at watching a chav attempt to sing some lyrics to a rap song the other day.

The "hedgehog" thing comes from my hairstyle, people gave me the nickname "hedgehog" (not a very witty nickname , but hey, it stuck with me for a good few years now ).
Old 06-26-2005, 05:07 AM   #144
Refugee

Yeah, rap is quite awful, but please, imagine ppl pushing themselves so much in a concert that they end up taking your pants off and, in the middle of the show, THE BAND takes their pants off and are wearing thongs, and they start shaking their ass... disgusting! The worst thing is people consider that to be cool, come on, what do you go to a show to, the last thing they do is enjoy music! A friend told me that happened to her just a week ago...

Anyway, yeah, rap music is sulky most times and, imo, monotonous.. i listen to the same beat over and over again... boring!

LOL, the nickname's good, and I might be a bit dumb, , but I didn't imagine where it came from, hehe, it is good! (Well, maybe that's because I didn't see your hair
)
Old 06-26-2005, 05:25 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 AM
98% of rap is a load of crap, oover 99% of U2 is brillant, how is rap more popular. Eninem is finished his last album ruin him, one of the tracks is him getting sick. Mosh and Like Toy Soldiers I like but thats 2 on a album of what 12 songs, go away rap, or become good.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:54 PM   #146
New Yorker

when you think about rap, the main topics are... about the opposite gender, certain body parts about the oppposite gender (ex. boobs, ass), ''shaking what your momma gave you'', sex, drugs, alcohol, cars, being rich or in other words ''rolling in dough'' haha

when rap becomes good, someone call me and inform me to listen to the radio again. but for now, I'll stick to my beautiful U2 iPod

but to be honest, the only rapper that I like is Kanye West he's my guilty musical pleasure, ONLY because he has the song Jesus Walks
Old 06-26-2005, 11:21 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

yeah, rap is pretty bad. i like some eminem songs and everything, but most of it is shit. there are a couple i like, i just honestly cant think of them right now. one song i really hated though was that mockingbird song. now i love darker songs, songs about life's struggles, you name it. but that song was so self-pitying and opportunistic that it just made me want to tell that dude, "shit happens, ive got my own problems, so shut up." as if we didnt know he was an ass before.

on the plus side, a few months back when the pope died, we took a vote in my french class (we never actually did anything involving french in that class) and bono won for the new pope. whaddaya know
Old 06-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #148
War Child

Rap
I can`t tell the difference between each song! hellooo?? Can`t they just realize that they are just yelling bullshit that rhymes? I was once at a consert with a really cool rock band, and some rappers were there as their supporting act. They played a couple of songs, and when they were done, about half of the audience left!!! They were just there because of these stupid rappers (which sucked, by the way). I don`t get it!

Some Eminem songs are pretty cool.. But that`s about it.

oh, and hey Vicky!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:21 AM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 AM
I have decided I'm gonna prove to my friend two points, one that u2 are good, and two they are a rock band, I will make a brillant cd of U2 rock.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:10 PM   #150
Refugee

nice idea! LOL, I agree with you all!! Of course, there's always an exception, but rap is mostly baaaddd... in general, no message at all, especially most of the well-known rap singers: I can't stand Eminem, not his music (but anyway I don't like it ), but him as a person. Every pic I've ever seen of him, he's doing "the bad gesture with the middle finger" to the camera . If you are so pissed, why the heck do you take pictures??

And hey Mars!!!