St Patty's in Las Vegas w/ The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheEdge U2JT said:

I'm sure everyone out here on a Best Coast can plan some sort of get together. We talked about doing the same when Mick comes out here....whenever that might be...

:hmm: envisions funding a Battle of the Bands - U2 Style with JT, Elevation CA, UF, October, and anyone willing to take on Pavel!!! wouldn't that be a party!!! :up:

:lmao:

oooohoo-hooo-hooo :lmao:
buwahahahahahahahahah!--oh!, oh!---wahahahahhaaaa!
:lol:

Ouch...ouch, it hurts.

oh!
Rick, thats a good one!
hehe.
yea...wooohohohohohohoooooooo.

:eyebrow:

The plain of me wants to leave this be.

The frosty side of me is kicking it in a lawn chair, with a beer in my hand and say lets do it!

I'd pay good money to view a U2-off.

I might wanna go with the plain side here, cuz i get into trouble sometimes.

:reject:

TheEdge U2JT said:

I'm sure everyone out here on a Best Coast can plan some sort of get together. We talked about doing the same when Mick comes out here....whenever that might be...

That is lookin to be April..near the end..Prob last weekend .

Mick

One month from today people!!

one month....omg, i can't wait.

Can i get a roll call with a thumbs up. :up:

If undecided as of yet...what are you waiting for? :shame:

You cannot miss this...our boys are doing an acoustic show on top of 2 full band performances, a full weekend of U2 music and love.

You'll seriously kick yourself if you do not make it to the shows.

Hope to see you there!!

Allegra said:

If this is without instruments, I want to be there for that one!

uhm....I win hands down.....no contest!

All I have to do is take off my shoes...and no survivors!

:laugh:

night_and_day66 said:
You are going to want to shield your eyes if he ever takes off his shirt...

I swear i am not kidding.

His mom was a polar bear and his dad was a bottle of White Out.

:yes:
DUDE....YOU ARE SO FRICKIN' MEAN!!! I happen to :heart: the white meat...I mean men. You should be nice you know...he is your sugar daddy!!!

:shame:

:drool: mmmmmmmsugardaddymmmmmmmm:drool:

night_and_day66 said:

Its a Jim Gaffigan line (hes a comedian, much like myself).
:rockon:

Sugardaddy?.... :eyebrow:
um,no

Um..whatever. Don't quit your day job...oh wait....

But, if you were a comedian then why can't you take a joke?!
:tongue:

Were you at the Phoenix Vertigo show?

TheEdge U2JT said:
OK here are the official set times.

Friday night March 16th 9pm- until ?? in the Irish Pub

Saturday Afternoon March 17th, 3-4:30pm in the Pub (Acoustic Set)

Saturday March 17th 9PM-until?? In the nightclub

Hope to see ya out there!

Just curious...
Were a couple of you guys from your tribute band in Phoenix for the Vertigo 4/15/2005 show at Glendale Arena? My friend and I met two or three guys from a tribute band there, while waiting for Joe O'Herlihy to come out to the soundbooth. I thought they said they were from Salt Lake City. Joe had brought out a bunch of stuff for us from Bono when these guys were waiting by us and we talked to them. Joe came out and was joking with the guy who said he played Bono in the band. Was this you and your group??

UPDATE!!

Here is the press release from the JW Marriott. They will not be doing pre-sale tickets so get out there early on Saturday!!

BLARNEY SEASON AT J.C. WOOLOUGHAN’S IRISH PUB

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa is Party Central for St. Patrick’s Day

Las Vegas, Nevada –Once again, the grandest of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations is being hosted at J.C. Wooloughan’s Irish Pub at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa. A double-dose of high energy festivities crambed into two great days - Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17. Plenty of entertainment, great drink and eats, giveaways and merchandise, not to mention blarney galore are awaiting pub revelers.

The eve of St. Patrick’s Day, March 16, offers the very best Happy Hour of the Year to kick off the Festivities…The Fabulous Wild Celts live on Stage at 4pm. Join Walter & the Gang and the J.C. Wooloughan crew in a Festive toasting to everyone and everything Irish. The fun continues throughout the evening with a feature performance from our co-headliners “The Joshua Tree”, California’s extreme U2 Tribute Band live at 10pm through the wee hours of midnight when we will ring in St. Patrick’s Day in good Irish fashion…with a beer in hand and a song on our lips!

The Day, The Moment…… – Saturday March 17,…..THREE VENUES to choose from….The Pub will open at 10:00 am on St. Patrick’s Day awaiting our hardcore revellers begin the celebration early. At Noon, the party kicks off in the Pub providing a smorgasbord of food and libation including our traditional steamship of Corned Beef & Cabbage Carvery served from 11:00 am. The bag pipes will launch the festivities in the Pub with Thompson/O’Keefe, John Windsor, and featuring Joshua Tree “unplugged” for an afternoon performance. Local favorites – Pop Culture will also entertain our guests later in the evening.

At 5:00 pm, Our Second & Third venues, The Backyard will open with Festive Music & our “Edge Lounge” will Host our Feature Acts of the Holiday – The Wild Celts at 5pm and Joshua Tree at 10pm – The ever popular Wild Celts are back at the Pub after a long hiatus with great cheer and of course our customary U2 Tribute Band, Joshua Tree direct from Southern California are certain to rock the house as in every year. Cover charge is $10 at the Pub & Backyard after 2pm and $20 combined charge for the Edge Lounge, Pub & Backyard - all venues for the day.

As the official St. Patrick’s Day headquarters for 94.1 FM, the radio station will be broadcasting live on Friday early evening, March 16 launching our weekend festivities. Don’t forget to visit the Blarney Stone, located outside the pub and guess the weight to win a wonderful prize to be announced on air.

Advance tickets and VIP badges are available at J.C. Wooloughan’s or for more information call 869-7725.

The elegant 548 room JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa offers guests a lush resort setting with Mediterranean architecture, a luxurious spa, world-class golf and all the pampering services and amenities that have become synonymous with the JW Marriott name. Located in the master-planned community of Summerlin, the resort is just 15 minutes northwest of The Strip. JW MARRIOTT LAS VEGAS RESORT & SPA: 221 N. Rampart Blvd., Toll Free: 877-869-8777, www.jwmarriottlv.com.

TheEdge U2JT said:
The Joshua Tree will be playing at the JW Marriott Resort in Las Vegas for St. Patrick's Day weekend this year.

JT will play both Friday and Saturday night. I'll post the exact times once we have them but 9pm is a safe bet.

In addition, Jason (Faux Bono) and I will be doing an acoustic show on Saturday Afternoon. Again, time TBA.

There are several other bands that will be playing throughout the day on Saturday.

Hope to see you out there!

What happened to the Hard Rock in City Walk???

I was soooo looking forward to it. :(

Back
Top Bottom