tampa, fl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!! Let me know if you need any area information! How cool to have an Interferencer nearby. :) Tampa Bay is a wonderful area - full of plenty of things to do and lots of great restaurants and concerts too!

hehe, yeah. :D

i've been to tampa bay a couple times before to go to busch gardens. :laugh:

luckily, if we do move, i already know where we'll be living (not *too* far away, in tarpon springs) with family until we can get on our feet and move out.

we were originally looking at moving there as a worst-case scenario, but now i'm thinking we should move there regardless, because obviously memphis is doing nothing for us. more than a year and a half later, my husband is working the same job with no sign of a promotion or even a raise (while a co-worker with a lot less seniority got one, which is a long story), and i can hardly find part-time work here. so maybe a change of scenery would help.

and it would be even better because we could meet up occasionally! :hyper: i miss florida so much, and i love the gulf coast, it's so gorgeous.

You should come visit - all of you! I :heart: Tampa!

Khan, my boyfriend and I moved here for something similar to your problem - Tallahassee was a deadend for us, we were/are young and wanted a change of scenery and a nightlife. Tampa was so much more than we ever expected. I'm elated. I don't think I'll ever get out of Florida. :love:

:hyper: awesome!

i'm almost 20 which means it won't be long before i'm 21. the one thing that i hate about memphis is that if you're under 21, there's nothing to do here. you get stuck going to the same places all the teens and pre-teens go, like the mall, and other stuff like that.

something tells me if we move to florida we won't leave either. we may move to different cities, but never leave the state. i just love it there. especially given where i lived, tampa is so close to both cities (orlando and cape canaveral). i can't wait to take day trips to show my husband where i grew up and stuff like that.

towards the end of this week i'll know whether or not we have to move, so then we can start setting a moving date. but even if we don't have to move, i think we'll still want to move.

HelloAngel said:
Let me know if there is anything I can do :)
aight! tanks! we're lucky because if we do end up moving, we'd need a u-haul trailer (the trucks are way too expensive) but my car has no trailer hitch. however, the family we'd be moving in with has a truck, and they said they'll drive up, hook up the trailer, and then we follow them down. i was like :ohmy: that's nice.

i know i'll need a job. :crazy: luckily my husband can probably get a transfer. even if i could, i wouldn't want one. :laugh:

HelloAngel said:
You should come visit - all of you! I :heart: Tampa!

Khan, my boyfriend and I moved here for something similar to your problem - Tallahassee was a deadend for us, we were/are young and wanted a change of scenery and a nightlife. Tampa was so much more than we ever expected. I'm elated. I don't think I'll ever get out of Florida. :love:

Wow. I live in Tampa and I went to college in Tallahasse (go FSU!).

I grew up in Tampa (well, Temple Terrace actually), went away for school, and I've been back home for about 5 years :)

kellyahern said:

Wow. I live in Tampa and I went to college in Tallahasse (go FSU!).

I grew up in Tampa (well, Temple Terrace actually), went away for school, and I've been back home for about 5 years :)

Okay - now that's just a big coincidence!! LOL! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom